Gylfi Sigurðsson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well taken those goals. I hope he continues to work hard, the lad has something, we'll see if we will see that at Spurs!

Siggy has been alot better than he was at the start of the season.......which didnt take much effort to be honest.

I think he is weak, and he lacks the skill or footballing intelligence to compensate his lack of strength.
Wenger claimed Modric was too weak for the PL when we signed him.....that turned out to be laughable, and not because Modric is strong, but because he avoids players. He is always in space, and if he does get closed down, he has the skills to dribble his way out.

Siggy will run at the player rather than play the intelligent pass, and the games he cant find space, he is totally anonymous.

He's a step down from Niko for me.

We need to get him in a central position.More lethal there.

I think that him and Bale need to be a bit more fluid in their play, Bale moved to the middle because he was getting marked out of things on the left, well inevitably that is happening centrally too now. He needs to drift, and move around more. Siggy has shown how dangerous he can be cutting in from the left, he's capable of doing it more centrally too. This is a role I could see Holtby in too.

I think that him and Bale need to be a bit more fluid in their play, Bale moved to the middle because he was getting marked out of things on the left, well inevitably that is happening centrally too now. He needs to drift, and move around more. Siggy has shown how dangerous he can be cutting in from the left, he's capable of doing it more centrally too. This is a role I could see Holtby in too.

Totally agree. The best thing about Bale playing through the middle initially was that it was preventing him from being predictable, now he's just fallen into a new niche. He needs a free and varied role to get the most out of him.

no he hasn't.
all he has shown is that if you give him enough time on the pitch he can be around for tap in goals.

farcical analysis based on virtually no evidence to support it.

That's not fair at all.

He's put in a LOT of great shots. Some of the saves that have been made on his shots confound belief. He's looked MUCH better on the left since Bale moved in.

no he hasn't.
all he has shown is that if you give him enough time on the pitch he can be around for tap in goals.

farcical analysis based on virtually no evidence to support it.

Au Contraire

You seem to have a very limited knowledge of young Gylfi's skill set. Which is understandable, but if you open your eyes, your mind might follow. Here is some evidence to help you along with you comprehension.

This particular show reel of Siggurdsons skills highlights his ability to cut in from the left numerous times, as well as his ability to create on the right side of the pitch. He has a very capable right foot, and as you can see he scores several free kicks too.

Hardly tap ins.

And just a warning everyone the music is terrible, you might want to mute it. :avbshit:

You need more evidence?

hear you go..

He even scores an absolute belter against Tottenham. Music isn't as bad on this one. :bae:

Still he has shown time and again what he is capable of. Like I said in my previous post, him and Bale need to work a little harder at finding space and being more fluid on the pitch, switch around move across the pitch and they will both find the space they need.

Hmmm, think he's played best for us as part of the 3 behind a striker playing from the left. The fact that he is versatile helps him stay in the squad and is definitely an asset for us.

Agree with Buckler, he's played much better cutting in from the left. He's been very unlucky as well, hitting the woodwork and that.

Not sure who's better between Siggy and Niko, but Niko was defo a fans favorite.

Surprised anyone is slagging Gylfi at the moment as, IMO, he's been one of our best performers over the last few games.

Genuinely impressed with his workrate on the left, which I wasn't sure he had in him, and of course his crossing and general "final ball" delivery have always been decent. Think he's a genuine threat, and has probably forced himself into our best XI (for now).

Think he'll score and create more as he gets more games, but he's certainly not a van der Vaart-esque number 10, so if you judge him against those criteria, he will always come up short.

Back
Top Bottom