Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's obviously training but he looks pretty effortless with his explosiveness and burst, good to see given he's coming back from an injury.

Also Vinicus really is a big lad.
To be honest I didn’t see much explosiveness/burst (maybe I need to watch again?), but that left foot of his is ruthlessly clinical. He can make the ball go anywhere he wants with it, Hart has no chance lol.

To be honest I didn’t see much explosiveness/burst (maybe I need to watch again?), but that left foot of his is ruthlessly clinical. He can make the ball go anywhere he wants with it, Hart has no chance lol.
Maybe explosiveness is not the right word, he looked to have controlled quickness if that makes sense. It's hard to judge top end explosiveness given what they were doing but his body looked quick and there were no signs of an injury.

I'm being very cautious towards my expectation regarding Bale. And i cringe a little when i read Ali Gold report that Mou and the staffs are being blown away by his level in the training. I mean, what is the purpose on getting expectation this high anyway. I'm very wary that this affairs could be disastrous, with no reason backing it, i just pre-hurting myself cause i'm very afraid of getting hurt.

But then this video came and i watched it. wtf, their mind be blown alright. That is some crazy level of finishing. i fully expect a 30 yards overhead kick goal when he is on the pitch next weekend. Top that last minute curling rocket.

Tbh, he looked a bit ‘tight’ in the way he’s moving. He’s coming back from injury and not being played. Having said that - finishing is awesome, and I love that they’ve gone full PE teacher’ and put Tanguy and Gary on opposite teams.

Tbh, he looked a bit ‘tight’ in the way he’s moving. He’s coming back from injury and not being played. Having said that - finishing is awesome, and I love that they’ve gone full PE teacher’ and put Tanguy and Gary on opposite teams.
Yeah I thought that too, like he is conscious he is coming back from an injury and doesn’t want to give anything about 60%.

I don’t think there’s anyway to know what his current level is until he has had a run of games.

I don’t think we’ll see the mad sprints from Bale of old but I see lots of composure on the ball which has come with his huge CV of experience. Picking the right pass, making a pin point cross and hitting some in to the top left hand corner will be huge. He’s not short of finishers around him but I very much looking forward to his first performance.

Give him a few games lads. It's unlikely he dominates straight away. While he's played and dominated the PL before, that was many moons ago, and he's become acclimated to spanish football in the meantime. It'll take some time to get used to the aggression and pace of the game.

Once he does though, he clearly has the tools still to dominate..

I also noticed that he wasn’t moving around that freely like he is more guarded in the way he was moving. We all just need to keep in mind that he is no longer that young guy who played for us all those years ago. He is an older player, who has to be careful with his fitness, but probably a smarter and more composed player by now.

I also noticed that he wasn’t moving around that freely like he is more guarded in the way he was moving. We all just need to keep in mind that he is no longer that young guy who played for us all those years ago. He is an older player, who has to be careful with his fitness, but probably a smarter and more composed player by now.

He'll be like a Samurai striking with lethal force but only at the precise moment where the clinical finish is required.

Not a golf pun but keeping with the theme of golf, I wonder what the chances are of bale going over to the corner flag when he scores and pretending to try and putt the ball and then one someone else lifts up the flag? If he doesn’t do that for his first goal then we really should just send him back to Madrid! :baletroll:
You obviously don't play golf. Even after your hour of fame booking that tee time, you will know that you are no longer allowed to take the flag out because of the new COVID rules.

Fecking amateurs 😂 😂

I don’t think we’ll see the mad sprints from Bale of old but I see lots of composure on the ball which has come with his huge CV of experience. Picking the right pass, making a pin point cross and hitting some in to the top left hand corner will be huge. He’s not short of finishers around him but I very much looking forward to his first performance.
100%

It's a great thing he has some insanely fast players around him to pick up the slack on speed and all of his other abilities will be crazy beneficial to those speedy players around him.

I'm being very cautious towards my expectation regarding Bale. And i cringe a little when i read Ali Gold report that Mou and the staffs are being blown away by his level in the training. I mean, what is the purpose on getting expectation this high anyway. I'm very wary that this affairs could be disastrous, with no reason backing it, i just pre-hurting myself cause i'm very afraid of getting hurt.

But then this video came and i watched it. wtf, their mind be blown alright. That is some crazy level of finishing. i fully expect a 30 yards overhead kick goal when he is on the pitch next weekend. Top that last minute curling rocket.
Injury incoming when landing :levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom