Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Locelso revisionism is stunning he has been shit, crap for probably 95% of his time at the club. Picking up wages under completely bogus circumstances.Just like Ndombele, iffy commitment flashes of
talent undermined by long stretches of near invisibility. Now he's made a solid and good contribution to TWO whole matches he some how vindicated he isn't! He has to keep effecting games big games, goals and assists little man ( the cunting off of the Norwegian was also 👌by the way). But there's folk here going way to early on he's always been brilliant! WTF bogus narrative or what! like Ndombele our third record signing has been a massive let down. Fans did not just get up and hate them( LOL I told my gooner ex boss he was going to be better than Kevin D B!!!!) I was buzzing when Crocket and Tubbs signed well Tubbs is making out with a bucket of Rocky road somewhere in Anatolia and Crocket at last seems like he has flickered to life, till Maddison returns I hope to God he keeps going....but we've been here before. Our fan base is just odd. They Locelso and Ndombele wrote their stories we didn't just decide to shit on them we invest huge belife in these two :here's the joke James Maddison I DID DISLIKE!! But in the empirical evidence of the blokes genius week after week like any sane person I got down the club shop got his shirt and went to the Tattoo parlour ( love you James). That's how being a fan works not the Ndombele Locelso way round

The Locelso revisionism is stunning he has been shit, crap for probably 95% of his time at the club. Picking up wages under completely bogus circumstances.Just like Ndombele, iffy commitment flashes of
talent undermined by long stretches of near invisibility. Now he's made a solid and good contribution to TWO whole matches he some how vindicated he isn't! He has to keep effecting games big games, goals and assists little man ( the cunting off of the Norwegian was also 👌by the way). But there's folk here going way to early on he's always been brilliant! WTF bogus narrative or what! like Ndombele our third record signing has been a massive let down. Fans did not just get up and hate them( LOL I told my gooner ex boss he was going to be better than Kevin D B!!!!) I was buzzing when Crocket and Tubbs signed well Tubbs is making out with a bucket of Rocky road somewhere in Anatolia and Crocket at last seems like he has flickered to life, till Maddison returns I hope to God he keeps going....but we've been here before. Our fan base is just odd. They Locelso and Ndombele wrote their stories we didn't just decide to shit on them we invest huge belife in these two :here's the joke James Maddison I DID DISLIKE!! But in the empirical evidence of the blokes genius week after week like any sane person I got down the club shop got his shirt and went to the Tattoo parlour ( love you James). That's how being a fan works not the Ndombele Locelso way round
Comparing LoCelso to Ndombele is a joke.

LoCelso has never (1) been overweight, (2) disrespected the team and fans by slowly strolling off the pitch when we were losing late in a FA Cup game or (3) been a passenger on the defense (Gio is a good presser and works hard on defense).

Gio has had major issues with fitness and with managers who didn’t value his pressing or his creativity. Jose, Nuno and especially Cvnte wanted a PEH not a LoCelso - Cvnte is rumored to have turned down a chance to sign Madders ffs. Also LoCelso has done well during his loan spells - away from our last 3 terrorist football/park the bus cvnt managers.

Tanguy by contrast is just f’in lazy and has disappointed in everyone of his loan spells - not for lack of talent but lack of effort. The fallout in Turkey being particularly pathetic. Start putting Gio in the same catagory as Tanguy when Gio is overweight and gets caught munching on burgers against team instructions.

Last edited:

LoCelso has never (1) been overweight, (2) disrespected the team and fans by slowly strolling off the pitch when we were losing late in a FA Cup game or (3) been a passenger on the defense (Gio is a good presser and works hard on defense).

Gio has had major issues with fitness and with managers who didn’t value his pressing or his creativity. Jose, Nuno and especially Cvnte wanted a PEH not a LoCelso - Cvnte is rumored to have turned down a chance to sign Madders ffs. Also LoCelso has done well during his loan spells - away from our last 3 terrorist football/park the bus cvnt managers.

Tanguy by contrast is just f’in lazy and has disappointed in everyone of his loan spells - not for lack of talent but lack of effort. The fallout in Turkey being particularly pathetic. Start putting Gio in the same catagory as Tanguy when Gio is overweight and gets caught munching on burgers against team instructions.

Let's not re-write history..... He has been shocking a lot of the time..... Against some pretty weak teams too (domestic cups, Conference League and Europa League).

Agree he’s been shit in his time here but he’s also getting to play a progressive style for the first time in his spurs career instead of garbage conte/Mourinho ball.

He’s been good in the last 2 games and we should be happy with that. I don’t think anyone is expecting him to turn into modric.

Gio has also done decently in his loans and internationally, whereas ndombele has basically been a disaster. It’s clear to see lo celso still has a career and ndombele is finished at this level.

Agree he’s been shit in his time here but he’s also getting to play a progressive style for the first time in his spurs career instead of garbage conte/Mourinho ball.

He’s been good in the last 2 games and we should be happy with that. I don’t think anyone is expecting him to turn into modric.

Gio has also done decently in his loans and internationally, whereas ndombele has basically been a disaster. It’s clear to see lo celso still has a career and ndombele is finished at this level.

Actually a good point to be fair, he was bought for Poch to play in an attacking system, since he got sacked he's been played in a defensive system, he's been largely shit but I don't think that's all on him, plus the club has been a direction
-less mess in that time as well.

Not sure there is any "I told you so" but there is a case to be made that fans shouldn't write players off so quickly.

Lo Celso is an example of how badly our strategy was at the club. Bought for Pochettino, he then had to play under Jose, Nuno and Conte, he looks like a fish out of water in defensive minded teams, he is suited to teams that like to play with the ball so I don’t think it is surprising he is now doing well.

The first issue is entirely on the club, the second issue is Lo Celso himself, he has had a very injury marked career with us and is useless to us even now if he now fits the club with Ange as manager if he ends up on the treatment table all the time.

If he is able to maintain fitness over the next 1-2 months then clearly his career with us will have changed direction.

But it really goes to show how important it is to have a football/recruitment vision at the club. If we sack Ange and get defensive manager (don’t think we will) half our squad goes in the bin and we have to do another rebuild.

Lo Celso is an example of how badly our strategy was at the club. Bought for Pochettino, he then had to play under Jose, Nuno and Conte, he looks like a fish out of water in defensive minded teams, he is suited to teams that like to play with the ball so I don’t think it is surprising he is now doing well.

The first issue is entirely on the club, the second issue is Lo Celso himself, he has had a very injury marked career with us and is useless to us even now if he now fits the club with Ange as manager if he ends up on the treatment table all the time.

If he is able to maintain fitness over the next 1-2 months then clearly his career with us will have changed direction.

But it really goes to show how important it is to have a football/recruitment vision at the club. If we sack Ange and get defensive manager (don’t think we will) half our squad goes in the bin and we have to do another rebuild.

Exactly

I told you he wasn't completely shit. There was, and is, a player there. Maybe inconsistent, moody or whatever but I know what I saw when I watched him play for Villareal.

He's physically fragile, and is terrible finisher, but he's no Ndombele either, he will tackle his own nan for the ball, he's Argentinian ffs.

Told You So Comedy GIF by NETFLIX

No it's not a joke. They have both been massive mistakes thus far. They are both midfield players and are among our most expensive buys in history. Your whataboutery in comparison to the king of the waste man is not doing Locelso any favours. Okays he is the Prince of wasters. Is that better? His issues fitness issues can be used in mitigation only so far. He has been a lousey buy just like the French men the only difference is he has an eleventh hour opportunity to redeem himself, which I hope he does because I support SPURS, I'm not some demented Jonas Brothers BlackPink fan. I hope he becomes what I've so mercilessly been Trolled over, better than Kevin Debruyne . But he has a long way to go today as it stands. Bonus I think makes the best point( might be Tommo) regard the coaches and strategy used not suiting the player but I also hear his glee club say he had his best period under Jose , so which is it. I'm delighted he has shown up. I mean I'm still pulling for Gil and was one of tge mugs hoping 'Fatty fatty fat fat' would come good under Ange. Were Spurs fans we live in a perpetual state of hope against reality, the idea that we are hard on our players is rubbish, if anything we are TOO SOFT.

Last edited:
I was a massive fan of his when he was our only player actually performing for a period under Mourinho, thought he battled hard, had some quality and made things happen. Then came a long period of injury issues, motivation issues, system issues etc.

I thought we would not see him properly for Spurs again, but this last couple performances gives him a bit of a lifeline. I am tentative to get too sucked in to the hope, because of his patchy past with us, but I'm always happy to see Spurs players perform so let's hope he can really push on now. Would be a real bonus to have him motivated and playing at a decent level for Spurs again.

Back
Top Bottom