Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you know him personally and what he's thinking, fair enough. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
Nah I just listen to what the man says when he speaks. Im not going to sit here in denial like a few on here and convince myself he will retire at spurs. He deserves trophy’s and I think he’ll do everything he can to get them with or without spurs

Nah I just listen to what the man says when he speaks. Im not going to sit here in denial like a few on here and convince myself he will retire at spurs. He deserves trophy’s and I think he’ll do everything he can to get them with or without spurs
Fair enough, we'll wait and see. I don't see anyone on here in denial, not one poster that i've read has said their 100% convinced he'll spend his career with us, it's just what we hope will happen.

Not really. It has Bayern, and not a lot else. Liverpool beat second placed Leipzig at a canter over two legs, despite being so poor this season. Dortmund have had a soft under-belly for years and would probably finish mid-table in the EPL despite having some top players like Haaland, Sancho and Reus. I watch a lot of the Bundesliga and the defending is generally absolutely comical. All in all it's a pretty poor, albeit entertaining, league. With one outstanding team.
I defer to your superior knowledge.

Rumours anyway. And clearly he's past his prime. Madrid is all about keeping up with the newest golacticos.

Another reason they won't sign Kane. They won't sign what will then be a 28 year old that might be a touch past his best to replace Benzema. Regardless of the fact that they do share some similar attributes.

I like all the talk in the last week about Kane beating Shearers record.
He can only do that if he stays in the premier league and I actually doubt he'd want to play against us regularly.

Just to put that record in perspective, when people think about Jimmy Greaves, what do you think about?
Do you think about the (much delayed) world cup winner medal?
Do you think about the 1962 FA Cup medal?
Do you think about the 1963 Cup Winners Cup medal?
1967 FA Cup?
No. It's 377 league goals. 266 Spurs goals. Highest goals per game ratio for England by far.
There's every possibility Kane could win nothing but be remembered for decades for that kind of thing.
AND it's not the 90's anymore. He doesn't need to go to Man United to earn a fair wage.

And before anyone says he's injury prone, he's missed 2 games this season.

Anyway San Marino tonight at 19:45.
I know many here prefer that Kane sits on the bench for most games so "he don't get injured" but I like to see him play every game and keep smashing records.

GamesGoalsGPG
1ROONEY120530.442
2CHARLTON106490.462
3LINEKER80480.600
4GREAVES57440.772
5OWEN89400.449
6KANE51320.627

Anyway San Marino tonight at 19:45.
I know many here prefer that Kane sits on the bench for most games so "he don't get injured" but I like to see him play every game and keep smashing records.

GamesGoalsGPG
1ROONEY120530.442
2CHARLTON106490.462
3LINEKER80480.600
4GREAVES57440.772
5OWEN89400.449
6KANE51320.627
I sort of agree but will be gutted if he gets injured. Rooney's 53 includes at least 10 against San Marino and other pub teams.

I wonder if City will make a move for him. If there is one player who is guaranteed to get you PL goals it’s Harry Kane. He’s pretty much the complete footballer, he would be such an incredible addition to that team with aguero on the way out. Could probably still play there for 4 or 5 years. Knows quite a few if the squad well from England as well.

Be scary if they went for him.

Game over for the rest of the league.

I sort of agree but will be gutted if he gets injured. Rooney's 53 includes at least 10 against San Marino and other pub teams.
Greaves got 44 goals for England
3 against Luxembourg
3 against Scotland
3 against NI
4 more against NI
3 more against NI
4 against Norway

No one who has played for England as the main CF can say their goals all came in big games. Most of the above were friendlies.

Back
Top Bottom