Fulham @ Home - 23/10, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you mean by his cynicism?

He doesn’t have to get up in the ref’s face because he doesnt like a call or take a dive I mean.
Just general gamesmanship and pushing the boundaries. We should fight for every mm of advantage in a game and we’re doing it. I like it.

Hopefully that up and coming wonderkid from the Saudi league Henderson will keep Madderson out the England team so he is fresher for this one

Where do you get your analysis of Veliz from?

Watching Veliz in u21's - the 30 mins he played is more than he has played in the 2 sub appearances for first team combined. I've also seen a couple of short videos of Veliz in Argentina which don't contradict what I saw, except he was able to score - but difficult to know if that is quality of opposition or not. If the scouting has been good, then its just a question that he's not match fit but hopefully 2 weeks training will help him get more up to speed.

Watching Veliz in u21's - the 30 mins he played is more than he has played in the 2 sub appearances for first team combined. I've also seen a couple of short videos of Veliz in Argentina which don't contradict what I saw, except he was able to score - but difficult to know if that is quality of opposition or not. If the scouting has been good, then its just a question that he's not match fit but hopefully 2 weeks training will help him get more up to speed.
His movement in the 21s game was excellent when he came on and was a wee bit rusty with his finishing but that’s to be expected as it was his first game time in 6 weeks. His touch looks great and can physically deal with what’s coming. His work rate on Saturday was something I liked for the short time he was on. He looks like he’ll be a handful.

His movement in the 21s game was excellent when he came on and was a wee bit rusty with his finishing but that’s to be expected as it was his first game time in 6 weeks. His touch looks great and can physically deal with what’s coming. His work rate on Saturday was something I liked for the short time he was on. He looks like he’ll be a handful.

'wee bit rusty' a bit of an understatement - hence drawing attention to it. His younger team mates had already scored 5 and he had probably 3 or 4 chances in u21 game. But as I said hopefully he works on that in the next 2 weeks.

Certainly looks as if physicality should not be a problem, he seems quite mobile and able to get into right places at right time, so I'm hoping things come together for him. Ange did say not to expect too much before 2nd half of season shortly after he joined.

I have a work conference this Thursday and Friday, venue... Stamford Bridge.

First day the title of it is 'Game on' and wear your favourite team's jersey and colours.

Top of the league
Chelsea in the bottom half
Poch snaking..

I'm going to savour this.

'wee bit rusty' a bit of an understatement - hence drawing attention to it. His younger team mates had already scored 5 and he had probably 3 or 4 chances in u21 game. But as I said hopefully he works on that in the next 2 weeks.

Certainly looks as if physicality should not be a problem, he seems quite mobile and able to get into right places at right time, so I'm hoping things come together for him. Ange did say not to expect too much before 2nd half of season shortly after he joined.
Ange also said last week that “Veliz was signed as a first team squad player”.

So, suspect even if he feels Veliz is behind Donley (apples/oranges I know), he is likely compelling by promises made when signing him.

He said that but he’s been involved last two games which suggests he’s impressed in training. I think if sonny has to sit out to manage his injury then it might well be Veliz that comes in instead of Richy.

I think it's an advantage to play on the Monday after an international break, gives Ange an extra couple of days with the players to prepare them for Fulham. Bissouma a huge miss, hopefully Hojbjerg will do a passable job and everyone returns fit to play. If so, we'll win this.

Didn't realise we were Monday - Friday.

We're about to see what we're made of. Regardless of what happens at the weekend, we have a chance to go top of the league after everyone else has played.

Not only that, but if we do win, we have a chance to go (at least) 3 points clear at the top before everyone else plays the following weekend.

As long as we don't wear the horrible third kit this time.!

Claire Ugh GIF by vrt
It's closer to turd kit than third kit

Back
Top Bottom