Financial Fair Play

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't pretend to understand FFP, but seems to me that the rules are easily bypassed by any club that is run by an oil rich country or oligarch, as the fines certainly are not related to their income.
Absolute waste of time!

my answer to ffp is simple.

if you overspend by say £300m over the 3 year period, your fine is £300m. If your including non generated income, as per the oil clubs, your fine is treble the illegal infusion.

lets See how chavs, city , psg, etc like them apples .

money to be sent to uefa for distribution among clubs outside the premier league equivalent. So psg funding grassroots in France, etc etc.

don’t matter how big your pockets are, if spending £1 costs £2, it would focus the oil clubs (which chavs are still) To control spending.

if the oil-boys go to court, simple answer. If they win, no fine. If they lose they are kicked out of all uefa competitions for 3 years.

Unfortunately with the amount of money involved, you simply cannot expect any organisation to be self-regulating. its one of the areas I think need needs government oversight and new regulations as sport being an asset of the people. Either develop and enforce proper financial controls via wage cap and spending caps, or re-structure via the American approach with a version of a draft with Haaland and Gvardiol going to Bournemouth and Watford.

The first is a lot easier and more palatable. Just not in anyones interest except the fans.

Give it another 3 City title wins and you might see fans taking action like the Super League.

Funny really, we could collectively end the Premier League this weekend if we wanted.

Back
Top Bottom