Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't know about Kane, but I do know your moms deepest, darkest wishes.
Good One Reaction GIF

Levy meeting with them makes me less certain than I was 24 hours ago that he’d be playing for us next season. If meetings are taking place then I’m afraid it could be the beginning of the end. If it is to be the case then we need Bayern to pony up asap so we can get a replacement in.

Any sale has to include us having first option to buy back though.

My take is that Levy is negotiating as good a price as possible in case of a sale. But he is also trying to convince Kane to sign a new deal if possible. And a decision will be made after the pre-season tour when Kane has gotten a feel for Ange.

That just seems like the most reasonable approach given Harry's contract.

Would you lose a bit of professional respect for Kane if he went to the bundesliga to win a few participation titles? You would respect him for going to united to try and win a league for the first time in a decade.
Bayern might go far in the champions league but it’s not likely they would win one. A strange move considering he would have his pick in 12 months.
But 80 million is a hell of a deal for us plus 80 million saved on wages and signing on fee.

Would you lose a bit of professional respect for Kane if he went to the bundesliga to win a few participation titles? You would respect him for going to united to try and win a league for the first time in a decade.
Bayern might go far in the champions league but it’s not likely they would win one. A strange move considering he would have his pick in 12 months.
But 80 million is a hell of a deal for us plus 80 million saved on wages and signing on fee.
I would have zero respect for Kane if he went to United. I would not respect a move to any Premier League team to be honest.

If he has to move I do prefer him moving abroad.

My take is that Levy is negotiating as good a price as possible in case of a sale. But he is also trying to convince Kane to sign a new deal if possible. And a decision will be made after the pre-season tour when Kane has gotten a feel for Ange.

That just seems like the most reasonable approach given Harry's contract.
If 400k per week is true, he will sign new contract. That’s too much money, almost double his salary now. I don’t think Bayern can give him that.

If 400k per week is true, he will sign new contract. That’s too much money, almost double his salary now. I don’t think Bayern can give him that.
Yeah. Given the money that we are reported to offer it is going to come down to Harry's decision I think. He'll get pre-season to build a rapport with Ange and then he can say if he wants to stay or not. And then the club knows what they have to work with.

is the lad Vlahovic are juve any good?, looks like he could be brought in with some of stage Kane money and on the same wages that kane is on now.
Cost neutral would give levy a boner!

Yeah. Given the money that we are reported to offer it is going to come down to Harry's decision I think. He'll get pre-season to build a rapport with Ange and then he can say if he wants to stay or not. And then the club knows what they have to work with.
The massive problem with this approach is that the manager (and rest of the team) need time with anyone that is brought in. As of now, time has begun to run down for those relationships and style of play to bed in.

I'm not sure that any option was a great one - telling Kane to bugger off already wouldn't have gone down well with anyone.

So really just need to hope that Kane decides that this is a manager and team that he wants to work with, or at the very least that hanging about for another season means that worst case scenario is is free to go to another English team at the end of the season and not have to move to another country.

Back
Top Bottom