Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What makes (or made) Kane very good was his willingness to do more high intensity sprints than anyone else. He never was a huge natural talent. I predicted that this willingness would taper off with age and then from being a very good player, he will now just be a good player. We're going to see the Kane of old from time to time, but in short spells only. Btw, I think the same will apply to Haaland in Dortmund - same type of player who is going to lose his edge in his mid-twenties.

You think him being able to create his own goals means he just scores at will?
Don't be silly, I've never suggested it nor do I believe that. What I do believe is that a person 'able to create their own goals' would at least be able to score more than 1 chance of the many chances he's been presented and spurned already this season. And I do believe that 1 of those prospective goals would have been 'created out of nothing' like his supporters suggest. And I don't think his supporters would have to resort to quoting ECL goals or 'least smelly turd' arguments (2nd most goals in the team) to support his efforts.
There is zero plan in terms of squad construction
And thus zero plan was utilized to build the Poch era which suckered you aboard. So why start criticizing it now? Full steam ahead then and I suppose you are on board?
Nope that is not true at all. I have said I am open to selling him and even suggested a very easy, open plan (hire Potter) that I would have been fine with.
The correct decision to sell Kane was independent of whatever happened after it. It was the right move then, supported by many reasoned arguments, and the intervening evidence suggest we have fucked ourselves by not doing it. Many argued that his play would be just as we are seeing for many reason bt hopeful, happy clappers imputed some type of super-hero bullshit on him to support their beliefs he wouldn't be hampered by remaining chained to us. He is human and it would affect all of us. And that doesn't even take into account that we are shit and will not be providing the wholly dependent striker with infinite chances to spurn at his leisure.
My motives are 100% based on reason, if they were based on emotion I would being saying never sell Kane under any circumstance.
No, if they were completely untethered to reason you would be suggesting the bold. But unlike you I'm not gonna use the fringe to define the more rational-but-wrong folks of your ilk. Your decision is still based on emotion. We are still going to suck with Harry (we do) and we've now lost out on moving a valuable asset whose value is plummeting. The wrong decision was made irrespective of what we would have done afterward...that's where we were with 28yo, frequently injured, sucked at the Euros, emotionally/psychologically hurt from not getting his move, and wholly dependent striker/slug Harry Kane. You are making an argument that might have made sense back in 2016. It makes no sense now. Your supportive reasons are weak and don't stand up to scrutiny...and the new evidence...so you quote ECL goals to make it happen. If Dele scored 20 ECL goals by now many folks would still rightly want him gone...but you quote them as support of a non-performing, WC, golden boot wholly dependent striker who's getting dominated in the league. Yeah, it's an emotional plea.
The plan should have been to purchase another striker with Kane here and we didn't. I don't think it is disingenuous at all to think we wouldn't have bought anyone.

And people are suggesting we should replace Kane with a bergwijn-Son-Moura frontline so yes people are thinking it.
Irrespective of what happened next Kane should have been sold. There is no plan with him and there may not be a plan without him...and we've lost millions. We've never had a plan and now we are back to the club we were before Poch and that ain't pretty. But we still should have sold him. Folks just want the status of a supposed WC player in their midst. Welp, folks also wanted the status of winner Mou. I hope both sets get exactly what they've asked for. That is why I hope this drama keeps going so lessons can be taught. They won't be learned but then folks that were here will be responsible for not knowing.
Again I would not say surely about anything being bought.
And you're back to setting up a favorable hypothetical to support your argument. Convenient! We don't know and it didn't matter. Selling Kane was the right choice irrespective of what happened next. we still suck with him and we would have sucked without him. Folks just get to say we have a 'WC' striker and not be bantered about selling our supposed best player. It was a Pyrrhic victory then and it's a painful 'victory' now.

Like I've said, you'll come around by the end of the season but you'll only be lying to yourself. He will not have 'regressed' nor could 'nobody have predicted it' because so friggin many people predicted it in this and the xfer thread. This was predictable and has been told by many a person around the game. You do not keep a player that wants to leave. And beyond that Kane just wasn't that special to do it anyway. And we suffer now because of it.

We are a clown show and it's been going on for a few seasons now. It's not Kane's fault and he'd have bagged a ton of goals at City (because of the plate setting of course) but keeping him wasn't the answer irrespective of what we did afterwards. Remember the Dele thread. You've seen how sad Guido looks shouting at the clouds that Dele should be starting, right? Don't let this be the hill you and your credibility die on. Don't be the last holdout still fighting this losing battle and having folks pop in to the thread just to see if Iggy is still holding it down. Keeping him hurt him as much as it hurt the club. We are all losers ( cretinousgoat cretinousgoat more than others) here.

Last edited:
Don't be silly, I've never suggested it nor do I believe that. What I do believe is that a person 'able to create their own goals' would at least be able to score more than 1 chance of the many chances he's been presented and spurned already this season. And I do believe that 1 of those prospective goals would have been 'created out of nothing' like his supporters suggest. And I don't think his supporters would have to resort to quoting ECL goals or 'least smelly turd' arguments (2nd most goals in the team) to support his efforts.

And thus zero plan was utilized to build the Poch era which suckered you aboard. So why start criticizing it now? Full steam ahead then and I suppose you are on board?

The correct decision to sell Kane was independent of whatever happened after it. It was the right move then, supported by many reasoned arguments, and the intervening evidence suggest we have fucked ourselves by not doing it. Many argued that his play would be just as we are seeing for many reason bt hopeful, happy clappers imputed some type of super-hero bullshit on him to support their beliefs he wouldn't be hampered by remaining chained to us. He is human and it would affect all of us. And that doesn't even take into account that we are shit and will not be providing the wholly dependent striker with infinite chances to spurn at his leisure.

No, if they were completely untethered to reason you would be suggesting the bold. But unlike you I'm not gonna use the fringe to define the more rational-but-wrong folks of your ilk. Your decision is still based on emotion. We are still going to suck with Harry (we do) and we've now lost out on moving a valuable asset whose value is plummeting. The wrong decision was made irrespective of what we would have done afterward...that's where we were with 28yo, frequently injured, sucked at the Euros, emotionally/psychologically hurt from not getting his move, and wholly dependent striker/slug Harry Kane. You are making an argument that might have made sense back in 2016. It makes no sense now. Your supportive reasons are weak and don't stand up to scrutiny...and the new evidence...so you quote ECL goals to make it happen. If Dele scored 20 ECL goals by now many folks would still rightly want him gone...but you quote them as support of a non-performing, WC, golden boot wholly dependent striker who's getting dominated in the league. Yeah, it's an emotional plea.

Irrespective of what happened next Kane should have been sold. There is no plan with him and there may not be a place without him...and we've lost millions. We've never had a plan and now we are back to the club we were before Poch and that ain't pretty. But we still should have sold him. Folks just want the status of a supposed WC player in their midst. Welp, folks also wanted the status of winner Mou. I hope both sets get exactly what they've asked for. That is why I hope this drama keeps going so lessons can be taught. They won't be learned but then folks that were here will be responsible for not knowing.

And you're back to setting up a favorable hypothetical to support your argument. Convenient! We don't know and it didn't matter. Selling Kane was the right choice irrespective of what happened next. we still suck with him and we would have sucked without him. Folks just get to say we have a 'WC' striker and not be bantered about selling our supposed best player. It was a Pyrrhic victory then and it's a painful 'victory' now.

Like I've said, you'll come around by the end of the season but you'll only be lying to yourself. He will not have 'regressed' nor could 'nobody have predicted it' because so friggin many people predicted it in this and the xfer thread. This was predictable and has been told by many a person around the game. You do not keep a player that wants to leave. And beyond that Kane just wasn't that special to do it anyway. And we suffer now because of it.

We are a clown show and it's been going on for a few seasons now. It's not Kane's fault and he'd have bagged a ton of goals at City (because of the plate setting of course) but keeping him wasn't the answer irrespective of what we did afterwards. Remember the Dele thread. You've seen how sad Guido looks shouting at the clouds that Dele should be starting, right? Don't let this be the hill you and your credibility die on. Don't be the last holdout still fighting this losing battle and having folks pop in to the thread just to see if Iggy is still holding it down. Keeping him hurt him as much as it hurt the club. We are all losers ( cretinousgoat cretinousgoat more than others) here.
USA!

He's paid millions to play football.
'Millions' doesn't matter. He's paid a fair wage for the service he provides. That's it. He has no greater responsibility or standard of conduct because his fair wage is beyond that of ordinary jobs. It's an extraordinary line of work and he is paid an extraordinary but fair wage for it.
In any other job, not performing because you are pissed off with the boss gets you sacked.
It's not any other job so stop comparing it. In any other job there aren't 60K there scrutinizing your efforts either. And in any other job if you are disatisfied you can just seek other employment. He tried to do that but the contract cuts both ways. You won't let him depart then you have to deal with his sulking...which is exactly why you don't keep a player that wants to leave. they have leverage too and we are seeing that. But we think that dealing with Kane's leverage sucks because we don't get what we want as supporters. Not like any other job.

Last edited:
KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy
It’s like a parallel universe in here…….were these people really calling us gooners and west ham fans just a mere two weeks ago?

No look at them go…….
……congratulations to everyone who now agrees with everything we told you, and feels that now it’s ok to not only slate Kane’s performances but to hurl abuse at him.

Because now you think it’s ok, and now you think he’s poor, and now you don’t like his attitude and now you dont feel he will turn it around and now you don’t think it’s all about his poor teammates and now it’s not just tactical and now golden boots mean fuck all.

Well done. Well done.

State of you

Irrespective of what happened next Kane should have been sold. There is no plan with him and there may not be a plan without him...and we've lost millions. We've never had a plan and now we are back to the club we were before Poch and that ain't pretty. But we still should have sold him. Folks just want the status of a supposed WC player in their midst. Welp, folks also wanted the status of winner Mou. I hope both sets get exactly what they've asked for. That is why I hope this drama keeps going so lessons can be taught. They won't be learned but then folks that were here will be responsible for not knowing.

Reported

His brother and Dad met with Man City representatives when we beat Man Utd 6-1.

They agreed terms, and were under the impression that Levy would sanction the deal.

'Millions' doesn't matter. He's paid a fair wage for the service he provides. That's it. He has no greater responsibility or standard of conduct because his fair wage is beyond that of ordinary jobs. It's an extraordinary line of work and he is paid an extraordinary but fair wage for it.

It's not any other job so stop comparing it. In any other job there aren't 60K there scrutinizing your efforts either. And in any other job if you are disatisfied you can just seek other employment. He tried to do that but the contract cuts both ways. You won't let him depart then you have to deal with his sulking...which is exactly why you don't keep a player that wants to leave. they have leverage too and we are seeing that. But we think that dealing with Kane's leverage sucks because we don't get what we want as supporters. Not like any other job.

Fair points. But that contract means he stays with us until the end of it. Unless terms are met that we are happy for that to be terminated. He can't have thought we were realistically going to win the league, so why sign a six year contract? He was happy to lock in and guarantee wages and protect himself financially for a large period. Nobody signs six year deals.

He's actually paid an obscene amount of money to kick a bit of leather around, and "not a normal job" notwithstanding there's an expectation from all that you do your best. Try. He's not trying. That's why he's a cunt. Not because he wanted to win trophies, or feels that he wants a new challenge or whatever bollocks he's spewing.

He is tarnishing his reputation, legacy and potential records; things he does (or used to) care about. But whatever, what will be will be.

And he can be another player that nearly did Shearer's record but fell short and lost his way.

His brother and Dad met with Man City representatives when we beat Man Utd 6-1.

They agreed terms, and were under the impression that Levy would sanction the deal.

If clubs haven't agreed a fee, then usually arranging terms just with the player and his agent is not allowed. I'd have told them to fuck off for that too.

If we had bought a backup striker like people have been demanding for THREE FUCKING YEARS! now then Kane could be dropped to bench and made to fight for his place, which might just give him the kick in the arse he needs as there is a world cup next year and he will be want to be England's main man.

This like everything else comes back to the penny pinching from ENIC

And every single cunt out there who perpetrated or bought into the narrative that's it hard for us to buy a backup striker because they would know they are playing second fiddle to Kane, the utter tripe narrative that people somehow made stick.

I was fucking livid when Villa got Ings on the cheap but many people on here thought Ings was beneath us.

But in fairness to Kane, is he missing sitters? He isn’t even getting the ball. It can’t be all his fault. The longer he goes without goals the less likely it is that he gets his move away.

My August valuation of £120 million is just a dim & distant dream this morning. Who'd buy Kane now? Nobody with any sense. We're stuck with him and his wages. Yet another dead horse we can't even flog. We're buggered. Thanks Harry, you selfish bastard.
Levy is another selfish fool - more interested in flexing his 'I'm in charge' muscles than doing what was right for the club. Idiot.

Drop Kane from the first team squad. Look to the future.

I they need a striker I think plenty would buy him, just not for anything like the money that was being talked about. I don't believe for a moment he has suddenly lost all of his ability. 12 months ago he was playing some of the best football of his career. His head has gone for us and his heart is elsewhere. He's not suddenly become a bang average player in the space of a few months. He's just going through the motions, in what is a very average side under a very average manager.

If we had bought a backup striker like people have been demanding for THREE FUCKING YEARS! now then Kane could be dropped to bench and made to fight for his place, which might just give him the kick in the arse he needs as there is a world cup next year and he will be want to be England's main man.

This like everything else comes back to the penny pinching from ENIC

And every single cunt out there who perpetrated or bought into the narrative that's it hard for us to buy a backup striker because they would know they are playing second fiddle to Kane, the utter tripe narrative that people somehow made stick.

I was fucking livid when Villa got Ings on the cheap but many people on here thought Ings was beneath us.
Ings wasn't beneath us. At least in my opinion as well. Ideal second/back up striker.

I think this was a bigger mistake than not selling Kane this summer. If we had a competent backup Kane would have to fight for his place and we perhaps wouldn’t be seeing this current version of him.
Ings would have been a good option, even a punt on someone like Édouard who ended up at Palace where he’s scored 3 goals in 7 appearances.

I thought Ings rushed to sign with Villa because he didn't even like the idea of being talked about with Spurs. Who would after seeing how last several second strikers here were treated

Back
Top Bottom