Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We all would. Most players are not going to suddenly become useful after 4 years of doing nothing in the PL.
He didn't play for the last two years in the PL so that's more than a bit misleading. He did reach the semi-final of the CL with Villarreal and won the Copa America with Argentina, but he's no Oliver Skipp right?

Recency bias he's been good in some preseason friendlies and there's talk about intrest from other clubs so he must be great. Nah. He lacks the physicality to really do it in the EPL. I hope I'm wrong I want us to be fantastic but let's see what he looks like against Brentford luckily the window will still be open.

Recency bias he's been good in some preseason friendlies and there's talk about intrest from other clubs so he must be great. Nah. He lacks the physicality to really do it in the EPL. I hope I'm wrong I want us to be fantastic but let's see what he looks like against Brentford luckily the window will still be open.

I think he did struggle with it but also put a few strong stretches in. Even managed to look decent for Jose at times.

He looks like he's physically different these days. Hitting his peak at 27. More robust... let's see.

I see no reason to throw additional vitriol at a player who has generally been a waste of space since he joined, time enough for that in the coming games and even then I will restrict my comments to subjective constructive criticism.

The fault lies at his doorstep alone, barring a couple (too few) of sterling performances his contribution has generally been piss poor and making excuses like "the manager didn't use him correctly" or "the system doesn't suit him" is nothing more than straw clutching.

It's not simply a matter of ability alone, anyone with 20-20 vision can determine whether or not a player is putting the effort and in the past Gio has given the impression he can't be bothered. All these fanciful notions about him being sought after and being (he's not all that fast) chased by other clubs are nothing more than click bait, a point proven by the fact he's been out on loan longer than he's played for us and yet there are still no takers?

My mind is made about him given the length of time he's been here but it can be changed very easily if the 'new different' Gio shows I was wrong about him on the field of play for a sustained period.....so go on GLC do your damnedest!

I see no reason to throw additional vitriol at a player who has generally been a waste of space since he joined, time enough for that in the coming games and even then I will restrict my comments to subjective constructive criticism.

The fault lies at his doorstep alone, barring a couple (too few) of sterling performances his contribution has generally been piss poor and making excuses like "the manager didn't use him correctly" or "the system doesn't suit him" is nothing more than straw clutching.

It's not simply a matter of ability alone, anyone with 20-20 vision can determine whether or not a player is putting the effort and in the past Gio has given the impression he can't be bothered. All these fanciful notions about him being sought after and being (he's not all that fast) chased by other clubs are nothing more than click bait, a point proven by the fact he's been out on loan longer than he's played for us and yet there are still no takers?

My mind is made about him given the length of time he's been here but it can be changed very easily if the 'new different' Gio shows I was wrong about him on the field of play for a sustained period.....so go on GLC do your damnedest!
Really?

The whole of the football team looked as though they couldn't be bothered to put the effort in last season.

What we have had for the last 4 years, could be described as nothing less than a shambles. I really honest don't care how players played over the last 4 years.

We had the wrong managers, playing the wrong systems, playing soul destroying football prescribed by outdated negative defence minded dinosaurs.

However, what I have seen over the last 2 pre-season matches, Lo Celso, clearly can have a role play and was linking up very well... Infact it's suited all of our players very well.

Just need those quality CB's

What a fantastic little player he is. Just a shame Levy spent years on his ego project of Mourinho and Conte of out negative outdated football.

When we had a team full of players that thrive on flowing attacking football.

Lo Celso in the last two pre-season friendlies has been fantastic.

Son ----- Richy ---- Porro

Maddison ----------------- Lo Celso
Bissouma

Destiny - Romero - New CB - Royale

I think that centre three (Bentancur is not fit to play yet and the Longterm effects of his injuries remains undecided, some players just never get back to their former greatness) and forward three would cause oppositions a nightmare to defend against.

Lo Celso has been playing some wonderful stuff and has really linked up the play really well and can see a cutting pass that forwards can run unto.

Love him, I think he will be like a new signing under Ange.

Pre fucking season. Every time.

He didn't play for the last two years in the PL so that's more than a bit misleading. He did reach the semi-final of the CL with Villarreal and won the Copa America with Argentina, but he's no Oliver Skipp right?

And I am sure that no mediocre players were part of that Villareal or Argentina squad.

GLC has scored a couple of tap ins, in 2 halves of football. And now you're acting like he's the second coming of Christ.

He's probably used up all his good form, and knowing him, minutes, before he goes MIA again.

Does he have the talent? Possibly. I'm not convinced.
Does he have the mentality? No.
Does he have the commitment to Spurs? No.
Does he have the durability to be generally always available? Absolutely not.

If we (people at the club, not people on here) decided he has a part to play, they're going to get let down.

Pre fucking season. Every time.
And?

It's good indicator of what the manager is trying to put across, how the players respond to the managers instructions and style, who is buying into his project.

I know full well from a certain perspective that friendlies are meaningless and take nothing from results. Just like Westham thinking they had one won the cup after beating us 3-2. The result meant the square-root of naff all to me. But what I saw on the footballing I was delighted to see and gave me some positives heading into the new season.

I was more interested in our style, how the players responded, was there a positive vibe, did the players look happy.

I mean, if you want to keep looking at things from only one perspective then go ahead, but for me there is more than one way to skin a cat.

But they want him on loan or for a really low transfer fee. What does that tell you?

Napoli took Ndombele on loan. How did that work out
It tells me they think they can shake us for more cheap players cause we have a bloated squad. They weren't willing to buy Ndombele, they only agreed to a loan, probably cause they could see his talent and hoped to turn him into a player, they're not the first to fall into that trap.

It tells me they think they can shake us for more cheap players cause we have a bloated squad. They weren't willing to buy Ndombele, they only agreed to a loan, probably cause they could see his talent and hoped to turn him into a player, they're not the first to fall into that trap.

The Italian champions want to sign Lo Celso on loan, but are on a different page from Spurs, who would demand an obligation to buy be added to any temporary arrangement.

According to Italian daily Corriere dello Sport (via CalcioNapoli24) Napoli’s hopes lie in Tottenham being convinced to sanction a loan with a substantial loan fee.

However, negotiations are not expected to be easy and are set to be prolonged.

Napoli may have to wait until much later in the transfer window to find an agreement with Tottenham for Lo Celso.

The Argentine is claimed to be open to joining the Italian champions if a deal can be struck with Spurs for his services.

loan with no obligation to buy. Piss take tbh

The Italian champions want to sign Lo Celso on loan, but are on a different page from Spurs, who would demand an obligation to buy be added to any temporary arrangement.

According to Italian daily Corriere dello Sport (via CalcioNapoli24) Napoli’s hopes lie in Tottenham being convinced to sanction a loan with a substantial loan fee.

However, negotiations are not expected to be easy and are set to be prolonged.

Napoli may have to wait until much later in the transfer window to find an agreement with Tottenham for Lo Celso.

The Argentine is claimed to be open to joining the Italian champions if a deal can be struck with Spurs for his services.

loan with no obligation to buy. Piss take tbh
Yeah, they just see us as a free player factory at this point.

Back
Top Bottom