Football Pet Hates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Commentators in general for me, they are appalling, without even considering bias.

How could I forget this? I hate the commentators that simply have to fill dead air with statistics and convoluted history like: "Spurs have never beaten Luton on a full moon while wearing their third kit."

Who the fuck cares!

And speaking of annoying stats, I loathe the pass completion rate stat. It means fuck all, the players with the highest rate are all deep lying players who constantly pass sideways or backwards. It's just something else for SSN to fill the gaps between the adverts with.

Commentators using stats from the same fixture 10+ years ago when 22 different players were playing as if it holds any bearing on today's game.

'The good news for Fulham; they haven't lost a league game against QPR since 1974.' How did that work out again?

When the media say "Ticket allocation of 30'000 to each side for the FA Cup Semi-Final gives every fan a chance to go to Wembley" Two problems with this...

1) I applied for the semi againt Chel$ki with +100 points and didn't get a ticket.

2) What does Wembley hold about 90'000? So a 3rd of the tickets are well over priced corperate tickets, which are then ironically given away (clients, prizes, etc) and probably the majority of those are non supporters of either club, and probably even non football fans.

Gooners / Chelsea / West Ham who can talk the legs off 'what's wrong with Spurs' (all based entirely on what they've read in the media), but yet cannot engage in informed conversation about their own squad.

Glamourless, hum-drum usually Midlands / Northern based sides who sing upbeat musical melodies which would be suited in the party atmosphere of Serie A - but have no place being recounted somewhere around Birmingham. Especially that one which is played on the trumped and has no words except for the two which punctuate the last two beats. You know which one I'm talking about.

New Chipry. His tail plumage yesterday was a disgrace. It was like a City / Barclays Bank shade light blue. Levy - sort it.

For some reason over the years I've run into a lot of toffs who bang on about their adventures during the World Cup (invariably no more exciting than an average away-day to Norwich) - who apparently have absolutely no allegiance (nor apparent interest) in regular football. Vaccous, trendy, try-hard, c**ts.

Kids from the estates around WHL who wear Gooner shirts on match days. You're wither clueless - or a massive pisstaker. Die.

Pairs of fuckers in the Koyum kebab shop who get annoyed when you ask to share a four table. You're not a date you tankers - it's 45 minutes before KO and man needs two Gozlemeler and chips in him!

When the Bell & Hare runs primarily out of Red Stripe - then secondarily out of canned booze altogether.

Back
Top Bottom