Georginio Wijnaldum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He really impressed me in the World Cup, especially with his defensive hustle. Was just curious if he'd be a good fit for the squad or if you see no need for him?

Been a fan of him since I used him on FIFA 12 (lol). He is only 23 but has been playing at a pretty high level for awhile in the Dutch league. I can't comment to much more on him, I'll leave that to the Dutch reps.

Good player for sure. But if we're adding another midfielder, it really should be a natural passer. That's really the only type of midfielder we need.

Dutch rep here

He is not bad but not at the level spurs should aim for. He has been injured last season. Before that he was pretty decent. If chadli struggles to make it then he is not ready. Chadli was a top 5 player in dutch league. Wijnaldum is nowhere near that

I really hope Chadli comes thru for us, cant say I was overly impressed by his first season though :chadliwtf:

This guy seems to have been around forever, yet he's only 23. I'm sure he's been linked to all the big clubs before, when he was younger, but hasn't really progressed with it.

Thanks for the feed back guys. I've always been a fan of the Oranje so I was interested if any of the national team players would make sense for the club. I just enjoyed watching Wijnaldum play in the tournament and he had a pretty good game against Brazil, definitely a better effort than Paulinho (hard to tell he was even on the pitch). Anyhow I know the world cup is only a sample size and it's easy to get carried away with performances but I though Wijnaldum showed good form.

Back
Top Bottom