Flags at Wembley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The atmosphere at the last game at the Lane was amazing and the flags on show were magical. In comparison I went to all of the games at Wembley and excluding the Semi final the atmosphere was shit.

I think it would be great if we could bring more flags to Wembley to make it feel home. Do any of the TFC members have any links to good companies that make flags? My season ticket is in block 111 just behind the goal and I would like to have a Big Mopo Flag saying "Hes Magic You Know" does any one have any good images I could use for this? Finally are any other members interested in getting involved? COYS

Not a big fan of them to be honest, all very corporate and plastic, and means you can't clap when you are holding one. I do love flags, scarfs, banners, whatever but they have to be produced by the fans, have to be fan owned, the end result looks much more organic. Thought the attempts made by THST in a couple of games last year (or was it the year before??) actually looked OK as there was a mix of sizes and designs but it didn't carry on, there has to be a reason for this, I guess that's it simply not liked by the majority or it takes so much organising no one can actually be bothered, probably both.

Hopefully lots of us will bring our own flags to cover the stadium in THFC glory. But I wouldn't want 60,000 hand held plastic flags. It kills an authentic atmosphere. It's reall up to us to make the noise. There are loads of new STHs who have constantly slagged off the atmosphere at WHL. So, let's be avin' ya and give it some. Show us miserable old timers what you've got. COYS.

:wansum:

Not a fan of 'organised' supporting. Look at Stamford Bridge, they hang flags from their supporters around the world and it looks what it is.
A desperate attempt at being a 'Big Club.' Woolwich feel the need to parade their honours around the stadium, and the Red Mancs come up with all kinds of embarrassments, - remember Moyes, the "Chosen One?'
Much rather we wait until we lose a few and then fly a 'POCH OUT!' banner over Wembley.
Spontaneous, or what?

Hopefully lots of us will bring our own flags to cover the stadium in THFC glory. But I wouldn't want 60,000 hand held plastic flags. It kills an authentic atmosphere. It's reall up to us to make the noise. There are loads of new STHs who have constantly slagged off the atmosphere at WHL. So, let's be avin' ya and give it some. Show us miserable old timers what you've got. COYS.

:wansum:
I dunno. at Ajax, they leave little plastic flags at the seats, and before the game, everybody waves them in time to the club anthem. and its fucking great

I dunno. at Ajax, they leave little plastic flags at the seats, and before the game, everybody waves them in time to the club anthem. and its fucking great
They were great at The Finale last year, but I prefer fan-generated noise with clapping and chanting, as opposed to anything more... managed.

I think free plastic flags on seats is really cool TBH. It gets everyone; men, ladies, kids; involved at the start and helps carry an atmosphere through the match. Seeing a sea of white before the chav game around 90% of Wembley will really make it feel like a home game. Gotta be a good thing surely

Last edited:
I think free plastic flags on seats is really cool TBH. It gets everyone; men, ladies, kids; involved at the start and helps carry an atmosphere through the match. Seeing a see of white before the chav game around 90% of Wembley will really make it feel like a home game. Gotta be a good thing surely

I would agree that it helps get everyone a little more involved. It'd be nice to have 50k+ raucous supporters in the stadium, but it's just never going to happen. Ideas like plastic flags are good for bringing life to the quiet sections....those that enjoy going bonkers in the Park Lane/Shelf won't need the help regardless of where they're at in Wembley or the new stadium.

Hopefully the larger capacity in the new stadium will clear the backlog on season tickets and allow in younger blood that haven't had ages to build up insurmountable loyalty point accounts. And that's not to have a dig at the old-timers - it's just hard to beat youth for enthusiasm and the ability/willingness to go ape-shit.

I think free plastic flags on seats is really cool TBH. It gets everyone; men, ladies, kids; involved at the start and helps carry an atmosphere through the match. Seeing a see of white before the chav game around 90% of Wembley will really make it feel like a home game. Gotta be a good thing surely
I hope they either run with a general spurs flag if they do something like that. Or if they do match specific ones, that they are up to date.

Went to a game with my Swedish team three weeks ago and they handed out free clappers (thick paper sheets that you could fold into a type of fan that clapped when you waved it). Thing was it was a leftover from when the two teams last met..... in 2013 in the second division.

Fuck it. Free spurs brand vuvuzela and a Chirpy mask at every seat!

You'll get accused of being a plastic fan on here for suggesting this.... Even though those that accuse you barely go to games so the put-downs are kind of strange to me.

However, the tea-towel incident does prove that if you are going to do it, go big or go home.

Another good idea would be to put one of those mosaic pieces on the 5,000 or so Chelsea seats. When they hold them up it spells out <removed>S
The funniest part would be they'd be totaly unaware of what they were doing.
I expect we'd get a fine or something though. The football authorities ain't really renowned for their sense of humour

Last edited:
Another good idea would be to put one of those mosaic pieces on the 5,000 or so Chelsea seats. When they hold them up it spells out <removed>S
I expect we'd get a fine or something though. The football authorities ain't really renowned for their sense of humour
Especially if we go after one of their babies

Back
Top Bottom