Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Manchester United :levyeyes:
Sounds like Harry wants to go somewhere and tick the boxes of almost guaranteed big prizes and medals.

Man U are now on their longest trophy drought since the late 1980’s. They might have finished 2nd but are miles off a title winning side and won’t be under Solskjaer. They’re grand if they are allowed counter attack and use the pace in their side. If a well organised side sits back and defends deep, they don’t have the guile or quality of creative player to unlock it, nor does Solskjaer have the tactical acumen.

I hate to say it but inserting Harry into United is a significantly better team than Tottenham keeping Kane, even with significant reinforcements.

Harry at United might we'll end their dominance drought since Fergie left. That would be a hell of a story. Makes me puke but story nonetheless.

I hate to say it but inserting Harry into United is a significantly better team than Tottenham keeping Kane, even with significant reinforcements.

Harry at United might we'll end their dominance drought since Fergie left. That would be a hell of a story. Makes me puke but story nonetheless.
They’re not winning any big prizes under Solskjaer and he’s going to there for at least next season. Question for Harry if he decides it’s Old Trafford, are you investing into another project that could take a few years to come fruition.

Sounds like Harry wants to go somewhere and tick the boxes of almost guaranteed big prizes and medals.

Man U are now on their longest trophy drought since the late 1980’s. They might have finished 2nd but are miles off a title winning side and won’t be under Solskjaer. They’re grand if they are allowed counter attack and use the pace in their side. If a well organised side sits back and defends deep, they don’t have the guile or quality of creative player to unlock it, nor does Solskjaer have the tactical acumen.
That’s exactly where Kane backs himself to make a difference maybe? Which he would

and I don’t think he wants to guarantee prizes, he is more likely to want to compete for trophies not guarantee

That’s exactly where Kane backs himself to make a difference maybe? Which he would

and I don’t think he wants to guarantee prizes, he is more likely to want to compete for trophies not guarantee
They’re about four short - a central defender, central midfielder, right sided midfielder and striker and have a manager in Solskjaer who’s not an elite level manager who will deliver the big prizes.

They’re about four short - a central defender, central midfielder, right sided midfielder and striker and have a manager in Solskjaer who’s not an elite level manager who will deliver the big prizes.
Four short from what? Winning the league

we are seven or so short from even challenging for 4th

Four short from what? Winning the league

we are seven or so short from even challenging for 4th
I’m under no illusions as to how far we’re off the pace. That’s why Kane wants to leave. If he wants to join a challenger and likely winner of league and European Cup honours, Man U don’t look a very good fit in that regard. They haven’t challenged for either prize over the last 8 seasons, they’re on their longest trophy drought since the late 1980’s, they’re a number of players short and they don’t have an elite level manager at the moment in Solskjaer who’ll get them there.

I’m under no illusions as to how far we’re off the pace. That’s why Kane wants to leave. If he wants to join a challenger and likely winner of league and European Cup honours, Man U don’t look a very good fit in that regard. They haven’t challenged for either prize over the last 8 seasons, they’re on their longest trophy drought since the late 1980’s, they’re a number of players short and they don’t have an elite level manager at the moment in Solskjaer who’ll get them there.
I don’t disagree, my point is Kane will probably think he can make a difference

let’s be honest, he’s gonna want City

Fair point, it may be media speculation, I’ve no idea. But if they did have the conversation then Daniel should honour it.

Not really. No such thing as a 'gentleman's agreement' in football. A contract is a contract, and IF (and no evidence to suggest it did happen) such an 'agreement' was made, then Kane is an idiot.

Anyway, with 3 years left on his deal, Kane can go swivel. Levy holds the cards here and no chance does he let Kane go for less than £120m. Not a chance in hell.

And with the rumours of City going to spend £100m on Grealish...are they really going to drop another £150m on Kane?!

I agree but they could challenge for it, which is likely what Kane wants
Not that much between us. United isn't all that imho.

They wasted the whole summer and didn't put up the money for Sancho. Why should it be different with Kane who is older and much more expensive. Also, Levy don't like doing business with them after Berba.

Not really. No such thing as a 'gentleman's agreement' in football. A contract is a contract, and IF (and no evidence to suggest it did happen) such an 'agreement' was made, then Kane is an idiot.

Anyway, with 3 years left on his deal, Kane can go swivel. Levy holds the cards here and no chance does he let Kane go for less than £120m. Not a chance in hell.

And with the rumours of City going to spend £100m on Grealish...are they really going to drop another £150m on Kane?!
A player who has been with the club 20 years deserves more respect than that. Contractually, the agreement means nothing but who knows what was promised to Kane from Levy. Could argue Kane’s advisors were naive and should have documented it in a contract amendment

If Levy moved the goalposts I can understand Kane speaking to Neville, but if he’s has gone ahead then arguably the gents agreement is broken by Kane

we don’t know the details is my point and knowing Levy, I suspect he’s at fault

A player who has been with the club 20 years deserves more respect than that. Contractually, the agreement means nothing but who knows what was promised to Kane from Levy. Could argue Kane’s advisors were naive and should have documented it in a contract amendment

If Levy moved the goalposts I can understand Kane speaking to Neville, but if he’s has gone ahead then arguably the gents agreement is broken by Kane

You can suspect all you like but without any proof at all, that’s irrelevant conjecture.

👍🏾

I can’t understanding anyone speaking to and pouring their heart out to Gary Neville.

Why should Tottenham Hotspur bend over and get shafted by these cunt clubs. Why should we bend over and say yes to what Abu dhabi city want or chelski or those cunts from Manchester who still think its 1995 or for that matter Harry Kane (if he has asked to leave) . My point is Tottenham hold all the cards and no matter what the above or the wankstain media want. Tottenham can and I suspect will say no to any compromises. We can ask for 500 million if we want and theres not a thing these arseholes can say or do about it

Mate, from a emotionally standpoint I see where you come from. But at the same time we can't run the club as a charity. At the end of the day, it's what written down what counts.

City linked to 100m move for Grealish today.
Possibly rules them out of Kane for another £100m+ on top.
I just can't see City even approaching what Levy would want to sell Kane, genuinely don't think they'd come within 40m of his asking price.

League and Champions league double might loosen the purse (that's barely got a string anyway)
But I can't see them making two PL record signings in one window.

Back
Top Bottom