Filip Lesniak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know nothing about this kid. But what I love about our club is a kid like this coming through under Poch and with the senior squad around him, could potentially be a world class player in a few seasons and playing every week. Alright, maybe he won't be, not all our development squad players are going to make it that far, but you just never know, this kid could be the next best thing.

I think it's pretty unlikely. Reading what those who follow the youth players on various forums say, he's not that highly rated and got his chance because the Winks injury has left us short in midfield and Dembele's struggling to play for 90 minutes. The other youth player that was on the bench, Shashoua, is more highly rated.

But you never can tell who's gonna make it. The hyped ones often disappear down the leagues and others come from nowhere to become first teamers.

We'll just have to see, what I like is not knowing really, the uncertainty of whether you are seeing someone for the first time who years down the line you'll be singing their name and hoping they don't leave for Real Madrid. Plenty of development players who have been bigged up as the next best thing and amounted to nothing at all, some others not talked up much but turn out to become amazing talents. I figure Poch must rate him to play him, even accepting we do have the injuries we do.

It's always nice to see a young player make his debut. Even if it's not at Spurs, his career prospects have just improved a 1000 fold. He's played for a top 2 Premier League team. He must be buzzing, especially as a few months ago he was struggling to get a game on loan in the Czech League.

Contract was up.
Not particularly rated highly.
On the bench due to international duty and injuries.
Would be 10th choice central midfielder going into next season as it stood.
He's 21.

Take your pick.

He's got to think of his career too.

A shame though, as he looked promising, and as I found it particularly pleasing to see him in a PL game IRL as I had just a couple of weeks prior to that acquired him for a game of FM where I was managing Coventry :p

Based on his few minutes and his release I can't help but think how important luck is for a football career. Had there been more injuries and more unimportant games he might have had more time to show what he can do, and he could've quickly become a £10m player in todays market. Such a pricing would've ensured chances to prove his worth in the next club.

Now, as one of many released players, who knows...

needs to come on again at hull bit more playing time
but again he looks like a centre midfielder same as Winks,
we need to bring though an attacking midfielder

needs to come on again at hull bit more playing time
but again he looks like a centre midfielder same as Winks,
we need to bring though an attacking midfielder
We will...
m_edwards.jpg

I think it's pretty unlikely. Reading what those who follow the youth players on various forums say, he's not that highly rated and got his chance because the Winks injury has left us short in midfield and Dembele's struggling to play for 90 minutes. The other youth player that was on the bench, Shashoua, is more highly rated.

But you never can tell who's gonna make it. The hyped ones often disappear down the leagues and others come from nowhere to become first teamers.
I think the difference is often mental. It's a question of confidence at that level. All the players in the Spurs reserves and youth will be of a high quality. It comes down to how they act under the spotlight.

Onomah was highly rated, but as soon as I watched him in the first team I could see he was too timid and unsure of himself. He might be a great talent, but until he believes that and treats the first team occasion with contempt we won't see it.

My feeling with Onomah is that he physically was able to dominate at youth level so looked better than he actually was. I have a theory that afro-carribbean kids reach physical maturity earlier and stand out at youth level and, indeed, youth teams often have proportionally more afro-carribbean kids but the the white, mixed race and other ethnic groups eventually catch up and in the end it's all about talent, aside from physicality, be they black, white or whatever.
Specifically Afro-Caribbean? That's a new slant on casual.

My feeling with Onomah is that he physically was able to dominate at youth level so looked better than he actually was. I have a theory that afro-carribbean kids reach physical maturity earlier and stand out at youth level and, indeed, youth teams often have proportionally more afro-carribbean kids but the the white, mixed race and other ethnic groups eventually catch up and in the end it's all about talent, aside from physicality, be they black, white or whatever.

I think Onomah needs to go on loan to a championship club, get kicked a ton, toughen up, and should be much better for it.

Cant see Onomah making it through the summer with us Im afraid.

There was a time when Poch played him and he was on the bench every week. I think he's flunked his lines...if Tommy Carroll was deemed surplus in the end, I cant see it for Josh. Its not like he hasnt been given a shot.

Cant see Onomah making it through the summer with us Im afraid.

There was a time when Poch played him and he was on the bench every week. I think he's flunked his lines...if Tommy Carroll was deemed surplus in the end, I cant see it for Josh. Its not like he hasnt been given a shot.
surely he'll be loaned out. He must be great in training because I've seen nothing over the past 2 years when he's played to suggest he'll come good.

If we sell him now, his value must be low. Surely best to loan out now to get 1st team experience - he'll either do well enough to get back into the 1st team squad and play well, or at least increase his value to us (and to him as more and better teams would be interested).

He's playing against the argies in the under 20s world cup in the Dembele role. Not his best performance so far. Positioning is shite and has no workrate to speak of.
He didnt even get a mention in this report that was in the Graun:

Solanke helps get England off to a flyer against Argentina in U-20 World Cup

KWP didnt get off the bench.

One Gooner; One Manure; no Citeh.

A lot of Evertonians, theyve really got their act together in every way the last 4-5 years or so. Great stuff.

Shed load of Chavs who will never play for the club. What is the point of them or Citeh even having a youth team?

I think that "star" Loftus-Cheek is going out on loan, so that's his Chav "career" over.

Great that the headline and photo was Solanke, who scored a last min pen in a 3-0 win, hardly got a mention otherwise. Ought to go in the Media Bias thread.

Maybe his inclusion against Leicester 'Fairytale' City was simply a 'nice gesture' from Poch... knowing he'd be off, but giving him at least one first team appearance before he left?

Apart from setting up Kan'es hat-trick goal, I guess he'll be most remembered for being a Lesbian on auto-correct, and that stare on the Leicester post match dressing-room team selfie!

Back
Top Bottom