Fiorentina vs Tottenham 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

just a question i want to ask do you think it will be easier to finish 4th or win the Europa League.Where as if we finish 4th do we secure a champions league place if an english team wins it again because there is a chance that could happen

just a question i want to ask do you think it will be easier to finish 4th or win the Europa League.Where as if we finish 4th do we secure a champions league place if an english team wins it again because there is a chance that could happen

It's easier to win the Europa League than finish 4th. But it would be financially better to finish 4/5/6/7 in the Premiership ( at least at the moment )

&

If an English team wins Champions Leage & an English Team wins Europa, the teams in 3rd & 4th place woukd go into the Europa league. Each national FA has an allocated number of positions for Champions League. 4 in England's case. The FA decide how to allocate the spaces & It will be on the basis of the above.

With 3 good ( ish ) English teams in Europa & Champions League, the race for Top 4 might well be pointless this season for 3/4 places

If an English team wins Champions Leage & an English Team wins Europa the teams in 3rd & 4th go into the Europa league. Each national FA has an allocated number of positions. 4 in England's case. The FA decide how to allocate the spaces & It will be on the basis of the above.

Also think we have gone far enough this season with a good injury record to take a chance on glory. Happy to play first team against Florentina and chavs then rest the first 11 in the next league game if needed. I doubt we are gonna get top 4 so why not.

After the first few months of transition and plenty of Thursday/Sunday we're still well in the top 4 race! If Victimpool stay in Europa and with the scum still having at least 3 more cup ties coming up soon it's not cut and dried. If we do go out of Europe then the team can go full-throttle with rest in-between for every game. Not saying i want to but I think top 4 is just as realistic as coming through 8 more games to win Europa League.

The issue is we have hardly won on a Sunday after playing Thursday and look flat regularly when games are in quick succession. Chelsea will be rested, well drilled after we beat them 5-3 and extremely tough to beat. If we're going all out for it in Italy on Thursday night then the chances of winning that final are probably 15-20% in my opinion unless Chelsea have an absolute mare.

If an English team wins Champions Leage & an English Team wins Europa the teams in 3rd & 4th go into the Europa league. Each national FA has an allocated number of positions. 4 in England's case. The FA decide how to allocate the spaces & It will be on the basis of the above.

Not quite true, the maximum number of places available to the top three ranked leagues (England, Spain and Germany) is now 5. If the winners of the Champions League OR the Europa League are from one of these leagues and finish outside the 4 qualification places then 5 entrants will be entered to the 15-16 Champions League. If the Champions League winners AND the Europa League winners are from the same league and one of them finishes outside the 4 qualification places then the 4th placed team in that league are entered into the Europa League instead.

This of course opens up the possibility that Chelsea win the Champions League and we win the Europa and those sappy cunts up the road get 'Spursed' into the Europa League, a concept that sends a sexual thrill through me.

Of course it also leaves the possibility that we throw it away against Fiorentina, rebound in the league to finish fourth and then Chelsea win the Champions League and Everton win the Europa League and we get dumped into the Europa League yet a-fucking-gain. Too depressing to think about.

Much easier to finish fourth. I don't understand where this legend that we have a very good chance of winning Europa ever came from.

We messed up the 1st leg and we should not sacrifice a domestic cup final against Chelsea in trying to put the EL right.

Full strength on Sunday is a must.

Team for the trip to Italy:

Lloris
Dier, Kaboul, Vlad, Davies
Capoue, Paulinho
Townsend, Soldado, Lamela
Ade

We messed up the 1st leg and we should not sacrifice a domestic cup final against Chelsea in trying to put the EL right.

Full strength on Sunday is a must.

Team for the trip to Italy:

Lloris
Dier, Kaboul, Vlad, Davies
Capoue, Paulinho
Townsend, Soldado, Lamela
Ade
No Stambouli or Chiriches? For me we shouldn't risk Hugo.

Poch must continue to juggle squad, we just need the squad to respond.
For me we can go thru as well as winning the cup.
For me, Fiorentia game -
.....................Lloris
Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies
...........Stambouli, Mason
...Townsend, Dembele, Chadli
...................Kane

And then - Capital Cup Game
....................Lloris
Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose
...........Bentaleb, Mason
Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli
...................Kane

Same team that played first leg. Maybe change Townsend for Chadli or Lamela? We play on Thur to win then worry about the Chaves on Thurs morning. Play the Chaves and look at where we are on Monday morning. Im sure the season will pan out good for us whatever position we are in next week - we are a decent team and will get better.

I think a few people are forgetting our fixtures before the Chelsea game on New Years day? We had Leicester on the 26th, United on the 28th, and Chelsea on the 1st. If we drew with United and still had enough in the tank to batter them 5-3, there's no reason we can't do Fiorentina and Chelsea as well.

I find it astonishing that there are actually people that want to put out a weak team and lose, for a slightly increased chance at beating Chelsea. Madness.

I think a few people are forgetting our fixtures before the Chelsea game on New Years day? We had Leicester on the 26th, United on the 28th, and Chelsea on the 1st. If we drew with United and still had enough in the tank to batter them 5-3, there's no reason we can't do Fiorentina and Chelsea as well.

I find it astonishing that there are actually people that want to put out a weak team and lose, for a slightly increased chance at beating Chelsea. Madness.

Perhaps, but we didn't have to factor in two flights across Europe and this time we play in the evening away, not lunchtime at home prior to playing them. Still not advocating a weak team, just sensible rotation.

Full strength team in both games. Players will be buzzing for the final.

Rest them the week after.

Yes they will be buzzing for the final, they should be regardless. We've also got 2 very winnable league games in 6 days after the final which we need the squad for I would assume. No player is gonna play every game I would imagine. We should really have requested with the Premier League & Swansea to move that game to next Saturday and played the QPR game later in the season.

Back
Top Bottom