Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, Fulham and Chelsea are the clubs of the upper class of London? More or less, I mean.

Not as such, no...... The kind of wealth we're talking about it isn't really associated with the football clubs/culture. As such, historically they've not been particularly well supported clubs (also see QPR).

Of course, traditionally football is a work man's game too.

Woolwich, amidst their scummy history, are the original franchise club too so one could argue the rest of British football should hate them as well.

Last edited:
No moaning thus far. Been content to be on the bench. Knows he can and most play better and was fortunate not to be taken off at half-time when we played Antwerp.

But he responds in the right way and that alone is a good example to other players who are not in the first team at present.

Hopefully yesterday was the boost he needed although I never sense confidence is a problem for him..

Taken a while as expected, but that’s what Gareth bale does and that’s why we bought him to hopefully push this club to win trophies. Scoring winners like that when the team are not playing well is exactly what we want from him. World class players do this time and time again. Beautiful ball in by Reguilon and picked off perfectly by Gareth. Love it.

So I guess all the anglo world follow the PL, including Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, SouthAfrica... and in Europe all over Scandinavia, plus maybe all Africa and Asia... WOW. No wonder why that is the richest league again. I don't know how we managed to compete financially for some years.

The day of the Champions final in Madrid I went to an Irish pub full of Pool & Spurs fans and talked to lots of them (very drunk all of them) and I was amazed that lots of them had come from very far away countries like Australia, NZ, SA, USA, etc only for the game and they didn't even have a ticket so they watched in the pub!!

Real Madrid now a days also has fans all around the world too but it's kind of a new thing. Until Beckham and so on we were just spanish.
Don’t worry. I hated Real Madrid back then too

So happy for him. Magical moment and really looked like a number 9 when he directed that header in.

Madristas are ungrateful, ignorant twats for not appreciating Gaz properly.

Speaking of which, I remember back at the lane we were at home to Fulham in the cup, ended up winning 3 - 1 after going a goal down. GB9 was on the left and I was absolutely steaming pissed and sitting on the front row of the east lower. He came to get the ball for a throw in, I tried to pat him on the back, missed and fell over the hoarding. Happy days. Welcome home Gareth!

In a weird way maybe a narrow win on paper was better than thumping them in the sense that Bale got a late ish winner that got him off the mark and will do wonders for confidence.

In a weird way maybe a narrow win on paper was better than thumping them in the sense that Bale got a late ish winner that got him off the mark and will do wonders for confidence.
One cannot fault your logic old boy!
logical star trek GIF
logical star trek GIF

So happy for him. Magical moment and really looked like a number 9 when he directed that header in.

Madristas are ungrateful, ignorant twats for not appreciating Gaz properly.

Speaking of which, I remember back at the lane we were at home to Fulham in the cup, ended up winning 3 - 1 after going a goal down. GB9 was on the left and I was absolutely steaming pissed and sitting on the front row of the east lower. He came to get the ball for a throw in, I tried to pat him on the back, missed and fell over the hoarding. Happy days. Welcome home Gareth!
Not true. Ungrateful ignorant twats not appreciating Gaz is not true. Our media are always against our stars. Our biggest media are always against Real Madrid and against Spain. Our media are owned by catalans and far left wing NWO powerful groups that support separatists and want to make of Spain a confederal republic Yugoslavia-style within this next 3 years. We had a brutal civil war for that reason back in 1936-39 (1 million died) that the communists and separatists lost to the fascists.

So they treated Gareth awful from the first day he arrived, same as Mou or Cristiano. Our biggest assets are the worst treated by the Spanish big media. It is happening everywhere, NWO groups attack the european and western nations and their symbols. People love Gareth in Madrid, he's given us amazing performances, trophies, a lot of amazing iconic goals. Nobody has more iconic goals for Real Madrid than him, not even Cristiano or Di Stefano or Raúl or Zidane or Ronaldo, nobody. But his performance declined as you can also notice in Tottenham and people comment here too.

Don't blame us, most of us love him, that's why I'm here, I became his fan and follow him. I love how he plays, he's the most spectacular player we've ever seen at the Bernabéu.

Is he considered the best British player in your history? With four cups of Europe I guess he could be.

Last edited:
Is he considered the best British player in your history? With four cups of Europe I guess he could be.
You’d think that he would be, but we (media and culturally) have a bit of an obsession with ‘damaged’ stars, believing in the myth of talent over hard work. Therefore, the media are massive fans of George Best, Paul Gascoigne and even the likes of Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes. Playing for Man U or Liverpool doesn’t hurt, and neither does being English or addicted to booze / drugs / niche prostitutes, or being a bellend (or any combination thereof). British media loves to build up and then tear down - so self-destructive stars are even better for selling red top rags. Therefore, someone interested in getting his head down, working hard and trying to redeem himself at a past club doesn’t get the recognition it probably should.

Put it this way: British sporting media’s highlights of the past twenty years are Beckham getting sent off for kicking out and Zidane rebuilding himself only to throw away the World Cup with a red-card head butt. Arseholes, the lot of them.

You’d think that he would be, but we (media and culturally) have a bit of an obsession with ‘damaged’ stars, believing in the myth of talent over hard work. Therefore, the media are massive fans of George Best, Paul Gascoigne and even the likes of Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes. Playing for Man U or Liverpool doesn’t hurt, and neither does being English or addicted to booze / drugs / niche prostitutes, or being a bellend (or any combination thereof). British media loves to build up and then tear down - so self-destructive stars are even better for selling red top rags. Therefore, someone interested in getting his head down, working hard and trying to redeem himself at a past club doesn’t get the recognition it probably should.

Put it this way: British sporting media’s highlights of the past twenty years are Beckham getting sent off for kicking out and Zidane rebuilding himself only to throw away the World Cup with a red-card head butt. Arseholes, the lot of them.
Oh I see. Best and Gazza were technically awesome, better than him certainly, but he is more complete and decisive. Also Keegan or Dalglish were amazing. Difficult decision.

I don't think the Madridistas hated Bale as much as the media has made out. It's a bit like with us and Eriksen. Sure there are some twat fans who booed Eriksen his last couple games, and yes most of us were annoyed with the comments after the final and how poorly it all ended...but most reasonable yids appreciated him.

Back
Top Bottom