Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's just a bad vibe, one huge player who isn't willing to commit is overshadowing everything else about this project, and there are people here who want this to continue until January.

Refreshing for a manager to not just gloss over it and tell it straight. This needs to be sorted.

Oh I'm beyond bored now. If he doesn't want to be here, just sell him.

I'll always respect Kane for the goals he's scored for us (although he's bottled every final he's been in so that's black mark but hey ho, probably fairer to say the team bottled them, not just him).

But fuck my life am I shitting tired of reading about his cunting move. Just begone, so I can concentrate on only spurs again. Cheers.

Yours,

Grumpygoat.

I need a fucking brew.

Kane has been pissing us off as a fan base for couple years now. Not going to lie that interview with Neville has made mu feelings towards he not the same. Its been like Harry Kane FC fir years. If he loves the club as he says he does then he should of spoke up. He's encouraging the constant speculation and making it about him

Top player but fuck me the team has functioned for 4 years with this obsession with Kane. Glad Ange has had the bollocks to call it out. Other managers have just passified Kane

We have won fuck all with Kane. He's been as much as the problem in big games as anyone. We got to a CL final without Kane. Would of probably won it had we stuck with the same team as Ajax but again he was shoe horned in 10% fit

He either signs and commits or fuck him off

I'll always respect Kane for the goals he's scored for us (although he's bottled every final he's been in so that's black mark but hey ho, probably fairer to say the team bottled them, not just him).

But fuck my life am I shitting tired of reading about his cunting move. Just begone, so I can concentrate on only spurs again. Cheers.

Yours,

Grumpygoat.

I need a fucking brew.
Let the hate flow. Join us on the dark side
revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

I love Harry Kane, but it's becoming more and more clear to me that he doesn't love us. He loves playing for England, being England captain, record goalscorer etc, but we're just the team he happens to be contracted with who he plays week in, week out to be fit for England.

I don't really want him to go, but I'm also worried about the whole circus surrounding this and how it could impact our season. Every press conference is shrouded by questions about Kane now, and it will only get worse as the season goes on. Will that derail our season? Who knows, but it's a worry. If we feel that we can ride that and squeeze enough out of him this year to help us achieve our objectives, great. If not, move him on now and let Ange do what he needs to do to get us playing exactly how he wants us to

I love Harry Kane, but it's becoming more and more clear to me that he doesn't love us. He loves playing for England, being England captain, record goalscorer etc, but we're just the team he happens to be contracted with who he plays week in, week out to be fit for England.
I think you can love a place while believing it's better to move on. He gave us the best years of his career, has been here since he was a child, of course he loves the club, and that won't change if he moves abroad.

Yours,

Grumpygoat.

I need a fucking brew.

It's this kind of emotion Bayern is counting on.

They still need to step up their bid big time to even consider selling.

I don't really want him to go, but I'm also worried about the whole circus surrounding this and how it could impact our season. Every press conference is shrouded by questions about Kane now, and it will only get worse as the season goes on. Will that derail our season? Who knows, but it's a worry. If we feel that we can ride that and squeeze enough out of him this year to help us achieve our objectives, great. If not, move him on now and let Ange do what he needs to do to get us playing exactly how he wants us to
What Kane has said is more than reasonable it seems to me.

He is not pushing for a move, he is willing to go if the club wants to sell him (i.e. he is not going to insist on running down his contract and walking for free) but he isn't going to accept a move just anywhere to the highest bidder. He is not going to sign a contract because he has now seen 3 managers crash and burn and there is no guarantee the new arrangement is going to work. If the new arrangement works out he can still sign a new contract in future.

I don't see anything wrong with any of that, it makes perfect sense.

I understand the sentiment of those that think its time to sell, but we still haven't got any new CH's yet so selling Harry now before we get CH's in means there is another player we have to get in, and do you really trust this lot to spend the money from selling Kane well ?

if he wants out then we need to move quick and have a plan to use the cash. Last thing we need is a close to deadline sale and no time to use the money.

if he wants out then we need to move quick and have a plan to use the cash. Last thing we need is a close to deadline sale and no time to use the money.
I’m cool if we choose to hold the funds until Jan. only got about 20 games….Toney would be my pick regardless of fee (within reason) - c£100M

Back
Top Bottom