Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can't blame him...but now he'll be remembered for being the greedy cunt who went to a shite league for a million a week...

That's just dumb hyperbole for Sun readers surely, he's won player of the year in England became the worlds most expensive player been statistically one of Madrid's best signings won 4 champions leagues and become the highest scoring Brit in LA Liga history, all he gets is hate for it, take the money and fuck the haters the boy done good.

Bit of a waste really if he goes to China, he will be on phenomenal money, to say the least, but surely he’s still good enough to play for a top club in Europe.
If it is just the money and he’s pricing himself out of a transfer then it’s a bit sad.
He obviously needs to look after himself and his family but going to China now for him is a waste of his talent.

A bit surprised as he does not need the money with his current salary, has not integrated in Spain or learned language and China will be harder. Does he still think he can play for Wales if over there?

You can't blame him...but now he'll be remembered for being the greedy cunt who went to a shite league for a million a week...

I’ll always remember him as the disloyal cunt who threw his toys out of the pram and refused to train with us because he wanted the move to RM

In the same bracket as Berba
Sadly because he scored some great goals for us

Last edited:
Incredibly ugly American chauvinist opinion, but it seems like there's a certain romance to top players slumming it in MLS as an effort to grow the game on the wild frontier that instead seems more gauche and gross and meaningless in China.

I’ll always remember as the disloyal cunt who threw his toys out of the pram and refused to train with us because he wanted the move to RM

In the same bracket as Berba
Sadly because he scored some great goals for us

I don’t recall that.

As far as I remember, Bale did not have any interviews with the press, did not make public statements over his contract, and kept quiet throughout the summer. So much so that some Spurs fans - myself included - dared to hope/dream he might not leave. He allowed Levy and consequently Spurs to extract the maximum in terms of transfer fee.

Berbatov was another thing altogether; he, through his agent, frequently made overtures to the press on how he wanted to go elsewhere. The season had started and we had also lost Keane who upped sticks and ran to Liverpool, and that c*nt Berbatov refused to play for us. If Bale had started the season with us before the transfer window closed, I could not imagine him behaving the same way.

The two players are worlds apart in that respect.

So, your family comes first hey Gareth?
I'm sure your 2 daughters will benefit massively from a move half way round the world to a country with a language that none of you speak.
I'm sure both sets of grandparents didn't want to watch them grow up anyway.
This move is purely for family reasons and has nothing to do with money, i'm sure you would have gone if they offered you 100k a week.
Greedy Twat.

Incredibly ugly American chauvinist opinion, but it seems like there's a certain romance to top players slumming it in MLS as an effort to grow the game on the wild frontier that instead seems more gauche and gross and meaningless in China.

Haha bullshit.
Both are the same
In fact I would say China is more wild frontier and chance to grow te game. (5/10 years ago for MLS this would be different)

US is for the sponsorship and fame.

Also, I’m pretty sure his family life will be fine with 1 million quid a week.
Chinese won’t expect him to learn the language.

He can do what the fuck he likes in my view and not ‘taint’ the great football he played.

Haha bullshit.
Both are the same
In fact I would say China is more wild frontier and chance to grow te game. (5/10 years ago for MLS this would be different)

US is for the sponsorship and fame.

Also, I’m pretty sure his family life will be fine with 1 million quid a week.
Chinese won’t expect him to learn the language.

He can do what the fuck he likes in my view and not ‘taint’ the great football he played.
Have you ever considered changing your name?

So what? I'd take obscene Gravy everytime, what are his options? Be a leper in Madrid? Face unrealistic expectations playing for Man U, take a massive pay cut to play for another English team who probably won't be able to compete with City, with the options on the table a 150 million pound contract in China was probably the best one.

The guy is simply and purely a football mercenary......to admire what he's doing is to advocate prostituting a talent instead of experiencing the challenge of using it on a sporting battlefield of similarly gifted opponents.
Yes he will earn millions but the chants that echo around the ground will not be that of knowledgeable and admiring fans.

Personally, I would much rather walk off the pitch at PSG or Bayern to the applause of supporters who were qualified to compare you to Europe's best, for £250k a week than earn a million pounds a week and get clapped off by fans who had no idea of what the top level of this beautiful game looked like.

It's a sham and a complete embarassment to the moral ethics of this sport. I am both angered and in fear of where going down such paths will lead us. If Harry Kane made a similar announcement now at this stage of his career what would your reaction be ?? "Good luck lad..wise decision" ?

The guy is simply and purely a football mercenary......to admire what he's doing is to advocate prostituting a talent instead of experiencing the challenge of using it on a sporting battlefield of similarly gifted opponents.
Yes he will earn millions but the chants that echo around the ground will not be that of knowledgeable and admiring fans.

Personally, I would much rather walk off the pitch at PSG or Bayern to the applause of supporters who were qualified to compare you to Europe's best, for £250k a week than earn a million pounds a week and get clapped off by fans who had no idea of what the top level of this beautiful game looked like.

It's a sham and a complete embarassment to the moral ethics of this sport. I am both angered and in fear of where going down such paths will lead us. If Harry Kane made a similar announcement now at this stage of his career what would your reaction be ?? "Good luck lad..wise decision" ?

If Harry Kane was in the same situation as Bale then yes.

Bit of a waste really if he goes to China, he will be on phenomenal money, to say the least, but surely he’s still good enough to play for a top club in Europe.
If it is just the money and he’s pricing himself out of a transfer then it’s a bit sad.
He obviously needs to look after himself and his family but going to China now for him is a waste of his talent.
They said he same about Beckham going to MLS. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, it’s tough to look upon that move as nothing but a success for him, his team and US “soccer” as a whole.

I for one, hope that Bale going to China has the same positive effect on the game over there and we can look back on this as being a positive move.

They said he same about Beckham going to MLS. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, it’s tough to look upon that move as nothing but a success for him, his team and US “soccer” as a whole.

I for one, hope that Bale going to China has the same positive effect on the game over there and we can look back on this as being a positive move.

I think Football is also quite a lot bigger in China in terms of people that watch it per capita than USA, the Chinese super league has the potential to be huge, they aren't throwing obscene amounts at it for nothing

If Harry Kane was in the same situation as Bale then yes.

I find that unbelievable but thankfully because Harry is hopefully the kind of sportsman that Bale obviously isn't that situation should never arise. Some seek personal career fulfillment...and others seek a bulging bank balance. Bale has done so much in the game and is still capable of doing more but he has sold himself and lost any respect I ever had for him as a person (note, not as a player).

As much as I don't particularly like the guy I am sure Eden Hazard could have done the same but he chose to pit his wits and talent in La Liga and for that he has my admiration.

Back
Top Bottom