Grantland: Tottenham Season Preview

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here in the States, we have access to a relatively insightful sports website entitled Grantland, associated with ESPN's main site. Every now and then, they feature some pieces on the Premier League, including this one on Spurs. Here is the link to the story:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...-tottenham-hotspurs-daring-rebuilding-project

i

PREMIER LEAGUE
The Outsiders: Understanding Tottenham Hotspur's Daring Rebuilding Project
By Mike L. Goodman on September 4, 2013 3:00 PM ET

"Soccer is a world of haves and have-nots. The richest teams in the world, by and large, are also the most successful. For the Real Madrids, Manchester Citys, and Chelseas, the summer transfer window has become a time for almost ritualistic restocking of talent, whether the team needs it or not. For the rest of the world, talented players are living on borrowed time. There are only so many years before the big boys with deep pockets come calling."

______

It's interesting to get an American perspective on Tottenham, despite some neglect in the article for the likes of Hugo Lloris, Aaron Lennon, and Paulinho. Never mind the fact they didn't bother to post a prediction on Tottenham's finish (I'm confident in 3rd, if you ask me).

Perhaps this could be a thread for season previews we come across on Spurs?

:vert:

Good read - interesting to see how they view Spurs as a transgressive team on the up with plenty of options. Would be interesting to see whether that's a favourable comparison, since the author flits back and forth on it...

I really like grantland he does some great articles,i have the flipboard app on my phone and if you add the ESPN news feed to it you normally get a few of his articles

Back
Top Bottom