Fulham (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS can I ask what made you give Defoe a 3 and Ade a 5? Whilst neither were good I don't think Ade tested the keeper once, yet when Defoe was on he got off 2 fierce shots.

Adebayor worked hard with no service and created few opportunities for himself or others (one clever back-heel aside) – he was pretty bog-standard, the lower side of average.
Defoe had two glorious chances and managed to fire both down the middle of the goal, straight at Schwarzer. Given that "all" he does is have shots, I'd say he did a pretty poor job of it.

I know, I know........Stats, stats & more stats but ratings are subjective, so a balance of the two can give perspective.....maybe:

Game Overview

tottenham-hotspur-home.png

Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 1 Fulham
fulham-home.png
Dimitar Berbatov (52*)​
Yellow : Dempsey(77")
Substitutions :
Dawson Off, Dempsey On (45")
Sigurdsson Off, Defoe On (62")
Dembélé Off, Carroll On (67")​
Yellow : Dejagah(16")
Substitutions :
Karagounis Off, On (78")
Ruiz Off, Emanuelson On (90")​
2_323.jpeg
Match Overview
2_323.jpeg
Squawka Man Of The Match
2_323.jpeg
Game Formation
2_323.jpeg
Head to Head Statistics
2_323.jpeg
Top 5 Players (By Performance Score)
2_323_47.jpeg
2_323_35.jpeg

Adebayor worked hard with no service and created few opportunities for himself or others (one clever back-heel aside) – he was pretty bog-standard, the lower side of average.
Defoe had two glorious chances and managed to fire both down the middle of the goal, straight at Schwarzer. Given that "all" he does is have shots, I'd say he did a pretty poor job of it.

I rated Ade 4 and Defoe 5.

Not much between them but for different reasons.

Either way it is extremely disconcerning that both of our strikers not only don't put away the chances they get but also, that both do in fact contribute so very, very little to the team overall and have done so for such a long time now.

There is a huge case for just letting Gylfi or Bale play a false #9, however the squad is in fact so damn bottomheavy, that we have literally no cover whatsoever for any of the attacking midfielders. Jesus, we have a left back playing on the wing - our only natural left back.

Defoe and Adebayor have made a very poor case for any of themselves this season. At present form I'd sell of either in a flash.

half points are common, quarter points have been known, both are fine with me, it's figuring out whether to round up or down 7.123 which hurts my head :avbshock:
In my defence, it is only 0.002 from 1/8th, so it fairly easy to work out the closest approx. And Naughton was just shy of the 1/8th point mark in my completely unsubstantiated opinion.

I will stick to either quarter point or 2 significant figures in future.

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Lloris - 6 - little to do, could have potentially done more for their goal

Naughton - 5 - outrun by 32-year old Berba for their goal
Caulker - 6 - got forward well
Dawson - 6 - decent
BAE - 5 - played out of position, added nothing

Verts - 7 - classy
Parker - 5 - sloppy in possession
Dembele - 6 - looked tired (understandably)
Bale - 6 - never got going - injured?
Sig - 5 - little impact

Ade - 5 - worked hard but no output

Dempsey - 5 - invisible
Defoe - 6 - could have scored
Carroll - 6.5. some neat passes

Berbatov - 9 - the striker we should have got in the summer - the difference in class compared to Adebayor was embarassing, and the latter is probably on triple his wages.

I know, I know........Stats, stats & more stats but ratings are subjective, so a balance of the two can give perspective.....maybe:

Game Overview
tottenham-hotspur-home.png
Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 1 Fulham
fulham-home.png

Dimitar Berbatov (52*)
Yellow : Dempsey(77")
Substitutions :
Dawson Off, Dempsey On (45")
Sigurdsson Off, Defoe On (62")
Dembélé Off, Carroll On (67")

Yellow : Dejagah(16")
Substitutions :
Karagounis Off, On (78")
Ruiz Off, Emanuelson On (90")
2_323.jpeg
Match Overview
2_323.jpeg
Squawka Man Of The Match
2_323.jpeg
Game Formation
2_323.jpeg
Head to Head Statistics
2_323.jpeg
Top 5 Players (By Performance Score)
2_323_47.jpeg
2_323_35.jpeg

Wow, a very in-depth 'stat,attack' and hats off to you for having both the time and inclination to compile and post it here.... But I gotta say - ale truly no offence to you - but I FUCKING HATE STATS THE MORNING AFTER A DEMORALIZING DEFEAT..
Don't get me wrong, if we win, I'm more than happy to pour over the facts and figures, reliving every second of a glorious imperious victory.... Safe in the knowledge that all the numbers and graphs can't change anything, and that the result stands whether we had 1% possession and half a shot on target all game, we win, and that's all that counts.
But it's precisely BECAUSE there's little or nothing that stats can do to change a result that mean it's just torturing yourself to look at all the what-if's? It's then when I can hardly bear to look, and for that reason.... I'm out!

DID.NOT.READ...SORRY!

Lloris 7.676

Naughton 7.123
Caulker 6.564333
Dawson 7.0933333
Vertonghen 7.2125

Parker 6.975
Dembele 6.833333
Bale 7.2325
Sig 6.19999
BAE 7.3478

Ade 7.325

Dempsey 6.08125
Defoe 8.175
Carroll 8.333333

Please be aware I won't be including your ratings in the total anymore as the joke is now old (and still shit) and rounding you up or down is a pain in the arse :)

LLoris 6

Naughton - 6
Caulker - 6
Dawson - 6.5
Vertonghen - 6.5

BAE - 4
Siggy - 5
Parker - 5
Dembele - 6

Bale - 6
Adebayor - 6

Dempsey - 6
Defoe - 6
Carroll - 7.25

Sooner or later people (besides Bale) are going to have to start shooting from outside of the box- we didn't even test their keeper in the first half. We're congesting our own attacks. We create more when we put on players that threaten to shoot from distance.

http://espnfc.com/us/en/gamecast/345593/gamecast.html?soccernet=true&cc=5901

Bad performance, but better day than last Paddys day when Muamba happened. Roll on Swansea.

Lloris - 6 - little to do, could have potentially done more for their goal

Naughton - 5 - outrun by 32-year old Berba for their goal
Caulker - 6 - got forward well
Dawson - 6 - decent
BAE - 5 - played out of position, added nothing

Verts - 7 - classy
Parker - 5 - sloppy in possession
Dembele - 6 - looked tired (understandably)
Bale - 6 - never got going - injured?
Sig - 5 - little impact

Ade - 5 - worked hard but no output

Dempsey - 5 - invisible
Defoe - 6 - could have scored
Carroll - 6.5. some neat passes

Berbatov - 9 - the striker we should have got in the summer - the difference in class compared to Adebayor was embarassing, and the latter is probably on triple his wages.

IMO It was Verts who was at fault for the goal not Naughton. No doubt Windy's analysis will shed some further light.

IMO It was Verts who was at fault for the goal not Naughton. No doubt Windy's analysis will shed some further light.

Here you go!
A little from Column A and a little from Column B in my opinion... Vertonghen committed himself high up the pitch, but Naughton didn't tuck round as Vertonghen moved forward, leaving himself playing catch-up.

I'd go:

Lloris - 6

Naughton - 5
Caulker - 6
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 5

Sigurdsson - 5
Parker - 5
Dembele - 5
Assou-Ekotto - 5

Bale - 5
Adebayor - 5

Dempsey - 4
Defoe - 3
Carroll - 6

Lloris 7.676

Naughton 7.123
Caulker 6.564333
Dawson 7.0933333
Vertonghen 7.2125

Parker 6.975
Dembele 6.833333
Bale 7.2325
Sig 6.19999
BAE 7.3478

Ade 7.325

Dempsey 6.08125
Defoe 8.175
Carroll 8.333333

Lloris 5

Naughton 4
Caulker 4
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 5

Parker 4
Dembele 5
Bale 5
Sig 3
BAE 4

Ade 3

Dempsey 2
Defoe 3
Carroll 6

AVB 1

Fulham 9

Berbatov pure silk

Please be aware I won't be including your ratings in the total anymore as the joke is now old (and still shit) and rounding you up or down is a pain in the arse :)

Interesting.

I should point out that they are not a joke, and see no reason why should they be ignored.

Whilst I may use a more defined system of relative rating, the results are my subject view (and as valid as any others), to remove them will alter the number of results by more than 10% thereby skewing the other subjective opinions.

If you want full numbers in the future can we at least have the option of half points (or maybe quarter)?

As an aside, humour, I concede, is a many varied and subjective thing. However, in my subjective opinion stats are in no way humourous.

Pie charts on the other hand, can be hilarious. And don't get me started on Venn Diagrams.

Interesting.

I should point out that they are not a joke, and see no reason why should they be ignored.

Whilst I may use a more defined system of relative rating, the results are my subject view (and as valid as any others), to remove them will alter the number of results by more than 10% thereby skewing the other subjective opinions.

If you want full numbers in the future can we at least have the option of half points (or maybe quarter)?

As an aside, humour, I concede, is a many varied and subjective thing. However, in my subjective opinion stats are in no way humourous.

Pie charts on the other hand, can be hilarious. And don't get me started on Venn Diagrams.

half points are common, quarter points have been known, both are fine with me, it's figuring out whether to round up or down 7.123 which hurts my head :avbshock:

Back
Top Bottom