Fixture List

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2012/13 season fixture list is going to be released tomorrow, got me thinking, what would be the BEST possible fixture list?

I reckon as many bad teams as early on as possible is always good, to get the team into the flow of things. Both Everton fixtures being early would be a positive and I'd rather not have away at OT first/second again.

Chelsea away, Woolwich at home, Man United Away, City Home.
Would certainly be a lively start.

But seriously I would prefer to have the Sky Sports 'Top Four' aways near the start of the season mixed in with 'easy teams'.
Our new signings/manager might need a easy in to start the season, or they could hit the ground running. I hope for the latter.

Playing the weaker teams earlier on is an advantage, every team seems capable of raising their game towards the end of the season.......any team that had played Wigan twice before the final 9 games was laughing

A mixed fixture list, rather than easy teams or hard teams in one go is what I would like. Things can backfire whichever way you look at it. End of season you get load of top six teams and you have a tough run. Similarly, you may end up against those fighiting relegation so it becomes equally as hard.

At the end of the day, if we are good enough to get into the CL next year we shouldn't need to worry about the fixture list anyway as we should be good enough to win the requisite games.

I prefer a mixed fixture list, myself. Although there do seem to be some fixtures at similar times each season.

Not having looked it up, do we not seem to play Woolwich in the middle of Nov and sometime in Feb? The former I recall cos it's often close to my birthday.

Or am I being a thick twat and remembering it all wrong?

:harryblow:

I always thought it was pseudo-random. But I've not been able to find a list of the constraints on its randomness online (like only one match in North London per game week).

A comfortable start please. The new manager will have a lot of pressure on him if we're in the bottom half by October, no matter how hard our fixtures have been!

Then in general I'd like the hard games spread out.

Éperons said:
I always thought it was pseudo-random. But I've not been able to find a list of the constraints on its randomness online (like only one match in North London per game week).

Sky must get some sort of a say........either that or you have to believe that the "Grand-slam Super Sunday" games that miraculously seem to appear over weekends with higher viewing figures are 'random'

Raitei said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html
Brilliant. I had no idea the PL and League fixtures were so tightly integrated. The example of changing one fixture's affecting at least seven and up to 48 others was astonishing.

But yes, off-pattern with the Woolworths and no more than two consecutive home matches. The rest is magic.

Looking out for Southampton away. If it's during uni terms it will be a home fixture for me. No doubt we'll get it on boxing day or some shit...

As for the rest of them, fuckit, who knows what could work out better.

Back
Top Bottom