Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Came in to say this really.

Rooney, has for whatever reason, become hugely underrated over the last five or so years. Maybe because of how his career ended, leaving United and then ending up in the MLS, who knows.

But what an incredible footballer. Every bit a good a passer as Harry Kane in my opinion but no where near as good at scoring goals. As the evidence shows.

In terms of goalscorer. Kane shits all over Rooney. That's pretty much a fact. But overall footballer? Raw ability? Legacy? It's a lot closer.
Fair enough to compare them as players and to prefer Rooney, but honestly, Kane's contribution to the national team so completely outstrips Rooney's it's incomparable. They're on the opposite ends of the spectrum.

I can't think of an England player in my lifetime who contributed so much. He's scored or helped create the majority of the goals. Yes, he missed that pen against France, but he scored the other one, and I don't remember anyone else scoring. If it's not Kane, then it's no one.

Even Messi was saved by Di Maria in the Copa America final where Messi himself missed a big sitter.

Fair enough to compare them as players and to prefer Rooney, but honestly, Kane's contribution to the national team so completely outstrips Rooney's it's incomparable. They're on the opposite ends of the spectrum.

I can't think of an England player in my lifetime who contributed so much. He's scored or helped create the majority of the goals. Yes, he missed that pen against France, but he scored the other one, and I don't remember anyone else scoring. If it's not Kane, then it's no one.

Even Messi was saved by Di Maria in the Copa America final where Messi himself missed a big sitter.
Same as us really, unless we are 4 up with 5 minutes left he has to stay on because if we suddenly need to score and he has been taken off we are screwed.

Another know nothing cunt.

What frustrates me about bellends like Joey Barton looking to criticise Harry Kane is he forgets about his professionalism and leadership. It's not just about his goals, it's no coincidence that since Kane has come into the side and been captain the whole attitude around England from a fans point of view has changed.

Joey Barton on the other hand has spent more time in a prison cell than he has representing England.

How these thickos have a platform is beyond me.

47 goals in 55 games (no pens) £0.999.999 from AC Milan. Roo and Kane are great goal scorers but, playing on pitches full of mud, with right hooks a common place and a ball that weighed more than Linda Lusardi's left boob, Jimmy is the best centre forward England has ever produced and probably ever will produce.

What frustrates me about bellends like Joey Barton looking to criticise Harry Kane is he forgets about his professionalism and leadership. It's not just about his goals, it's no coincidence that since Kane has come into the side and been captain the whole attitude around England from a fans point of view has changed.

Joey Barton on the other hand has spent more time in a prison cell than he has representing England.

Joey Barton , is basically a thug who got lucky because he had footballing talent ( albeit a very limited one ) If not for that , he probably would have spent most of his adult life locked up . Very unpleasant individual

What frustrates me about bellends like Joey Barton

Animation Bird GIF

If people haven't yet figured out that social media is damaging then we deserve to go extinct.
The various different platforms don't give a shit what people write or do on it. They may pick up on the odd swear words and ban people, but they are fine with this kind of drivel, blatant fraud, ID theft, racism, misinformation, vote rigging etc etc etc.

Is it just my imagination, or is Harry Kane the ONLY player the Media are OBSESSED with selling off??

Maybe Declan Rice... But I still get the feeling he'd be supported if he decided to stay at West 'Am, and their "Gawd Luv yer Muvver, I drive fur the Kray twins, salt of the earf" narrative...

I can't think of ONE other England player the Media are SO desperate to see leave their club...

Why not Jordan Pickford? The fuck are Everton gonna win...?
Why not James Madison....? Where's the clamour for HIM to leave Leicester? (Or is it cos he's already won stuff with them...?) DAMMIT!! DAMN YOU Leicester AND YOUR FUCKING FAIRYTALE!!

Is it just my imagination, or is Harry Kane the ONLY player the Media are OBSESSED with selling off??

Maybe Declan Rice... But I still get the feeling he'd be supported if he decided to stay at West 'Am, and their "Gawd Luv yer Muvver, I drive fur the Kray twins, salt of the earf" narrative...

I can't think of ONE other England player the Media are SO desperate to see leave their club...

Why not James Madison....? Where's the clamour for HIM to leave Leicester? (Or is it cos he's already won stuff with them...?) DAMMIT!! DAMN YOU Leicester AND YOUR FUCKING FAIRYTALE!!
Your posts really stress me out. But on this occasion you've got a very good point.

Good comparison with Rooney and Kane. Very valid.

Rooney more impactful for me and would have been brilliant in the current team.

Better than Kane? Yes, in my opinion in the biggest games.
For club, 100% yes. For country, I’m not so sure - aside from bursting onto the scene in Euro 2004, Rooney was always bang average at best in tournaments. His performances at World Cups in 06, 10 and 14 were all particularly bad, and he only scored 1 goal at the World Cup finals - Kane has 8 from 2 tournaments, and a golden boot 👍🏻

Because quite clearly Kane is a World Class players whilst the two you mentioned aren't and many people believe someone like him should be at a level where he's winning trophies consistently, it's a fair argument.

Back
Top Bottom