Good article on soccer in USA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on guys. Let's leave Jayc1 Jayc1 alone now. We've made our point. He's either gotten it and can't admit he is wrong, or he's never going to get it. He's revealed his true nature, which is valuable in itself.

And Jay, America gave the world Jazz and the Blues. Mark Twain and Ralph Waldo Emerson. Jackson Pollock and Frank Lloyd Wright. Aurthur Miller and Leonard Bernstien. Hip hop and blue jeans. Breaking Bad and Thomas Edison. Now, I am going to go to bed.

jackson_pop_corn.gif

I don't like most English people either. What's your point? As I've repeatedly said. I don't tend to like Americans. This is not due to the fact they're American.

Where may I find transformers 13? I referenced a book by a South American author...not sure what you mean...you've come across as anti-american...if that's your case then own it. It was surely not mindless on my part to reference a South American author/noble prize winner and a popular us writer.

I don't give a shit who you referenced.

I said 4 things. Mary Shelly, Nietzsche, Cathedral, Mozart. Which one of those implies I love only English things and I hate everything else? You made an accusation. Follow it up, quote me with which bits of that specific post hinted that I'm an anglophile?

Otherwise, admit you were wrong.

I never claimed to harbor "ill feelings" to anyone. I said "I have a lack of love for Americans" or some such. Where does that imply I hate/wish ill/dislike/despise/juju curse them? I don't love my bin man. Does that mean I harbour him ill feelings? No.

I don't give a shit who you referenced.

I said 4 things. Mary Shelly, Nietzsche, Cathedral, Mozart. Which one of those implies I love only English things and I hate everything else? You made an accusation. Follow it up, quote me with which bits of that specific post hinted that I'm an anglophile?

Otherwise, admit you were wrong.
Ok, I'm wrong. My apologies.

Come on guys. Let's leave Jayc1 Jayc1 alone now. We've made our point. He's either gotten it and can't admit he is wrong, or he's never going to get it. He's revealed his true nature, which is valuable in itself.

And Jay, America gave the world Jazz and the Blues. Mark Twain and Ralph Waldo Emerson. Jackson Pollock and Frank Lloyd Wright. Aurthur Miller and Leonard Bernstien. Hip hop and blue jeans. Breaking Bad and Thomas Edison. Now, I am going to go to bed.

Don't pussy out now. You've claimed I'm a racist, ranted for hours and even now you're still saying I'm "Wrong". Please, do, carry on the witch hunt, it's really changing my mind about how religiously cultist and extreme you are.

There is nothing extreme or "wrong" about my viewpoint. I've said I don't like American society; I find it loud, in your face, barbaric, materialistic and simple. I've met a few Americans. I've not liked them, for one reason or another. I don't harbor ill feelings on them and I don't hold it against anyone for being American. You've not changed my mind, you're another American I've met and not liked. Which bit of that view is extreme, racist, make me an anglophile or wrong?

That's an impossible contradiction

No, it isn't. If you meet Germans and you don't like them, it may be because they're annoying, because they smell, because they give you a funny looks. It's not necessarily because they're German, personality traits then come into play.

Come on guys, don't stop now. I was hoping we could get to 10 pages of cunting someone off for their opinion, mindlessly accusing them of racism, taking things they say out of context or not even bothering to read what I say half the time.

Just a reminder, there's been 8 pages of bitching because I said:

The biggest, the loudest, the best, the longest, the first...very little character or culture to be found in pride and a dollar sign...I have a complete lack of love for America, Americans and American culture in general

This caused you to go apeshit and fanatical. You've really changed my mind, reminding me how tactile and diplomatic Americans can be when they need to be, I now fully embrace your culture :adethumbup:

Only person who came out of this well was BrooklynYid BrooklynYid , who tried to calm the situation down. I expect Joe Clash Joe Clash to be a cunt and no doubt we will go back to our normal love in tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom