Gareth Bale Appreciation Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1234990_750773138296238_1617646938_n.jpg

:harrylol:

I find it interesting that sammy is happy to get on his soapbox about Bale missing a couple of training sessions, but the three month courting of the England job by one H. Redknapp did not generate enough "disrespect" to stop him defending the latter to no end this time a year ago.

Yet no reply by Sammy.

I find it interesting that sammy is happy to get on his soapbox about Bale missing a couple of training sessions, but the three month courting of the England job by one H. Redknapp did not generate enough "disrespect" to stop him defending the latter to no end this time a year ago.

@ sammyspurs sammyspurs now you can't pretend you didn't see it.

Last edited:
Yet no reply by Sammy.

@ sammyspurs sammyspurs now you can't pretend you didn't see it.

I'll answer that, and its actually the first time I read it. If someone on my ignore list wrote it, then they really must be desperate. Im not pretending anything. You act like I am somehow trying to avoid that statement, as if it actually makes any difference to me.

Regarding Redknapp, at least we knew from day one, years ago that he would jump ship and take the England job if it ever came his way. He never, denied that, and he made no secret of it.

Funny how thats one of things that was held against him by alot of people.......yet he was honest about it. And if you read, you will see that that is one of my biggest crtiticisms against Bale. I never said it was wrong for Bale to want to leave, so why should I think Redknapp was wrong for wanting to leave.

Ive never condoned the way he dealt with the England job, so again, whats that got to do with anything.

I defended his achievements, and the way we played under him. I defended the fact he got the best out of players like Modric, Bale, BAE, Gomes, Lennon, Defoe, Kaboul, Dawson, Corluka etc.
I defended him against Spurs fans calling him a saggy faced cunt, and said I dont care if he spoke shit in the papers.

I supported the manager and its something Im proud of. Alot of people slating Mr Always Right were doing the EXACT same shit, and worse, to Harry.

You wanna start talking about hypocrisy, then ask those people whats the difference between his behaviour to AVB and their behaviour towards Harry.

The post also talks about Bale missing training sessions. I dont remember Redknapp not turning up without permission. He worked through his whole court case saga as much as he could, while some people here were wishing he got locked up and were convinced he was guilty.

What kind of pathetic comparison is that? It makes Bale look worse.

Again, I didnt defend Redknapp over the England job. I never defended Modric that season he was forced to stay either, but when he ended up staying and doing his job, I got behind him for that season and supported him.

What the fuck has that got to do with me thinking Bale treated us with a lack of respect? I think Redknapp also treated us with a lack of respect and defending his managerial ability doesnt change that.

There you go, dont fucking accuse me of hiding from statements.

Last edited:
Bale is still in the squad for the FIFA 14 Demo...

Last chance to see him in a Spurs shirt in a FIFA game, unless I sign him from Real Madrid on a free in 2020

Left back Gareth. You'll play where your told. And stop eating with your feet.

That's all Gareth will hear from his translator this week.

Well, if anything, this confirms that being on the cover of a major software game title in a club shirt is not set in stone. Won't be making that mistake again.

What it does do, is re-affirm my belief that the ONLY reason we played in ALL WHITE last season, was that RM TOLD us to (as part of our 'joint Special relationship') so that AS AND WHEN they signed him, it would be THAT much easier to photoshop the RM logo onto an already WHITE KIT!

The signs were there the moment we agreed to such corporate nonsense! :levyeyes:

I'm joking of course...... :bale2: :avblol: :levylol:

....kind of! :balesnarl: :avbnaa: :levystare:

Back
Top Bottom