Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even he must know he's fucking dogshit at taking them. It's embarrassing at this point.

At this rate, If you're an opponent, you might aswell just concede a foul within shooting distance.

How do we all feel when he goes to united and wins trophies?

Sad. He was a player we could have built a trophy winning team around. Absolute monster player. Don’t blame him leaving although his brother lowballing us to City did piss me off.

On the other hand he does deserve success. Also if he wins trophies at the expense of Woolwich, City, Liverpool and Chelsea it will be funny.

Rumours are United will go for Kane and if Qatar buys them Mbappe as well. Imagine a front 3 of Rashford, Kane and Mbappe with Casimero and Rice/De Jong in behind. United could be brutal next season, Real Madrid/Bayern level brutal.

Good for him. I can't blame anyone ambitious from wanting to get out of this club.
...which is why we should have let him go 2 seasons ago...on our terms whereas now it's because our hands are forced. And the only thing him staying did was further enrich ENIC/DL as the sufferball had very little entertainment value for the fans. I guess he got the record so that's cool...but individual.

If Kane did go this summer?

How long until we see another player of his level again at Spurs?

Let's face it, ENIC will never drop the 100m+ on one player that it costs to sign established world-class strikers so will need to hope one of the punts on younger players comes off. If you look at their attempts to sign top talents, they are genuinely awful at it.
I'm sure we'll have somebody with his talent level for us in the next 10 years. We had Bale and Modric, after all. As for having someone of his level who is club born and bred though, it'll be easily 50 or 100 years. Being English, Spurs and undisputably World Class makes him truly a rare talent. If he'd came up through Barca's youth system and played his whole career there for example, he'd probably be talked about in the same vein as Messi and CR7.

I'm sure we'll have somebody with his talent level for us in the next 10 years. We had Bale and Modric, after all. As for having someone of his level who is club born and bred though, it'll be easily 50 or 100 years. Being English, Spurs and undisputably World Class makes him truly a rare talent. If he'd came up through Barca's youth system and played his whole career there for example, he'd probably be talked about in the same vein as Messi and CR7.
Levy took it for granted, wasted it and rinsed for a stadium

We're gonna be a world of pain without him next season.

Wonder how Eric Dier, Ben Davies, Sanchez etc. feel knowing that he's essentially saying "I'm leaving because of you" and knowing that he's completely justified.

We're gonna be a world of pain without him next season.

Wonder how Eric Dier, Ben Davies, Sanchez etc. feel knowing that he's essentially saying "I'm leaving because of you" and knowing that he's completely justified.
Davies is one of a handful who can hold their head up amidst the din. Been at the club for almost 10 years alongside Harry, never spoken ill of the club or behaved like a primadonna, performed serviceably and occasionally very well as a squad member, and seems like a genuinely nice fella with passion for the club.

Not sure why he keeps getting lumped in with the dross.

Davies is one of a handful who can hold their head up amidst the din. Been at the club for almost 10 years alongside Harry, never spoken ill of the club or behaved like a primadonna, performed serviceably and occasionally very well as a squad member, and seems like a genuinely nice fella with passion for the club.

You're right, I can't really hate Davies. He should have been a backup and he never pretended to be anything more.

However, it's still true that he's one of a number of players who have been here for years without able to deliver the quality to justify Kane staying. Unlike say Eriksen, Romero or Lloris.

Fair post, if anything he is more of a sympthom than a problem.

Back
Top Bottom