Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All these arguments about not wanting him in another Prem club's shirt, is winning with Bayern a worthy achievement, money now or later, etc.

My main thought - I want to watch the guy play in a Spurs shirt for as long as possible.

To be honest none of us know our plans well enough. If there was a detailed plan to use let’s say £90m additional in a really intelligent way then it probably would be for the best but our scouting history more suggests we would just spunk the money around poorly.
I feel like as long as we don’t try and replace Kane exactly, we could be ok. For example, don’t buy Vlahovic.

At some point, we’re simply going to have to give Richarlison a go, and this might the season who try. We spent big on him. It is what it is. Son can cover the position too.

If Kane leaves, is there a really exiting wide left player that we can bring in to help produce the sort of remorseless press that Ange wants to install?

Hazard was 100m + 20m in add-on's. None of which have been paid.

It's dumb but Hazard was an exciting flair player, they tend to go for more. Kane is more Lewandowski than Hazard, and he went for 40. 80m+ add ons or something approaching that given the extra context of we're (rightly) desperate not to let him go to a domestic team would look fair. 100m+ easily if we're looking at domestic clubs.

We're a club with limited funds and a 80m asset disappearing without us getting a penny should scare people a bit. I get the logic from both sides of the argument but the people arguing keep are relying a lot on a questionable top 4/5 bid to make up the shortfall.

Whether they have been paid or not is besides the point, I mean that was the deal they agreed on at the end of the day.

Is there an absolute guarantee that Kane leaves on a free in a year's time as well? However unlikely it may seem the guy might turn around and decide to re-sign, football is weird like that sometimes, it's unpredictable and a year is a long time in football.

There is no right answer as to whether we should sell now or gamble because there's perfectly legit arguments but that offer is way too low IMO

All these arguments about not wanting him in another Prem club's shirt, is winning with Bayern a worthy achievement, money now or later, etc.

My main thought - I want to watch the guy play in a Spurs shirt for as long as possible.
There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s perfectly understandable.

It’s just recognising the realities of what that extra year means.

I feel like as long as we don’t try and replace Kane exactly, we could be ok. For example, don’t buy Vlahovic.

At some point, we’re simply going to have to give Richarlison a go, and this might the season who try. We spent big on him. It is what it is. Son can cover the position too.

If Kane leaves, is there a really exiting wide left player that we can bring in to help produce the sort of remorseless press that Ange wants to install?

If Richarlison and Son are the strikers options fine. That means we need a LWF like Barnes or someone better and that money should leave us with 2 elite CB’s and top midfielder as well as the pot should be big enough particularly if the likes of Hojbjerg and some others ar evening sold.

Whether they have been paid or not is besides the point, I mean that was the deal they agreed on at the end of the day.

Is there an absolute guarantee that Kane leaves on a free in a year's time as well? However unlikely it may seem the guy might turn around and decide to re-sign, football is weird like that sometimes, it's unpredictable and a year is a long time in football.

There is no right answer as to whether we should sell now or gamble because there's perfectly legit arguments but that offer is way too low IMO

The current offer is definitely too low and should be rejected. I'm a bit on the fence but 80m + reasonable add on's which would take it to 100 would be tough to turn down, I think. That's a couple of very good footballers to come in to the first team this season, if we can get scouting right.

But I get where Billy Bob mate Billy Bob mate is coming from as I love watching Kane and want to see him here as much as possible.

The current offer is definitely too low and should be rejected. I'm a bit on the fence but 80m + reasonable add on's which would take it to 100 would be tough to turn down, I think. That's a couple of very good footballers to come in to the first team this season, if we can get scouting right.

But I get where Billy Bob mate Billy Bob mate is coming from as I love watching Kane and want to see him here as much as possible.

Hmm any affordable players you have in mind?

If we keep Kane, have a good window and Poste does well and we come top 5 (next season 5 clubs go into CL) that is £100m more for us which covers his loss above selling him for £70m.

In the inflated market £70m is a massive lowball for such a rare elite player. It would also signal Levy has gone weak. If the bids start hitting £90-100m then there is a decision to make but even then it would require the club to know exactly how to use the money to strength the squad properly. Has to be more targeted than the Bale money spending.
But it’s a big IF to finish top 5 even with Kane. Using expected value with the numbers you provided (+100m for CL qualification), we’d need to have a 70% chance of top 5 to break even. And that’s assuming we have a 0% without him, which it definitely isn’t.

I assume we are at 30-40% tops.

Sell Kane and replace him with Rafael Leao, that would be acceptable, think Milan's value is around €100m as well.

Hmm any affordable players you have in mind?

Not a clue, would hope Ange & whatever scouting setup we have at the moment are more clued up. I'd be all over an Olise or Eze though, or making a pointless attempt at Caicedo. I don't know who is realistically gettable.

But you'd hope that with 80-100m burning a hole in the club's pocket, we'd add at least 1-2 players who add something to the team. End of the day its probably about 90% likely that we'll eventually have to answer these questions a season later anyway, just with less money.

Vlahovic could be a great replacement. I wouldn't go for him right now tbh, but he's in line for a big improvement on an injury plagued season if he can get a move or sorts out his issues with Allegri.

I wonder is Kane hoping for a big offer from us to re-sign.
It makes no sense from a financial point of view for him to leave now. He misses out on a huge signing fee that he would command next season.
Any top team will give him north of 30 million just to sign. Bayerns highest earning player gets 400k in euro so he won’t get more than that, the German league is dogshite, where is the challenge in helping Bayern to win a 12th or 13th league in a row.
The only winner if he goes to Munich now is levy, he gets 80million and saves 30 million in a signing fee next season. That’s 110 million to spend on other players.
30 goals is a huge hole to fill but realistically Richarlison could get 15 so we need 15 more goals from other areas. I don’t want to see Kane go but if he does so be it, other clubs have done the same and were better for it, may be better for ange to implement his style without having an undroppable player in his 11 too.

I think he’s just desperate to move at this point, and he knows he won’t be allowed to go to another English team, so he’ll take the next best thing. A European giant. I think if it was anyone but Real Madrid, if he had an actual choice he’d stay in England and join United or City over Bayern. Have a shot at winning the PL and get the all time scoring record. But the last thing he can do at his age is sit still for another year, so Bayern vs Spurs is no contest, because at his age, anything can happen in 12 months. He could pick up a serious injury, and then where would he be? 31 at the end of the season, no contract and coming back from something like an ACL. Would he get such a massive deal? I doubt it. Why take the risk? Bayern is a very good option, but I doubt it’s his optimal outcome.

So long as this doesn't drag on like CityGate, then Im okay.

If it's Munich, and he has his heart set on moving, then get the best deal and move on.
Can't see Levy allowing him to go to a rival for free, so it's either Munich or put pen to paper on a new deal.

As much as I like Harry, this chatter needs to be muted.

Back
Top Bottom