Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hypothetically speaking, Newcastle winning the lotto and making a bid just increases the interest from other teams more than anything.
He'd likely rather stay at Spurs than go there now. Even if they were the richest club in the world, they won't win much/anything for 2 years while they sort their shit out.

Hypothetically speaking, Newcastle winning the lotto and making a bid just increases the interest from other teams more than anything.
He'd likely rather stay at Spurs than go there now. Even if they were the richest club in the world, they won't win much/anything for 2 years while they sort their shit out.

Maybe but it could also work the other way. City had or at least wrongly in my view felt they had leverage over Levy because of their strength of squad and what they could instantly offer Kane, hence the derisory bids and totally failure on City and Kane’s part.

Newcastle however will probably want to make a name for themselves instantly. Kane the best English striker of this generation would be a statement they where building something so honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if £160m bids comes in at the end of the season.

Maybe but it could also work the other way. City had or at least wrongly in my view felt they had leverage over Levy because of their strength of squad and what they could instantly offer Kane, hence the derisory bids and totally failure on City and Kane’s part.

Newcastle however will probably want to make a name for themselves instantly. Kane the best English striker of this generation would be a statement they where building something so honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if £160m bids comes in at the end of the season.

It won't. FFP is no obstacle to City or PSG at this point, but to a new kid on the block it presents an initial problem. They will need to take some time to invent revenue streams and slowly build the squad up, they aren't throwing 160 mill at a single player yet.

It won't. FFP is no obstacle to City or PSG at this point, but to a new kid on the block it presents an initial problem. They will need to take some time to invent revenue streams and slowly build the squad up, they aren't throwing 160 mill at a single player yet.

FFP is easily bypassable if you play your cads right.
For example, you have 3 years to balance the books. It's what PSG did after pissing £200m away on Neymar.
Then there's the totally fictional fees these clubs sell their deadwood for. £50m for Oscar? £40m Abrahams?
Throw in a random new company sponsoring the shirt for a trillion quid a year, who just so happens to be owned by the same people that own the club...

For example, you have 3 years to balance the books. It's what PSG did after pissing £200m away on Neymar.
Then there's the totally fictional fees these clubs sell their deadwood for. £50m for Oscar? £40m Abrahams?
Throw in a random new company sponsoring the shirt for a trillion quid a year, who just so happens to be owned by the same people that own the club...

Oh they'll be able to do it for sure. I just don't think it'll happen this summer, or perhaps even next. It'll be a trickle of decent level players at first to slowly raise the clubs profile, then they'll bring the hammer down on mahoosive signings when they feel they can attract them + its more believable that they have the big sponsors coming in.

But Kane won't risk the last 2 or 3 seasons of his peak hoping Newcastle become a force. Despite what Levy thinks, Kane has all the power. He choses whether he leaves and who to. Nothing Levy can do or say can force him to go to a club he has no interest in. And I'd be gobsmacked if he went to Newcastle.
He could stay at Spurs, wait 2 years for a the new wealthiest club in the world to snort up all the talent and get a good coach and then just go there on a free when they're ready to start winning things.

But Kane won't risk the last 2 or 3 seasons of his peak hoping Newcastle become a force. Despite what Levy thinks, Kane has all the power. He choses whether he leaves and who to. Nothing Levy can do or say can force him to go to a club he has no interest in. And I'd be gobsmacked if he went to Newcastle.
He could stay at Spurs, wait 2 years for a the new wealthiest club in the world to snort up all the talent and get a good coach and then just go there on a free when they're ready to start winning things.

It'll take longer than that....... Remind your self of whom City spent (wasted) a fortune on to begin with..... Sean Wright Phillips, Roque Santa Cruz, Craig Bellamy, Jo, Robhino, Wayne Bridge etc. etc.

What happens when he wins both golden boot and top assists in the premier league?
He gets rewarded by fake interest from City and a 75 million + add ons offer while Jill Grealish and Lukaku gets 100 million no questions asked

And the narrative from Spurs fans will be: Kane passes to himself and scores and Kane passes to invisible ghosts that enable him to get assists

Last edited:
Saudi Aramco (the national oil company) and Saudia (the national airline) will probably be the new shirt and stadium sponsors. They can throw as much money in as they like.

Back
Top Bottom