Gareth Needs Our Help

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How often do you actually watch La Liga, rather than buy into this 2 team league bullshit.
Interesting how 1 Spanish club has been knocked out of the CL as opposed to all 4 English clubs.

They must really be thrash.

More than I would like, Bein Sports airs the games all week long, and I typically watch EPL games live, so it gives me something to do during the week...although I wish I could get more access to Bundesliga. Man U shouldn't have gotten that red card...but there is no need to debate the past because you are right all English clubs are out. Man City was disgraceful and shouldn't have been out so soon. Woolwich is shit, we all know this and Chelsea didn't deliver...but the truth remains, on average, any of those teams are better than Malaga.

There is great talent on display in La Liga, and to call it "fucking garbage" is just incredibly stupid. You must have no appreciation for football if you think that. The Premier League isn't the be all and end all of everything, regardless of what fax saccer would like you to believe.

There is great talent on display in La Liga, and to call it "fucking garbage" is just incredibly stupid. You must have no appreciation for football if you think that. The Premier League isn't the be all and end all of everything, regardless of what fax saccer would like you to believe.

The great talent you speak of are individual players on otherwise mediocre teams. The league and Spanish football, in general, often mistakes talent for flair (similar to Brazilians), and while flair v. talent is not always the case, once you take a star player (ie. Mata) out of La Liga and into a better league you can actually judge a player's class...like Mata. Barca and Real, and sometimes Atletico Madrid, can look dangerous on attack but the majority of games I see, between mid table squads, are glorified games of footie. Which is why I think the league is not very good. Every league in every country has great talent on display, how the league's culture uses that talent is what separates a great league from a garbage league.

Also, this is the internet. Fucking garbage is the equivalent of saying "it is not as good as another", or "I do not enjoy this league and do not rate it"

No I'm not just speaking about individual players. Do you mean to tell me teams like Wigan, Stoke, QPR, West Ham etc etc.. play better football than the majority of Spanish teams? No I doubt it. As a league it is still competitive, and great games of football are on display every week.

I think you may need to step back and honestly look at the Premiership too, it's not this wonderful league with action packed game after game. There are plenty of dull encounters on a weekly basis.

And no, just no. Fucking garbage is the same as saying not as good? Please. Do you think Spurs are "fucking garbage" because we are not as good as Real Madrid?

Back
Top Bottom