Gareth Bale's Transfer Documents Leaked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We talk about Greaves, Ginola, Blanchflower, Gascoigne etc. as well. What's wrong with reminiscing about our greats?

I really don't get the vitriol Bale gets from some. He wanted to leave? Big whoop. It's fucking Real Madrid. It's a chance to win all of football's biggest trophies. Not like he came up through the system and was Spurs through and through. He was no Judas. Yea, he didn't go the best way about it but that doesn't over ride shit like West Ham away.

We were very lucky to have a player like Bale. As we've been very lucky to have many a great in our history.

Some of you need to stop being so butt-hurt.

That said, would I have him back? Probably not Real Madrid's version of him. The beauty of our current side is no one player dominates our play like Bale would need to be effective.

Also, dude's on 200k a week.

But a big fuck you to anyone judging people for reminiscing about the good times a player has had for us. The fuck is that about?
There is a difference between reminiscing and the continual dreaming and discussion over Bale coming back.

I personally think Bale is a coward. He took the easy way out. The path of least resistance. Instead of winning trophies and attaining glory at a place where it would have been tough (but entirely possible), he went to a place where any old passenger could win. He's a great, great player, but he could have been an absolute legend, a giant of the game, had he stayed here.

With that said, I don't really harbor any I'll feelings for the guy, because he did what 99% of footballers do. He's a faux glory hunting lemming.

Thanks, but I'll take a guy who loves the club and wants to build things here.
:kaneear:

Good player but he's gone. The only good thing about all this is that with the clause it makes it more likely that Bale would be sold to a French or German team than a perm team.

United bid 70 and it gets accepted they know we could step in and take over. Hopefully this will put off other English clubs going for him.

Not worried about him coming here or not but would be pissed off if he signed for United or Chelsea.

I personally think Bale is a coward. He took the easy way out. The path of least resistance. Instead of winning trophies and attaining glory at a place where it would have been tough (but entirely possible), he went to a place where any old passenger could win. He's a great, great player, but he could have been an absolute legend, a giant of the game, had he stayed here.

With that said, I don't really harbor any I'll feelings for the guy, because he did what 99% of footballers do. He's a faux glory hunting lemming.

Yeah I know what you mean he went to Real Madrid and won the the CL but they do that every week.. Amirite

Check records last time the won it was 2002

He was great player for us and for RM end of discussion

:baletroll:

I personally think Bale is a coward. He took the easy way out. The path of least resistance. Instead of winning trophies and attaining glory at a place where it would have been tough (but entirely possible), he went to a place where any old passenger could win.
Can't agree with this line of thinking.

You could name hundreds upon hundreds of players as cowards with that logic.

Buffon should never have left Parma! Coward!
Rooney should never have left Everton! Coward!
Suarez should never have left Liverpool! Coward!
Neymar should never have left Santos! Coward!
Zidane should never have left Bordeaux! Coward!

Don't see how it's cowardly to go to a club and compete with Ronaldo, Benzema, James, Isco etc. for a starting spot, one he's made his own despite great competition.

I enjoy his success on the elite level, knowing we are what made him that. Same with Modric.

Gives me hope that when we get to where we want to go we'll have no problem creating such great players who can compete at the elite again. Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Harry Kane!

Don't see how it's cowardly to go to a club and compete with Ronaldo, Benzema, James, Isco etc. for a starting spot, one he's made his own despite great competition.

I enjoy his success on the elite level, knowing we are what made him that. Same with Modric.

Gives me hope that when we get to where we want to go we'll have no problem creating such great players who can compete at the elite again. Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Harry Kane!
Probably the absolute opposite of cowardly, he could have happily carried on here and played just above average and we'd have loved him for it. Instead he goes over there where he knows he will be under intense scrutiny on a daily basis. Fair play to him.

Nostradamus himself couldn't have predicted the difference in our club from the one Bale left to where we are now.

The main problem i can see coming from this leak is that it will give the Levy haters another stick to beat him with when Bale does end up signing for Utd or Chelsea in a couple of years. There will be nothing for him to hide behind.

There's a slim chance that it will work in our advantage because Levy may feel obliged to make it happen, knowing that its public knowledge that we are in the driving seat, BUT the player still has to agree to a move.

Also i seriously doubt we will be smashing our transfer record x 3 the year we move into our new stadium.

Of course I pray that you all get a chance to rub this cynical but, alas, realistic post into my gloriously happy face.

If Ronaldo leaves Madrid, Bale's qualities will shine. He is an exceptional player.
He also has a very tough head on him. The transfer wasn't ideal, but how could it ever be?
I will always have a romantic notion of the ideal Spurs player: genius, loyal, but a bit crazy.
But given the self-destructive tendencies that go with genius, I think Bale is a lucky man to have such ability, without the burden of it.

I don't disagree. It's obviously not just Bale. Like I said, 99% of footballers would do the exact same thing as him. Therefore, I don't really harbor ill will towards the guy. Maybe coward isn't the right word. It's more that I think he epitomizes the part of club football that doesn't match my values.

My complaint is not really towards Bale in particular. It's my one big complaint with club football. There is so little continuity and so little loyalty between players and clubs. With top players leaving at the first opportunity, it is very, very difficult to build something. It drives me nuts when fans (including our own) say that clubs should know their level. Or when people think it is a good thing to show "ambition" and jump from a club in order to play Champions League football. That is not ambition in my book. Ambition would be to work to get your club into the Champions League (or promoted to higher division, etc).

Frankly, it's why I think our current squad, from a neutral perspective, should be the most interesting and enjoyable group of players in the world right now. We are doing something amazing that should be impossible. Without some oil baron making it rain, we are on the verge of breaking through that glass ceiling---and not just for a season or two. I am hoping that Alli, Dier and Kane can see how this is a much greater accomplishment than going somewhere that is already at the top of the ladder.

I know that wages are a huge part of the reason players move. And I don't begrudge Bale or anyone else for trying to maximize their earnings. I just don't think there is anything remotely noble or ambitious about moving to a "bigger" club. And I'm going to fucking complain about it.
:wansum:

Nostradamus himself couldn't have predicted the difference in our club from the one Bale left to where we are now.

The main problem i can see coming from this leak is that it will give the Levy haters another stick to beat him with when Bale does end up signing for Utd or Chelsea in a couple of years. There will be nothing for him to hide behind.

There's a slim chance that it will work in our advantage because Levy may feel obliged to make it happen, knowing that its public knowledge that we are in the driving seat, BUT the player still has to agree to a move.

Also i seriously doubt we will be smashing our transfer record x 3 the year we move into our new stadium.

Of course I pray that you all get a chance to rub this cynical but, alas, realistic post into my gloriously happy face.
Wouldn't consider myself a Levy hater (although the cheap cunt owes us a striker or two). But I actually think Levy looks pretty good from this leak.

.....that Bale would be sold to a French or German team than a perm team.

United bid 70 and it gets accepted they know we could step in and take over. Hopefully this will put off other English clubs going for him.

Not worried about him coming here or not but would be pissed off if he signed for United or Chelsea.

That's good news then

The end of that season 2012/13, I was listening to Talksport, last weekend of the season. A Scum supporter telephone in and said 'we beat Tottenham to 4th spot and Bale is leaving - Job done' and laughed a sickening laugh. That moment has haunted me ever since and Ive wished that person a serious misfortune. Bale coming back and us being better than for years to come will be the only way I can exorcise the demons. Surely, theres no debate to be had whether we want him or not.

Yes I remember that

Almost as bad as the 'Judas' saga which seems like yesterday to me

:memeokay:

Back
Top Bottom