Fuck me, was he really our manager.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He started off ok. We finished 7th and got to the cup semi un that first season didn't we and we had Klinsman and Sheringham doing the business! I cried like a girl (or a 10 year old boy) when we lost to Everton. I think I cried more after that game than after the semi in 93 against the scummers. I remember my nan taking me to the amusement arcade after that one to try and cheer me up! We were pretty poor in the 90's though.

I don't think there's a rapier looking man on earth than Gerry Francis

gerry_francis_5894952.jpg
You obviously haven't seen me after one too many vodka and cokes

To be fair I did go into a barbers with a photo of Jon Bon Jovi and ask for his haircut around the same time. What a little mug I was.

I had a ponytail and I also wore a yellow beanie hat that said Tottenham, Pride of North London on it. A right little mug.

But I'll always overlook Francis' blatant rapey, creepy old vodka breath appearance. He was the boss when I started following the club properly.

He was very much 'of his day'... remember, he was ALSO touted for the England role (eh Harry?) and didn't get that either... HAD both He AND Harry got it, then arguably, we could boast the most ex-Spurs/England Managers in History (even though Ramsey never actually managed us!):

RAMSEY
VENABLES
HODDLE
(FRANCIS)
(REDKNAPP)

OK, it's a rubbish list... :harryfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom