Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a bad return…

“three Scudetti, two Coppa Italia and two Supercoppa Italiana, as well as the World Cup in 2010”.

:contelip:
And a Europa League with Sevilla in 2016, two Copa del Rey with Athletic Bilbao.

I miss him. He was a great senior figure in the team.

If he started the CL final we would not have gone 1-0 down in effectively the first minute.

Poch’s biggest error……a sliding doors moment right there.
this absolutely 100%

he was the reason we got anywhere in that CL campaign

was at Wembley 10 mins to go, 0-1 down. About to go out at the group stage one point from 9 I think.

Llorente comes on. We win 2-1 and they just couldn't handle him. Very difficult to defend against

he was the one under the last ditch Hail Mary at Ajax being a nuisance on the edge of the box

even remember him scoring a belter of header for Swans at LFC, winning too. Cross from Tommy Carrol.

and wtf were we playing at letting him go on a free.

How'd you figure that given the nature and timing of that penalty?

As per White Van Jan White Van Jan the old butterfly effect has its part.

But mainly due to the fact in the first 15 seconds the spurs player who twice had a chance to win a ball and failed miserably was Harry Kane. First time half hearted jump for a header. Second tries to turn VanDijk who treated him like a rag doll which directly led to the ball being pumped up to Mane.
From a coaching point of view could and should Kane do better in that situation. Yes and yes.
Was Kane fully fit?? We will never know. But no way Llorente gets treated that way by Van Dijk.

Hindsight is great. Poch made the call. I think it was the wrong one for other reasons too. Ultimately I think it finished him with the squad.

As per White Van Jan White Van Jan the old butterfly effect has its part.

But mainly due to the fact in the first 15 seconds the spurs player who twice had a chance to win a ball and failed miserably was Harry Kane. First time half hearted jump for a header. Second tries to turn VanDijk who treated him like a rag doll which directly led to the ball being pumped up to Mane.
From a coaching point of view could and should Kane do better in that situation. Yes and yes.
Was Kane fully fit?? We will never know. But no way Llorente gets treated that way by Van Dijk.

Hindsight is great. Poch made the call. I think it was the wrong one for other reasons too. Ultimately I think it finished him with the squad.
Hindsight is great but in this case it was just obvious foresight/common sense.

Keep Harry on the bench until late on. Start with either or both Moura and Son, run the defence ragged and if needs be get H on towards the end against tired and leggy defenders to nick a goal.

Keep Harry on the bench until late on. Start with either or both Moura and Son, run the defence ragged and if needs be get H on towards the end against tired and leggy defenders to nick a goal.

Yeah in that heat personally would have used Llorente as a battering ram for an hour. Kane was never going to outsprint Van Dijk coming back from a long injury.

It’s also not a game you wanted to be pressing loads. Get the ball to feet and work off that.

For more pace and goal threat Moura had been incredibly inconsistent in the league but also had been scoring on occasion.

I just felt final back in Spain, tail end of his career -llorente had the nous to make something happen and would give them a physical threat to deal with for an hour.

In a final you roll the dice.
Think poch didn’t gamble so much as take the safe option with Kane.

Son DID start anyway, but in order to get Llorente AND Lucas on the field..... Kane AND another need to make room......

TBH, looking at the line-up again; the simple fact is we had enough quality on the pitch to put on a better showing than we did.

Starting Kane (and dropping Lucas) was a (two?) bad decision(s) from Poch, but the players let us down too.

Back
Top Bottom