Going to WHL and need advice

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was hoping to get some input on this.

The missus has cleared me for a journey to White Hart Lane. Holy shit! :avbdamn: My window this season is May, so I am looking at either Southampton or the final home game against Sunderland. I've got a bronze international membership, and I am trying to figure out a few things.....

My best friend and his family live in London and I'll be staying with him. His first daughter is my god daughter and I was hoping to bring her along to the match.

So first question is, is the last game of the season a tight affair tickets wise no matter who is playing? Could be decisive for CL, but in general is this a ticket that's tough?

Second question, I have a bronze membership and was wondering how hard it is to get a guest ticket seated next to your ticket? If the two seats are close, do people swap around once at the ground?

Neither card is top class but the last match of the season could be awesome if it is determining CL, doesn't the team do a walk around after the match? Priority would be first just to get a ticket, second to get one for my god daughter, and if possible my mate (although he is a ManU supporter, his quip when I told him about the match possibilities, "Well you guys will be battling relegation so either team would probably be fun to watch." oh har)

Final question, and I realize this may be silly, but if it's hopeless to bring my god daughter along, then I'd want the rowdiest fucking section of the Lane if such a thing exists, and go solo. So what section numbers tend to bring the noise?

I'm giving this a 75% chance of happening. Holy shit. :dawson: :brad: :vert: :harrywtf: :pav: :keane: :gazza2: :avbscream:

:vdvshh:
Thanks in advance.

" If the two seats are close, do people swap around once at the ground?"
When me and my girlfriend went someone switched seats with her so we could sit together. I might be going around that time so maybe we will be going to the same game :harryhmm:

In park lane it doesn't matter if you're in the right seat, I probably stand in front the seat Im supposed to about 60-70% of the time. I'm not sure about in the Paxton/east stand further along though.

I think the last game and first game of a season is more in demand, generally, yeah. Still don't envisage you not being able to get tickets though.

If you're not bringing your goddaughter, get a ticket for park lane or the shelf.

I've gone over twice this year, both times had to buy through general sale and it wasn't too bad baring in mind they were both category C games. The first time there was a seat in the middle between me and my girlfriend but we didn't even have to ask the guy, he offered to move before I had a chance. The second time I got the two seats together. But both times I had a great view sat in the Shelf and then the Park Lane.

Best of luck anyway, hope it all sorts out for you, getting to see WHL for the first time after so many years was a humbling experience for me and I'm sure you'll enjoy it all the same!

Anywhere in the Park Lane (south stand) Lower tier, where I always go is by far the rowdiest area of the ground, anywhere in blocks 32-35. Be prepared to stand for the majority of the game.

Cheapest tickets as well, you still get brilliant view of the action.

Your best bet rather than trying to get a guest ticket is to ask someone to let you use their Bronze membership number. Meet them at pub before game, give them some kind of deposit for their entrance card, then meet them again after the game to give them their card back, or if it's last game of season you can post it. I'd definitely go for Park Lane lower, although the language might be a little unsavoury for your goddaughter!

Southampton game will definitely be easier to get tickets for than the Sunderland game, though either way you should still manage it.

Definitely Park Lane. 35 if you wanna abuse the away fans throughout, but any block in the lower is good. Also, 31 in the Shelf.

Thanks for the input. Seems I will be ok for tickets at either match. Just have stay up late on the days of sale. Think there are any sections where it would be hard to get two tickets?

Or you could try and contact the club directly and explain you are coming from overseas, I'm sure someone else on here did it like this. Give them plenty of lead time and I'm sure they'll do their best.

Second question, I have a bronze membership and was wondering how hard it is to get a guest ticket seated next to your ticket? If the two seats are close, do people swap around once at the ground?

Think the club is running a junior promotion so you can book your non-member god daughters ticket (assuming she's under 16) at the same time as yours.
Can't remember the exact details but you need to do it in advance. Have a look on the club website.

Think the club is running a junior promotion so you can book your non-member god daughters ticket (assuming she's under 16) at the same time as yours.
Can't remember the exact details but you need to do it in advance. Have a look on the club website.

Thanks Rocky. Just looked this up. Looks like you can apply ahead of time for junior ticket along with your ticket, it's for a "family section" in the North Stand. Doesn't sound too rocking, although I guess I'm in denial. :avbshit:

Might stick with just rolling the dice. Just don't know which are good sections that would be relatively available by the time the member guest and guest dates open up. Don't want to pick a section that completely fills up by the next week, then I'm kind of screwed.

Nevill_H, messaged you back. Thanks again for the offer.

All that said, at least I'll be there. It's definitely on.

Paxton Lower (Family Stand) has more atmosphere than Shelf Upper/Park Lane Upper.
Thanks Ramsingh. Maybe what I'll do is get the family section tickets and then try and get my mate a ticket over in Shelf 31, and then at the half we can switch and I can go over to Shelf 31 area for second half.

Which leads me to the question, can you switch around like that at WHL or are you stuck?

Thanks again for the help/advice.

Thanks Ramsingh. Maybe what I'll do is get the family section tickets and then try and get my mate a ticket over in Shelf 31, and then at the half we can switch and I can go over to Shelf 31 area for second half.

Which leads me to the question, can you switch around like that at WHL or are you stuck?

Thanks again for the help/advice.

Like a pig..........

There is no moving between stands.

Back
Top Bottom