Fulham @ Home - 23/10, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Destiny, you say?
Oh yes the Destiny of Udogie.

Seriously the guy has so much. Of all the young players we've had the last 20 years I can't think of anyone who has been this good at such a young age when you add all the factors of moving club different league. I actually can't name one.

Would love to be proved wrong but I can't think of one.... We've had better players but not this young who's doing it week In week out.

Last edited:
One of my favorite things today is the way the crowd roared every time VDV sped past an attacker while tracking back. I think it happened twice today.

Love that the crowd really appreciates his pace. Was also the first time I’ve heard an announcer not be surprised by it.

So, seemingly conflicting points.

1. Thought PEH played quite well. Did a good job playing his game. Helped keep pressure off us.

2. We really missed Biss. His ability (and willingness) to make himself available in tight spaces, turn, and push an attack forward is crucial to our best play.

1. Thought PEH played quite well. Did a good job playing his game. Helped keep pressure off us.

2. We really missed Biss. His ability (and willingness) to make himself available in tight spaces, turn, and push an attack forward is crucial to our best play.
I been a critic of PEH in the past but you have to give it to him, he is a real pro. Even if, how were playing isn't his game, he's really trying and doing his best to follow the managers plan.

Still available, never injured. He is doing his job the best he can.

I can't fault that. Bissouma is another level though but probably lacks PEH passing range

Oh yes the Destiny of Udogie.

Seriously the guy has so much. Of all the young players we've had the last 20 years I can't think of anyone who has been this good at such a young age when you add all the factors of moving club different league. I actually can't name one.

Would love to be proved wrong but I can't think of one.... We've had better players but not this young who's doing it week In week out.
I can think of one and he plays right next to him 😎

The drop off when him and skipp came on is way too big. Udogie miles better even when he's having a little shaky period and getting caught out a couple of times. Ditto Sarr and Skipp.
I’ll give Royal the benefit of the doubt playing his opposite side when he came on.

Skipp is unfortunately just a level below what we really need. I think he can do a job if Bissouma is in there. But having PEH and Skipp both on the pitch at the same time with no Maddison, no one really showed for the ball and it caused way too much undue pressure those last 15 min.

Is it just me, or am I the only one who thinks that contributors here who constantly look for negative things to say about some of our players at a time when we are finally playing the football we have craved for years, should just fuck right off.
...can the same be said of those who defended Winks, Davies, Soldado, Holtby, Sess, KWP, "Vicious" Vinicius, etc. for years as adequate or better?
COYS

That Fulham press with 2 up top sitting on the halfway line or just in front… that was designed for Biss. He’d have dribbled through the shit anyway but it still fucked Fulham up that we took 30 seconds to look at it and then just play around it.

Hoj did well without the ball and disciplined with it to stay in between occupying that press so we could play around

It wasn't spectacular in the 2nd half, but it WAS game management...
PEH did a job, the job he was probably asked to do... no qualms with his contribution... Richie tried his hardest, but he really isn't the answer!

Lucky for us I suppose it was Fulham, but they still offered something... Maybe a more clinical team would've scored at least one (or dare I say, maybe a lesser 'keeper for us would've allowed them to! :llorisunsure:
.... I was never fully comfortable throughout the 2nd half... A 3rd goal might have helped!

Bloody Harry Kane... We'd have had the league sewn up by now with him still in the team (or maybe not, as Maddison & Son probably wouldn't be enjoying the same link up play they are ATM.)

I love PEH but last night even showed me his limitations, he did the job to 100% of his ability but showed why he is asquad man now
Royal dshowed he is no LB, but with no Davies he had to be tried there

Met a couple from Montana whilst waiting to get in.

Prpper, proper Spurs. His brother is a Gooner. Try to fly over for a couple of games a season and watch at silly oclock.

Big respect to them

I love PEH but last night even showed me his limitations, he did the job to 100% of his ability but showed why he is asquad man now
Royal dshowed he is no LB, but with no Davies he had to be tried there
BS
He was one of our best players on the pitch. streets ahead of Saar, who was lifeless and ineffective.

I actually thought we were pretty awful in the 2nd half. I really don't know how we went from completely dominating the first half to repeatedly giving the ball away in the 2nd. I know Fulham made a couple of changes at half time, but a lot of the time it was our own sloppy touches and passes that caused it.

Had we not have got the 2nd, that could have been a very, very uncomfortable half to watch.

I'm trying to reconcile in my mind why the 2nd half dipped so drastically from the 1st half.
Was it international fatigue?
Was it resting for another game in 4 days time?
Was it just the Spurs of the last 4 years creeping in and dropping back for no real reason?

Back
Top Bottom