Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck me the BBC can't help themselves can they:
What does winning the Golden Boot mean for a player?
In short - kudos, prestige and the opportunity to further your career at one of the biggest clubs in world football.

World Cup 2018: Why the Golden Boot fits for England's Harry Kane

To be fair to the author, 4 of the 5 previous golden boot winners moved clubs either that season or the following season. The only exception is Muller who has only played for Bayern, who certainly had the opportunity to move but chose not to do so.

Looking at the transfer history of all top-scorers since 1986 (because I already wasted too much time looking at this), golden boot winners who had already changed clubs in the year or two previous were much more likely to make a big money move. Whereas, those who had stayed close to home and/or had only been loaned out didn't make a move.

To be fair to the author, 4 of the 5 previous golden boot winners moved clubs either that season or the following season. The only exception is Muller who has only played for Bayern, who certainly had the opportunity to move but chose not to do so.

Looking at the transfer history of all top-scorers since 1986 (because I already wasted too much time looking at this), golden boot winners who had already changed clubs in the year or two previous were much more likely to make a big money move. Whereas, those who had stayed close to home and/or had only been loaned out didn't make a move.

Yeah but why not point out your better analysis in the article, that some don't move. I mean the golden boot winner is always going to be in demand and Kane was already excellent so could move to any club in the world - if he chose to - but he just signed a huge contract, and has shown no hint at wanting to leave etc. so why don't they point that out? They have an agenda cause they are all fans of other clubs, that's why in my view.

In fairness to the author, Kane has already moved from Spurs half a dozen times already, so of course he's going to leave again, just a month after signing a new deal.

DhQUdIGW4AIkhoC.jpg

I've seen somewhere that he's had 6 shots on target all tournament, meaning that he's scored from everyone of them. His goal from open play against Panama was 4yrs out.

At the start of the Columbia game he'd had 6 shots in the tournament and scored 5 goals.

Think that's now 6 goals from 9 shots.

Back
Top Bottom