Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It remains to be seen if Fazio is an upgrade on Dawson yet. He was meant to be the tough in the tackle leader that would replace him but so far 6 games in he has looked slow and given away 2 pens with 2 red cards. I dont care how soft the decision was if he wasn't caught out for pace he'd have no problem. At 28 and a previous Europa League winner the bedding in excuses shouldn't be there.
Some might to begin suspecting we've been flogged a dud

Let's not write off Fazio yet. He is being put into a back line that looks unsettled at best and cannot be expected to be the #1 guy straight away. He has looked good in spells but bad in spells too. If he can gain some consistency he will be very useful to us. A proven winner and seems to have a good character.

Just worried how he will go with our relatively high line against strikers with any sort of pace. That being said none of current crop of central defenders instil a whole lot of confidence in me with how they go dealing with pace, aerial balls or staying awake!
:dawsonmean:

As others have said, regular game time alongside a regular partner would help.

Remember we got 4th with Dawson and Bassong playing regularly.

Also think he's the best person we have to deal with crouch.

Just worried how he will go with our relatively high line against strikers with any sort of pace. That being said none of current crop of central defenders instil a whole lot of confidence in me with how they go dealing with pace, aerial balls or staying awake!
:dawsonmean:
He is very used to playing a high line, it was one of the notable features of Sevilla's style of play. I assume that was a key reason for bringing him in.

Was he a 1 in 3 red guy there too?
No idea. But he and Pareja had a CB partnership that was seen as one of the teams main strengths. For me he has been very unlucky with the reds he has picked up. The one at City was a foul, but not a clear goal scoring opportunity and the one last night wasn't even a foul in my eyes.

I think of Jan over the last couple of seasons, he blatantly could have been sent off what 5 or 6 times? but didn't even pick up a foul in some cases.

Proves Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 point about his rotten luck so far. Last nights was a very poor decision and shouldn't have been a foul. But he still hasn't looked great thus far. I really want him to stamp himself as a permanent member in place of Kaboul, hopefully the red gets rescinded and he can play in the last 2 group games
He is never gunna get a place over Kaboul. You don't make someone club captain with the intention to drop him halfway through the season.

He is never gunna get a place over Kaboul. You don't make someone club captain with the intention to drop him halfway through the season.
So we've got 4 centre backs all vying to be Kaboul's partner? With two vice captains who are almost certain starters I don't see the problem with Kaboul being dropped. IIRC wasn't Ledley our club captain with Keano more of a matchday captain? The term captain shouldn't just be thought of as on the pitch. I'm sure Kaboul is a great leader in training hence being picked as captain, but if his performances aren't up to standard he shouldn't have a golden ticket to a starting spot

So we've got 4 centre backs all vying to be Kaboul's partner? With two vice captains who are almost certain starters I don't see the problem with Kaboul being dropped
Yes, that seems to be the case. It's the same situation with Rooney at Utd, he might not be the best option but he will no doubt be in the team every week. They have 4 decent number 10 players but he will always be picked due to being club captain. Thats what happens. You don't make someone club captain then drop them :paulinhofacepalm:

Yes, that seems to be the case. It's the same situation with Rooney at Utd, he might not be the best option but he will no doubt be in the team every week. They have 4 decent number 10 players but he will always be picked due to being club captain. Thats what happens. You don't make someone club captain then drop them :paulinhofacepalm:
:dawsonlol::dawsonmean:

Back
Top Bottom