Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure from what I am reading that this is a career threatening injury but almost certainly it will impact negatively from here on in.

He simply has to write the season and indeed the Euros off and it has to be hoped he returns to some sort of fitness in time for next season to try and get back sooner would be folly.

Will Levy sanction a purchase ? The trouble is as much about who would be available alongside how much is available .

I think it's safe to say we need beefing up in that department now. Piatek, Osimeh, Werner, blood Parrott perhaps, Dembele at Lyon, Mertens, Cavani if he hasn't already joined Atletico etc are there any others who could come in? Shame really as Zlatan would have been perfect for the next few months.
I think Piatek happens this month to be honest. Eriksen will be shifted for about the same cost. Parrott will be getting bloodied in the cup ties.

I think it's safe to say we need beefing up in that department now. Piatek, Osimeh, Werner, blood Parrott perhaps, Dembele at Lyon, Mertens, Cavani if he hasn't already joined Atletico etc are there any others who could come in? Shame really as Zlatan would have been perfect for the next few months.
Whatever we chose to do next should be with an eye on the long term. Whether we brought in Messi or backed Parrott now it's a doubt whoever comes in will set the world on fire.

Like Bardi tweeted you just know that he is going to rush back so he can play every game in England's euro campaign. Then his knee will explode in the first league game of the season.

I'd take that hands down to be honest. Piatek had a very impressive scoring record last season from what I remember, for the rumours £25m it's surely worth a punt.
That amount in January for a striker who could lead the line for the next 5 months and then be a legitimate rotation option behind Kane next year seems like a no brainer.

Theoretically we have all the Dybala money to spend.

Piatek would be smart especially at the price banded about.

Let Parrott be understudy and give him minutes off the bench. Then send him out on loan the next two seasons.

APRIL APRIL FFS

FUUUCK MEEEEEEEE
ss.png

Like Bardi tweeted you just know that he is going to rush back so he can play every game in England's euro campaign. Then his knee will explode in the first league game of the season.
He'll be back for the FA Cup semi-final on April 18th - that's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.

Not sure from what I am reading that this is a career threatening injury but almost certainly it will impact negatively from here on in.

He simply has to write the season and indeed the Euros off and it has to be hoped he returns to some sort of fitness in time for next season to try and get back sooner would be folly.

Will Levy sanction a purchase ? The trouble is as much about who would be available alongside how much is available .
Doesn't seem the sort to forego the euros, unfortunately. Probably coming back in August exhausted from rehab+Euros and potentially (highly likely given his history) reinjured.

We need to be very blunt in our pursuit of transfer candidates - Kane is out for the rest of the season, and is often injured, you will be given every opportunity to seize the job.

At a normal club.

We are mental and this has been coming.

I am so disgusted and all this rubbish about not getting another striker because they wouldn't play is more sh!t.

We play lots of games, need quality options and someone to push Kane.

Now we may be forced to look for a striker that selling clubs know we need.

It's simply pathetic.

As a club, every single time we get close we do ALL the wrong things.

Now we have no identity whatsoever.

Kane is a super player but Pochettino allowed himself to get obsessed by him and as a club we have contributed to the bloke's loss of physical edge.

Of course I go back to my post.

What the fcuk did people expect???

All this talk of another striker not being willing to sit on the bench.

Wake the fcuk up FFS, this injury to Kane is as much down to Pochettino and Levy as it is to any fragility in Kane's body.

This club is undergoing the rudest wake-up call that you could imagine and it's mostly our own doing.

A club comes before any player and I knew the world under Pochettino had gone mad when last season Kane was brought on when we were winning that FA cup tie. Worse was some twats on here thought it okay.

Well if we don't learn the lessons of Kane's enforced absence this time we never ever will.

Club is a disgrace.

Back
Top Bottom