Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I said, I compare him to the likes of Van Nistleroy, Ronaldo 1, Kluivert, Henry (spit) or Dimi and I think he falls short of them in a number of areas.
You can chuck numbers at me as much as you like, I never said Kane wasn’t a good player.
He is better than Van Nistelrooy and Berbatov. Better goals to game ratio, and a better passer. Ronaldo 1 and Henry are legends of the game and I don't think he is there yet.

You didn't answer my question though. Right now would you rank him as the second best CF in the world?

He is better than Van Nistelrooy and Berbatov. Better goals to game ratio, and a better passer. Ronaldo 1 and Henry are legends of the game and I don't think he is there yet.

You didn't answer my question though. Right now would you rank him as the second best CF in the world?
His already outscored Kluivert whole career goals total

So this is where your weird agenda stems from. The fact that all those years ago you said something silly, and you weren't alone to be fair, and Harry Kane has gone on to make you look like a right helmet.

You're probably one of those strange Asian people that only supports Spurs because of Son, and you're salty because Kane is our best player, despite Son being world-class.
Hmmm
I thought Kane was shit in the beginning when he couldn’t make it at Millwall

A few years ago I thought he was world class

Now I think he’s just below world class

I stand for my opinions you see
Nothing to hide here, wrong or right, my views are never agenda based.
What I see on the pitch is what counts, as it should for everyone.

Well done for digging that up.

Shall I dig up all the posts from all the years I actually believed Kane was world class now?

Last edited:

You saying “he’s better” doesn’t make it true, it’s just your view.
There’s others who think he’s better than Henry. As I said, I don’t have “world class level 1-5”

You’re either world class or not, in my opinion and I’ve told you what I base that on.

I did answer your question, extensively.
Right now? Last week, yeah he was one of the best.....the week before v Fulham he was one of the worst.

You see where I’m going?

Last edited:
How anyone can prop up complete crap like Dier and then whine about Kane ?
If Dier plays shit, does that mean if Kane plays shit I can only mention Dier?

Is that genuinely how you go about life?
I’m genuinely embarrassed for some of you

Dier has been poor and rightfully dropped.
So, sooooo easy for me to say.

How, in your little world, should that affect my opinion of Harry Kane?

If Dier plays shit, does that mean if Kane plays shit I can only mention Dier?

Is that genuinely how you go about life?
I’m genuinely embarrassed for some of you

Dier has been poor and rightfully dropped.
So, sooooo easy for me to say.

How, in your little world, should that affect my opinion of Harry Kane?
Youve always rated Dier . Anyone with a brain should see just how bad he is.

World Class is quite hard to judge, I use the rule of ‘would he get into any other team in the world’

To be honest I can’t see a team that wouldn’t have Kane, maybe Bayern with Lewandowski.

He’d get into any team on the planet in my view, hence = world class

Youve always rated Dier . Anyone with a brain should see just how bad he is.
I don’t rate Dier as just below world class though.
I rate him as someone who brought something to our midfield and was ravaged by blood poisoning that could have killed him but came back, tried his hardest and never hid.

He’s an average player, who was once very good, but has been shit recently and rightly dropped.

Once again.....can you explain why my thoughts on Dier should mean I should pretend I think Kane is world class and has never been off form?

Aren’t you embarrassed?

World Class is quite hard to judge, I use the rule of ‘would he get into any other team in the world’

To be honest I can’t see a team that wouldn’t have Kane, maybe Bayern with Lewandowski.

He’d get into any team on the planet in my view
He’d also see the bench in those teams for long spells when poor

I don’t rate Dier as just below world class though.
I rate him as someone who brought something to our midfield and was ravaged by blood poisoning that could have killed him but came back, tried his hardest and never hid.

He’s an average player, who was once very good, but has been shit recently and rightly dropped.

Once again.....can you explain why my thoughts on Dier should mean I should pretend I think Kane is world class and has never been off form?

Aren’t you embarrassed?
No embarassment here. It is embarassing to sing praises of Dier and whine about Kane. Really shameful.

Hmmm
I thought Kane was shit in the beginning when he couldn’t make it at Millwall

A few years ago I thought he was world class

Now I think he’s just below world class

I stand for my opinions you see
Nothing to hide here, wrong or right, my views are never agenda based.
What I see on the pitch is what counts, as it should for everyone.

Well done for digging that up.

Shall I dig up all the posts from all the years I actually believed Kane was world class now?

Everyone would have had doubts about him at the beginning. But seriously, he's just below world-class? Give your head a wobble. Everything about him is world-class, his ability and his mentality.

Right now? Last week, yeah he was one of the best.....the week before v Fulham he was one of the worst.

You see where I’m going?
Where are you going?

Obviously no player is good in every match... so the best way to analyse a player is by looking at all of his performances?
And we have stats to do that, ie goals per game. Furthermore anyone who can understand football can see that beyond goals per game, his passing is phenomenal.

He’d also see the bench in those teams for long spells when poor
If he’s playing badly yes, I agree with you that he isn’t dropped enough when out of form, which gives him a sense of being bigger than the club

But at the same time even on an off day he can smash one in from 30 yards, so understand why he is played through bad form

No embarassment here. It is embarassing to sing praises of Dier and whine about Kane. Really shameful.
Ive sung Kane’s praises when he’s played well in this very debate.
Ive criticised Dier in this very discussion with you.

Can you explain why me liking Dier as an average player but rightfully thinking he’s been dropped for being shit should affect how I rate Harry Kane?

Ive asked you three times.

Do you think that because I can praise and criticise both Dier and Kane that is wrong, and I should only praise Kane regardless of performances and only criticise Dier regardless of performances?

Doesn’t that embarrass you? Thinking like that?

True he had a few poor games this year where his finishing wasn't as good as it usually is but now he seems back to his best.

And mate good on you for just being able to say that.

I know I want Kane to be off the charts good.

Of course it would be even harder to keep him but equally it would nearly definitely mean he left us with trophies in his trail.

Back
Top Bottom