Football Fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t get the same buzz from going anymore. Maybe it’s idiots walking around the south stand with away colours on display with their just purchased half and half scarfs, maybe it’s the social influencers, taking 1000 selfies to get likes on line and leaving with 20 minutes to go, maybe it’s people that can’t last more than 45 minutes without food or drink and miss the first ten minutes of the second half, maybe it’s a large section of overseas fans who won’t be here when their player leaves, but they will be replaced by another tourist.
Could be our club only being interested in making money though and fucking over the long term supporters at every opportunity. All while financially doped clubs continue to cheat at every opportunity and have socially inept fans that need a smack in the mouth and not ‘ online bantz’
Then we have idiots on sky talking about ‘ the product’ it’s not about football, it’s about their egos.
Anyway I am spending more time back in the West Country these days so have taken a season ticket at Bristol Rovers, it’s not perfect by any stretch, the football will be dire at times but at least the club will appreciate the season ticket money and players not on an obscene salary, who appreciate the support and actually give a fuck and put effort in, unlike our tossers on the pitch against fulham

I was at the Brighton - Forest match a week ago while obviously I would have preferred to have gone to Birmingham. (for football not for other reasons)
It was all plastics at Amex, I was a plastic, home crowd left 15 minutes before end. (home team won) I was so plastic I didn't know who to cheer for. I think I preferred a Forest win. The atmosphere was shocking. Could hear people snore, myself like others didn't know why we were there.

Last edited:
I don’t get the same buzz from going anymore. Maybe it’s idiots walking around the south stand with away colours on display with their just purchased half and half scarfs, maybe it’s the social influencers, taking 1000 selfies to get likes on line and leaving with 20 minutes to go, maybe it’s people that can’t last more than 45 minutes without food or drink and miss the first ten minutes of the second half, maybe it’s a large section of overseas fans who won’t be here when their player leaves, but they will be replaced by another tourist.
Could be our club only being interested in making money though and fucking over the long term supporters at every opportunity. All while financially doped clubs continue to cheat at every opportunity and have socially inept fans that need a smack in the mouth and not ‘ online bantz’
Then we have idiots on sky talking about ‘ the product’ it’s not about football, it’s about their egos.
Anyway I am spending more time back in the West Country these days so have taken a season ticket at Bristol Rovers, it’s not perfect by any stretch, the football will be dire at times but at least the club will appreciate the season ticket money and players not on an obscene salary, who appreciate the support and actually give a fuck and put effort in, unlike our tossers on the pitch against fulham

This all day long.

Will probably get a senior ST at Lewes. Only the cost of 2 tickets at Spurs (edit - just checked- £135).

Being an uber-wokee it's the perfect club for me really.

This all day long.

Will probably get a senior ST at Lewes. Only the cost of 2 tickets at Spurs (edit - just checked- £135).

Being an uber-wokee it's the perfect club for me really.
Spurs will always be number one, but as others have written, the premier league will never alter and will probably only get worse in terms of ridiculous pricing and terrible atmospheres at stadiums. Only thing to is not partake and enjoy lower league football where your money is appreciated and valued more.
I see spurs were a number of clubs voting against the proposed flow of money down to the lower leagues last week. Amazingly , Bournemouth also voted against, the arrogance is breath taking, it was only ten or so years ago that Bournemouth had the begging bowl out asking for money to just exist in league two.

I was at the Brighton - Forest match a week ago while obviously I would have preferred to have gone to Birmingham. (for football not for other reasons)
It was all plastics at Amex, I was a plastic, home crowd left 15 minutes before end. (home team won) I was so plastic I didn't know who to cheer for. I think I preferred a Forest win. The atmosphere was shocking. Could hear people snore, myself like others didn't know why we were there.
In a nutshell!
But the day I give up going to Tottenham is the day I give up football altogether. I wouldn't even bother watching MOTD.
At the moment I can afford the full price ticket, but it does bug me that I can't sit in my seat at a reduced rate.
I'm fully behind Ange and hope he can get us a trophy or two, I would then probably 'retire' happy.

The Brighton home crowd is full of some very odd people - had to use their park and ride scheme a few seasons ago (train strike obviously) and just sat in amazement at some of the characters there.

I don’t go regularly anymore, not because I can’t afford it, but just because it’s not value for money to me anymore. It’s a game of football not a dinner at Hawksmoor.

I already pay to watch it on Sky, BT etc and save the occasional match I really have no need to spend thousands of pounds a year watching football. Can take that money on and go on holiday rather than give it to Levy and other multi millionaires.

If people think that makes me less of a fan, then they can do one. It’s my money, I choose how I spend it.

The Brighton home crowd is full of some very odd people - had to use their park and ride scheme a few seasons ago (train strike obviously) and just sat in amazement at some of the characters there.
There's a simple explanation for that. The crowd are all gooners who live in Brighton

An interesting read.

That's a great read, thanks 👍🏻

We did think long and hard about renewing for this season last summer, that was mainly due to the football though. I don't really have a problem with the 'tourists'.
Could have got 4 Wealdstone STs for the price of one of ours at Spurs.

Will renew for the upcoming season (probably later today) and then see where we are this time next year.

Back
Top Bottom