Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the Balon dor thread you think the highest goal scorer should get the award, still waiting for your answer to my question there BTW.
What does that have anything to do with Son being world class or not?

But to address you question.... It's not just the fact that Lewa scored significantly more goals. It's the fact that he was +9 goals above his xG as well. He was scored the most goals plus scored goals that were of high quality/difficulty meaning he was adding significant incremental value to his team.

What does that have anything to do with Son being world class or not?

But to address you question.... It's not just the fact that Lewa scored significantly more goals. It's the fact that he was +9 goals above his xG as well. He was scored the most goals plus scored goals that were of high quality/difficulty meaning he was adding significant incremental value to his team.
xG is a load of bollocks. That has already been established.

You actually watch football?

I do when the point made was that it's a fallacy when someone praises Lewandowski as much as possible for very often scoring what he's expected to score, but criticises Kane for effectively the same thing.
Lewandowski was +9 goals above his xG last season in the Bundesliga.

Kane was also +9 during his peak around 5 years ago but now he's -1 goals under his xG over his last 18 months.

A player is only as good as his last 12-18 months unless they can prove that they can turn it around.

Not really, I’m apparently a troll for second guessing Kane yet here you are boasting about doing just that way before me…..

As I said, perhaps basic logic isn’t a strongpoint
No, you're not a troll for your opinions on Kane on their own, you're a troll for being a contrarian all over this forum.

Outed as a Chav/spammer long ago yet here you still are. Oh well...

Lewandowski was +9 goals above his xG last season in the Bundesliga.

Kane was also +9 during his peak around 5 years ago but now he's -1 goals under his xG over his last 18 months.

A player is only as good as his last 12-18 months unless they can prove that they can turn it around.

Last season yeah. This season he's below (You keep bringing up Kane being below this season, so hey ho) and across his career he's had 4 seasons below xG in total.

Like, are we actually going to pretend Kane was poor last season? If so I'm out, thanks, just a ridiculous premise for an argument. You can say he wasn't as amazing as others think (although, still above xG, with a good handful of assists .. it's still a fucking brilliant season, in the best league in the world) but bad? If we judge Kane off the last 18 months, it's mostly very positive.

He's been poor for the start of THIS season. If you're that short sighted, then Lewandowski is a bad finisher THIS SEASON. Okay?

Outed as a Chav/spammer long ago yet here you still are. Oh well...
Which one was it?
“Outed……” but you can’t decide which one

What’s contrarian about my views?
You actually believe that the forum is a single entity and then me on the outside? Really?
Sorry, I’ve got some bad news for you. Here’s a clue, right now, you’re arguing against three people who share the same view, and I’m one of them.

The last time someone tried calling me out, I posted this quite below…of course they ran away, so now your feeling all brave, read the list and tell me EXACTLY what parts you agree or disagree with……because from where I’m sitting, you must be Chelsea/West Ham too then

I cant stand Winks, Doherty, Dier, Davies, and want them sold.
I have zero feelings for Lo Celso and Bergwijn in terms of what they offer and couldn’t care less if they’re sold.

I think Reggie is pretty crap but willing to give him a bash under Conte
Really like Romero and Royale, feel Gil is a bit lightweight but there’s more to come.

I think Ndombele could be amazing and pray Conte gets it out of him.
Like Skipp a lot, think Hojberg is meh but like his attitude, really like Son

Wanted Nuno sacked in the end, over the moon with Conte.

Fairly sure that fits in more or less with the thinking of most Spurs fans.

But have a different opinion on Kane and that makes me a contrarian troll?

Try and man up for once, and address this, I know it’s difficult when you lack conviction and your opinions float whichever way the breeze is blowing, but give it a go.

Try and man up for once, and address this, I know it’s difficult when you lack conviction and your opinions float whichever way the breeze is blowing, but give it a go.
Address what Sammytroll? A post you made to someone else? What has that post got to do with me?

My opinions float? I was questioning both Kane and Dele (for example) long before you and your little disciple.

You're a joke. Plenty see it (or rather don't) - https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/members/?key=most_ignored

While it may make some threads hard to read, I'm about to add you to my list too. Sod off back to your own club's forum.

I'll not see your reply.

Last season yeah. This season he's below (You keep bringing up Kane being below this season, so hey ho) and across his career he's had 4 seasons below xG in total.
Sure Lewa might be below his xG thus far this season but he's +8 goals above his xG since the start of last season. +8 over the last 18 months is still elite and significantly better than Kane's -1.

Like, are we actually going to pretend Kane was poor last season? If so I'm out, thanks, just a ridiculous premise for an argument. You can say he wasn't as amazing as others think (although, still above xG, with a good handful of assists .. it's still a fucking brilliant season, in the best league in the world) but bad? If we judge Kane off the last 18 months, it's mostly very positive.
Over the past 18 months, taken as a whole, he's been doing slightly less than expected relative to what he was supposed to have done from a goal scoring perspective.

As far as playmaking, he's been solid, with around 9 xAssists since the start of last season.

Overall, I'd give him a 6.5/10 for his efforts over the last 18 months which is not close to being world class at all.

That said, the big problem is that he's progressively getting worse and worse physically. And it's really showing now. Losing the ball 23 times to Mura when you're clearly trying is just shocking.

4th ranked league in world football where only one top team plays.
I think we should stop making these Kane vs Lewa comparisons... it's quite frankly embarrassing at this point.

If you want to keep making arguments about xyz league being worse than the PL, why don't we just stick to Spurs players:

Since the Start of the 20/21 Season

Son

20 non penalty goals
Shots: 94
Goals Above xG: +6.6

Kane
20 non penalty goals
Shots: 162
Goals Under xG: -1

So your logic is that Son isn't world class or elite but Kane is.

But Kane took 68 more shots to score the same amount of goals as Son.
Oh and Son / Bale both had +5 goals above their xG last season while Kane had a measly +0.8

:harrylol:

4th ranked league in world football where only one top team plays.
You talk about it being a one team league while bizarrely dismissing Dortmund and the fact that we get beaten by teams like Mura.
My question is that so you actually think that Lewandoski has ten times better technique than Kane because of the league?

You think Villa and Burnley and Nowrich are a massive cut above Leverkusen and Wolfsberg etc?

Because while Lewandoski is doing it against whoever is put in front of him, Kane isn’t.

So your logic is that Son isn't world class or elite but Kane is.

Why are you making up stuff I've said? LMAO

And it's you who brought up Lewa originally, to try and portray him as some masterful striker, and I've pointed out clearly to you he's had seasons in his career where he's been off according to xG, including one now where he has more goals than games played. So maybe not that meaningful?

Back
Top Bottom