Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He should be starting at the weekend, totally different player to the guy who offered nothing and waddled about the pitch against Brighton in his last league start.

Starting to look like the player I was hoping we had re-signed.

Maybe its just taken him this long to get his fitness back again because the difference is night and day.

He has to be starting now. It's taken a while but he's looking like he's in the mood and wants to play. I don't care if he doesn't cover the full back he's a top class match winner and we need more quality in our first choice team right now.

He should be starting at the weekend, totally different player to the guy who offered nothing and waddled about the pitch against Brighton in his last league start.

Starting to look like the player I was hoping we had re-signed.

Maybe its just taken him this long to get his fitness back again because the difference is night and day.
This.

People are acting like prime Bale showed up in August and Jose just decided not to play him for some obscure reason.

It's taken him this long to get his body up to speed. He is finally ready to make an impact in the league.

Lets see what he can do in the run in.

That top 4 not against Burnley who won’t give us time on the ball. Probably need lamela cuntiness and his dribbling ability with close control. I’d have him ahead of Lucas for this but Lucas has done enough in the last few games and hard to drop. Have to keep faith with players when they are playing well rather than drop them for someone else. Players need want to earn and fight for their places.

This.

People are acting like prime Bale showed up in August and Jose just decided not to play him for some obscure reason.

It's taken him this long to get his body up to speed. He is finally ready to make an impact in the league.

Lets see what he can do in the run in.
He’s also playing up front and not stranded wide right - as we pack 11 behind the ball. Like Dele, he plays in the final third and offers little if anything in the middle

Be nice to see that front 4 start v Burnley but we all know that's a pipe dream..

There would be nothing nice about seeing Dele standing around frustrated giving the ball away to Burnley.

Son-Kane-Bale yes, big pass on Dele starting against Burnley. If we get Wolfsberger again or a team like them it would be great to have Dele play then.

None of Lucas/Lamela/Bergwijn would strike the ball like Bale did today.
Nothing against those 3 but Bale's technical ability is incredible
it reminded me a bit of Bale's last goal for us in a friendly before he went to Madrid, in the US I think? It wasn't an important goal but the way he struck it I remember admiring the technical ability and thinking how can we possibly hold on to a player who hits the ball like that, it's elite level. Well, not long after he went to Madrid. But he is back and he still has that insance technical ability. He looks ready now, I just hope that Jose realises his job is on the line and he has to let our team play to their strengths. Let Bale, and Kane and Son do what they do best. Yes, we will let in goals, but we are doing that anyway, at least we can outscore the opposition. Buy some defenders in the summer having finished the season as well as we can.

Back
Top Bottom