Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it is a case of Kane and his terrible agent not really doing their homework before this move. Bayern were very lucky to win the league last year and only did because Dortmund bottled it on the last day, there were already rumblings of discontent with Tuchel last season and at the same time many were admiring Alonso and felt Leverkusen were ready for something big. With Alonso staying at Leverkusen Bayern will have to invest heavily this summer, they will also most probably lose Davies and Kimmich and are stuck with Dier. In hindsight i think Kane may wish he had seen out his contract at Spurs

I think it is a case of Kane and his terrible agent not really doing their homework before this move. Bayern were very lucky to win the league last year and only did because Dortmund bottled it on the last day, there were already rumblings of discontent with Tuchel last season and at the same time many were admiring Alonso and felt Leverkusen were ready for something big. With Alonso staying at Leverkusen Bayern will have to invest heavily this summer, they will also most probably lose Davies and Kimmich and are stuck with Dier. In hindsight i think Kane may wish he had seen out his contract at Spurs

Big part of your career is making the right choices. Look at Pep, he never joins a team that doesn’t have the top or joint top best players/resources in any league. He knows he needs elite players for the way he works. Kompany took one of the better Championship teams Burnley and tried to play Pepball, it worked, he absolutely killed the Championship. He then tried to play the same way in the premiership with a championship team, it failed badly.

Kane in hindsight should have signed a 4 year deal not 6 then with 1 year remaining he would have gone City as Levy would have been forced to sell, Kane would then have won a shit ton of stuff. Instead he went to Bayern in a mess with a manager Tuchel who doesn’t fit. His career choice purely from a perspective of getting the most medal chances was poor.

Big part of your career is making the right choices. Look at Pep, he never joins a team that doesn’t have the top or joint top best players/resources in any league. He knows he needs elite players for the way he works. Kompany took one of the better Championship teams Burnley and tried to play Pepball, it worked, he absolutely killed the Championship. He then tried to play the same way in the premiership with a championship team, it failed badly.

Kane in hindsight should have signed a 4 year deal not 6 then with 1 year remaining he would have gone City as Levy would have been forced to sell, Kane would then have won a shit ton of stuff. Instead he went to Bayern in a mess with a manager Tuchel who doesn’t fit. His career choice purely from a perspective of getting the most medal chances was poor.
The Bayern move seemed like the wrong one at the time and has proven to be so.

EVEN if they had won the Bundesliga as expected - so what? They never had a sniff at CL. The fact they have conspired not to win it is crazy.

He could have had one last hurrah at Spurs, under an exciting new manager and who knows where we could have been? He would then have his pick of clubs in a couple months time.

The Bayern move seemed like the wrong one at the time and has proven to be so.

EVEN if they had won the Bundesliga as expected - so what? They never had a sniff at CL. The fact they have conspired not to win it is crazy.

He could have had one last hurrah at Spurs, under an exciting new manager and who knows where we could have been? He would then have his pick of clubs in a couple months time.

Read somewhere he moved to ensure we got a transfer fee for him

Just checking where we are here.

Are we now using Kane probably not winning a trophy as the definition of Spursy?

I’m sure that arseholes used to post that list of ex-players who had won the Turkish league and Swedish Cup as the definition of Spursy.

So which is it? Ex-players winning cups or ex-players not winning cups? Or is it option three? Posting shite on here that digs out the club you claim to support?

Feel bad for Harry if I'm being honest

He has always seemed like a good lad and great footballer but teams can't just be the Harry Kane team and expect to succeed

Lets bring him home on the condition that we don't play Harry Kane ball and Harry is just part of the broader Ange system

I would love to see this happen

Bayern haven't been the Harry Kane team though. They haven't even used him right this season and even their own manager criticised his team for not passing the ball to him enough, which isn't surprising with the likes of Musiala, Sane and Coman in the team.

They won't win the Bundesliga this season because their manager alienated the squad early doors, and most of them haven't wanted him there for a while, and also Leverkusen have had one of those golden season's teams can have in various leagues now and again, just as Leicester did in the Premier League some years back. None of those reason are anything to do with Kane.

Just checking where we are here.

Are we now using Kane probably not winning a trophy as the definition of Spursy?

I’m sure that arseholes used to post that list of ex-players who had won the Turkish league and Swedish Cup as the definition of Spursy.

So which is it? Ex-players winning cups or ex-players not winning cups? Or is it option three? Posting shite on here that digs out the club you claim to support?
Option 1 = club is Spursy
Option 2 = player is Spursy and that Spursiness has now left the club

The sad thing for me is they could get hammered at the scum and Kane will get dogs abuse from those muppets
So what?!

Kane didn’t care about my feelings when he went golfing with GNev begging for Pep to take him. He’s the one saying how Spurs don’t take losing as hard as Bayern do.

Son scored twice at the Death Star, if he’s about that life, he should match it at the bare minimum.

Yes. And he won't be staying without signing a new contract because that was Levy's stance, if my memory served me well from somewhere I read it. There won't be a scenario he will run his contract and pick his club.
And doing so would have been a year of pain followed by a move to Man UTD under Southgate and his reputation at Spurs getting torched.

I don’t think he really wanted to leave because there wasn’t another English club he fancied moving to. If he’s not back this summer it will be the following one at Man City to replace Haaland. He won’t be coming back here.

Great footballer and nothing against him personally, but one can only laugh when a player goes to Bayern for guarenteed trophies only to finish 15-20 points behind Leverkusen and getting knocked out of the cup by Preussen Münster. There is still 5% chance of winning the CL I guess.

His passing alone would have been great to see in Ange's system. Switching the play from one side to the other is something we're missing.
Don't think Maddison does enough and certainly Bissouma doesn't since he wants to keep it short all the time.

Back
Top Bottom