Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have a lot more issues than a striker, to give us a chance of top 4. I believe potch will get is there eventually, but he has got a lot of work to do with this lot, and i think he knows it.

You could be describing Sheringham there, and he did alright...

Then again the game's changed from 20 years ago so not sure if he'd do as well nowadays?

Trying to rack my brain and think of a current Sheringham-esque player who delivers at the highest level..
Hmm.. I can see the comparison but when you see Harry in the flesh you appreciate what a big unit he is. I think Teddy was perhaps a little more mobile? Agree though he certainly had a very good career so maybe...
:townhmm:

You need pace up there, but you don't need to from every single player. I think Kane has shows that he can do a really good job for us by being smart and a threat in the box.

During yesterdays match I heard the commentators praise Townsend for the work he'd put in this summer. During his stay in Brazil, he bought his own PT, and trained really hard every day.

Watching Kane made me question if he'd do that? I think it would do him a world of good, working hard on his agility, balance and lower body strength. Three times yesterday, if not more, he went down too easily with no free kick awarded. On one of thm it seemed dive'ish (which he needs to remove from his game), but on the two others it just seemed he lacked the lower body physicality.

Lacking pace can be ok, but not if you're not strong enough to stay on your feet while trying to hold on to the ball or dribble.

I'm sorry, the fact is Kane is a championship player. The club is wasting it's time persisting with him. The problem is that both Soldaldo and Ade are pretty second rate as well. If want any chance of top four next season a striker has to be bought.

Captain optimistic as ever.

What is it like living in a a world that is just so shit?

Teddy was a way better player than Kane. His aerial ability was far superior, and he had better all round technique. Teddy would prosper in today's Prem no problem, an absolutely outstanding striker. His partnership with Klinsmann was a joy to behold, as was his link up with Shearer in Euro 96. Teddy helped Man U win the treble, don't see Kane doing anything like that.

I like Kane BTW, just to be clear:thumbup:

Interesting - so you deny cunting him off right ahead of cunting him off some more. You don't have the courage to stand by your opinions and accept criticism from others for them, you just deny cunting him off, then repeat. What a sad, pathetic individual you are - Simmo - I think you'd be better off supporting Woolwich or Chelsea - they seem more suitable to your personality. Now jog on, there's a good lad.

You fucking melt, rose tinted twats like you are what make up the scum and Chelski wanker element more than most. Oh look I can swear at people too.
It is an element of his game in which I have seen several examples of very poor execution, a comment sparked by seeing it again yesterday. If you want to happy-clap that he's young and English and we shouldn't highlight any weaknesses whatsoever then you're a twat who will always be happy regardless. Ignorance is bliss so you must be pretty content.
I've read plenty, far more negative, sweeping statements about Kane here and elsewhere so you must be really pissing your little pants over them.

although he doesn't seem bad at all, isn't he having a slow start to his career compared to some of the best.

that being said, Shearer started slow and didn't do too bad in the end. He was shit yesterday, but I think Poch was just experimenting. Kane is much like Adebayor in his play, and I think they work well much better as a pair of target men than Soldado, who seems to operate better with wingers (Lamela/Townsend/Lennon).

I think Poch just needs to find the best way to get Harry working like he did under Sherwood at the back end of last season

It's not his balance/agility that is the issue. It was his first touch under pressure, it caused him to get the ball stuck under his feet and then had to stagger to keep it in his stride.
But it's not a regular occurrence, possibly just a bad day at the office.

You fucking melt, rose tinted twats like you are what make up the scum and Chelski wanker element more than most. Oh look I can swear at people too.
It is an element of his game in which I have seen several examples of very poor execution, a comment sparked by seeing it again yesterday. If you want to happy-clap that he's young and English and we shouldn't highlight any weaknesses whatsoever then you're a twat who will always be happy regardless. Ignorance is bliss so you must be pretty content.
I've read plenty, far more negative, sweeping statements about Kane here and elsewhere so you must be really pissing your little pants over them.

Ha - you call someone with the forum name "Oh FFS" Rose tinted? You clearly have the mental capability of the average goat if you think that I am Rose tinted because I defended a young developing player from your crap.

I tell you what - you keep on running your Harry Kane is Shit and can't finish campaign and I'll just leave you alone - but don't ever think you are a Spurs supporter - you aren't. You a miserable, overly critical bag of wind. Criticising a seasoned and developed professional is one thing - targeting one of our up and comers is something else.

I will say no more on the matter with you.

Now go play with your Woolwich and Chelsea friends and take your pretentious, self-loving "I-know-more-about-football-than-you" attitude with you.

Ha - you call someone with the forum name "Oh FFS" Rose tinted? You clearly have the mental capability of the average goat if you think that I am Rose tinted because I defended a young developing player from your crap.

I tell you what - you keep on running your Harry Kane is Shit and can't finish campaign and I'll just leave you alone - but don't ever think you are a Spurs supporter - you aren't. You a miserable, overly critical bag of wind. Criticising a seasoned and developed professional is one thing - targeting one of our up and comers is something else.

I will say no more on the matter with you.

Now go play with your Woolwich and Chelsea friends and take your pretentious, self-loving "I-know-more-about-football-than-you" attitude with you.

I said he was shit at one-on-ones from what I've seen on a few occasions - that is hardly a campaign. You started the 'cunting off' and 'prick' histrionics and then with your 'you're not a fan' scum comments. Now spouting more drivel as if calling you a twat has anything to do with claiming superior football knowledge.
Go and wank over Kane or, fight with one of the many people that are simply saying Kane is shit full stop. I'm just saying he's shit at one on ones (so far).

We need to change the way we play Kane, he needs to be more than a target man. Supporters generaly like him which seems to be the consensus on here?
In football, if you have a lack of pace you tend to develope your football brain, technicle ability and your reading of the game. Slow players like Cantona, Le Tessier or Sheringham were masters at it. They would allow the game to on in front of them, sit behind read the play and find space. When they did get involved they made quick decisions before they lost that space. Kane needs to learn because I do not believe it wil be natural for him to be a clever player.

He has got an 'air of the Crouch' about him though...
...and Robert from Guess Who? of course!
vlcsnap-2011-04-22-00h30m57s48.png
2079771.jpg

I think the lad is raw quality, bit rough around the edges and needs to work at his weaknesses and he has a few, but show me a current Spurs player that hasn't got weaknesses. He definitely plays better when there are 2 upfront. He's only played 6 or so Pl games for us and netted 3 so I think that deserves an extended run in the first team.

If his name had been Harriano Kanealdo and he was from some Latin American country we would probably be signing him for £20m plus

He's a 21 year old homegrown local lad that has Spurs running through his veins unlike some who have pulled on the Spurs jersey. For me one of the pleasures of watching Spurs is seeing the development of OUR kids and that will only happen if they are given the chances and our supporters get behind them.

I thought he was great from a team aspect. He won a penalty (not given) and was a pain in the arse all half.

Putting Harry in there with Townsend doing his best Defoe impression, Soldado losing the ball constantly and fluffing his shooting etc wasn't ideal. He wasn't getting much help. Holtby etc had ran out of gas.

I thought he was great from a team aspect. He won a penalty (not given) and was a pain in the arse all half.

Putting Harry in there with Townsend doing his best Defoe impression, Soldado losing the ball constantly and fluffing his shooting etc wasn't ideal. He wasn't getting much help. Holtby etc had ran out of gas.
u wot m8?
Townsend was beating players and putting in good crosses. Ask anyone at the game and they'll tell you Townsend was good and Kane was shit. He kept falling over. It's fair enough if you have your favourites but you have to be objective.
He made a good chance for Soldado who missed, similarly to last season where Soldado/Paulinho missed a few sitters when Townsend put it on a plate. And then people moan Townsend doesn't have enough assists...

I'm not convinced that he will make it for us, although just because he is so Spurs I'd love to be wrong. For me, he lacks a certain something that will take him up to the next level.

Back
Top Bottom