Fiorentina vs Tottenham 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love how people constantly bring up Soldado's price point but we aren't allowed to bring up Lamela's. They are both equally disappointing failures in my book. Only difference is Lamela is younger and he doesn't wear 9 on his back so people don't expect him to score goals.

The stress of this match...isn't even the final :chadliblow:

"Score early, put the match to bed and time waste", is how I said we should approach this game. Typical that we'll leave it til the 80th minute before we play.

I love how people constantly bring up Soldado's price point but we aren't allowed to bring up Lamela's. They are both equally disappointing failures in my book. Only difference is Lamela is younger and he doesn't wear 9 on his back so people don't expect him to score goals.

I think its the body language and the hope, theres still some hope with lamela being a good player while soldado is a broken broken man, who needs to be taken out back and put out of his misery

This is worse than KUMB on penalties on Sunday. Read, digest. It isn't that difficult, really:
It is not an offence in itself to be in an offside position.
A player is in an offside position if:
  • he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent
A player is not in an offside position if:
  • he is in his own half of the field of play
  • he is level with the second last opponent
  • he is level with the last two opponents
Commiting an Offside Offence
A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play
  • interfering with an opponent
  • gaining an advantage by being in that position

No Offence
There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:
  • a goal kick
  • a throw-in
  • a corner kick

Nah, man. Respectfully disagree. First, age/experience HAS to be considered. Also, Lamela offers something (anything positive) in attack whereas Bobby is an absolute ghost.

Back
Top Bottom