Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, you moaned and moaned and moaned about giving all our squad pay rises to their fair and requisite level otherwise we'll lose them. Now you want to spend that money on a single transfer and wages for a single player.

Textbook.
No no no. You just ain't getting it are you.
Too quick to slap down those you disagree without a moments thought, as always.
Yes, we need to pay our best players the fair and requisite amount in order to keep the squad together. Of course we do. Only a naive fool or an idiot would think otherwise. But to get to and maintain the financial streams and elite club status necessary, we need to elevate the club with stellar names and world class players. Players like Gareth Bale.

Yes, we need to pay our best players the fair and requisite amount in order to keep the squad together. Of course we do. Only a naive fool or an idiot would think otherwise. But to get to and maintain the financial streams and elite club status necessary, we need to elevate the club with stellar names and world class players. Players like Gareth Bale.

Copy United's model... Only pay with magic beans....

Gotcha! :adethumbup:

(FFS.... One of you lot suggested we replicate the RM model yesterday! :pochfacepalm:)

If given cart-blanche to spend the equivalent (speculated) fee/wages on ANY player would you still choose Bale?
I don't follow European football close enough to make a proper judgement. But after years of following Spurs, I would like to see us signing the best players again, like we used to, rather than selling them, like we have been. I loved watching Bale play for us. He was my favourite player. I'd love to see him playing for us again. Equally, I would fucking hate seeing him in a Utd or Chelsea shirt.

When Bale is healthy he is one of the best players in the world and is in the prime of his career. Yes he has been injury prone in the past few years but now is the time to make a big signing even if its a risk. Its not everyday that you can bring in a world class player.

As for financials, who cares about financials, let the actual financial guys deal with that. If we sign him we instantly get better and make a clear statement to the players and world that Spurs mean business.

Imagine Bale at the new White Hart Lane, people really dont want that because its risky?

When Bale is healthy he is one of the best players in the world and is in the prime of his career. Why the hell are people saying no to one of the best players in the world? Yes he has been injury prone in the past few years Who cares about financials, let the actual financial guys deal with that. If we sign him we instantly get better and make a clear statement to the players and world that Spurs mean business.
Brilliant post my man. Hear Hear.
The words nail and head spring to mind

Dreamer.

How you paying for all this. Cross the board pay rises and a 200mil transfer.

I don't follow European football close enough to make a proper judgement. But after years of following Spurs, I would like to see us signing the best players again, like we used to, rather than selling them, like we have been. I loved watching Bale play for us. He was my favourite player. I'd love to see him playing for us again. Equally, I would fucking hate seeing him in a Utd or Chelsea shirt.

Which is fine from a fans perspective but no less unrealistic.

However.... When exactly was this period when we were the dons of the trf market? ....A brief spell in the late 80s when we signed Linekar & Gazza?

...Get a grip.

...You are aware of oil teams like City, PSG & Chavs i pressume?????

I added a bit more too. It amazes me that people don't want this and would rather him go to United. Absolutely ridiculous.

Cool.... Lets just buy players so a richer united doesnt get them....

Boy, thats sustainable!

Thank fuck some of you lot play no part in the actual running of the club!

However.... When exactly was this period when we were the dons of the trf market? ....A brief spell in the late 80s when we signed Linekar & Gazza?

...Get a grip.

Why cant we make a big transfer though? We threw 30 million at Moussa fucking Sissoko, TV money is through the roof, we have almost no net spend in years, a new, state of the art stadium that will be one of the biggest in England opening next year, and finally have a squad able to compete for a title. All its missing is another player to bring it to the next level. One player, who is a legend at the club, happens to be available and we also happen to have first right of refusal. Lets go all out. The time is perfect.

...Get a grip.

Of course I am. But the quetion in the the opening post was a simple one. Should Bale return to Spurs. My answer is Yes.
And you could add a few more to your list. Klinsmann, Greaves for starters

Why cant we make a big transfer though? We threw 30 million at Moussa fucking Sissoko, TV money is through the roof, we have almost no net spend in years, a new, state of the art stadium that will be one of the biggest in England opening next year, and finally have a squad able to compete for a title. All its missing is another player to bring it to the next level. One player, who is a legend at the club, happens to be available and we also happen to have first right of refusal. Lets go all out. The time is perfect.
You answered your own question.

When Bale is healthy he is one of the best players in the world and is in the prime of his career. Yes he has been injury prone in the past few years but now is the time to make a big signing even if its a risk. Its not everyday that you can bring in a world class player.

As for financials, who cares about financials, let the actual financial guys deal with that. If we sign him we instantly get better and make a clear statement to the players and world that Spurs mean business.

Imagine Bale at the new White Hart Lane, people really dont want that because its risky?

Ever thought what the reply would be if you ever broached this with one of those finance guys you mentioned?

The same as you get from the more considered poster here, you muppetS.

Bury your head in the sand all like; just know that you are spouting fanciful, denial ridden bollocks.

The cheerleader you have attracted pn this subject speaks volumes mate.

Back
Top Bottom