Glenn Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hoddle was the first manager to be utterly fucked over by ENIC.

weird thing yesterday......... I was in Cardiff in 2002 v Blackburn. Until yesterday I never saw any of the game back on TV, it was a bad memory. However, as I said elsewhere I boycotted Sunday’s final, so yesterday in my misty eyed gloom I actually skimmed through the 2002 final on YouTube.

We played much much better in 2002 that I remember. A few sitters missed by Sir Les and nailed on penalty for Teddy late in the game. Brad MOTM for Blackburn.

I suspect based on what I read that we actually played much better in 2002 than we did in 2021. It’s a funny old game is football, 19 years later we are getting one shot on target in the final of the same competition.

Hoddle deserved so much more from Spurs when he was manager.

In the commentary for the chavs game, he kept saying Modric's name as Modrik instead of Modrich. Gettin on my nervers.

Oh, if that was the only example of Glen mangling the English language to bits. If only!

I love listening to Hoddle, not only for his insight, but also for the inevitable bloopers.

Just heard on Tk-Spt that Glen's got a new single out for the Euros.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lucky for you I can't find it anywhere.

I like trying to predict in what minute he'll say "(sitting in) that little pocket"
Probably mentioned this before, but in the good old days when Trevor 'Y'know I mean' Brooking was on TV a lot we had a great family game of predicting how many times he would say 'Y'know' and 'I mean'. He actually pared it down to virtual vestigial grunts, so you had to have your wits about you.

See how many you can spot in this interview. Warning - there are some highly camouflaged ones:

For 'A' Level students, here is a 24-minute one. I'll give you a starter, the very first thing he says is 'Y'know':

Interviewed to Israeli TV today.

-Said he thinks Kane will leave
-City to win the title
-Henry was the greatest player in the PL followed by Scholes
-Most disappointing aspect of his career was not winning the league with Spurs
-The 61 double side was great but it became an "arch-enemy" for future sides casting a big shadow and mental barrier.

He looked like he was on the post-LSD trip phase so idk.

Back
Top Bottom