FC Internazionale Milano (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Brad - 6.5 - kept a clean sheet, some sloppy distribution

Walker - 7 -solid
Verts - 8 - motm
Gallas - 7 - worker very hard
BAE - 6 - ok

Lennon - 7 - constant threat
Dembele - 8 - superb movement throughout
Parker - 7 - great defensive shift
Bale - 8 - never stopped running

Sig - 7 - grabbed a goal, tried hard
Defoe - 5 - wasteful

Livermore - 6 - decent

Brad - 6.5 - kept a clean sheet, some sloppy distribution

Walker - 7 -solid
Verts - 8 - motm
Gallas - 7 - worker very hard
BAE - 6 - ok

Lennon - 7 - constant threat
Dembele - 8 - superb movement throughout
Parker - 7 - great defensive shift
Bale - 8 - never stopped running

Sig - 7 - grabbed a goal, tried hard
Defoe - 5 - wasteful

Livermore - 6 - decent
urkel.gif

I have no idea what that award-winning graphic means - but I made a special note to only rate in the morning and avoid any 'subjectivity'

6.5 for brad is a little harsh don't you think? He made 2 really crucial saves and was pretty decent giving the ball out / coming off his line

6.5 for brad is a little harsh don't you think? He made 2 really crucial saves and was pretty decent giving the ball out / coming off his line

I don't remember him coming off his line at all - in fact he contrary - heart stopped a few times when they broke behind our line and he just stood back. Especially in the first half when Alvarez? placed it just wide off the left post. He was well and truly beaten - didn't even move. Kept thinking Lloris would have sweeped it up in an instant - but that is not a critique of Brad per se - simply a note of his abilities and subsequent limitations - it is unrealistic to expect similar level of performance which is why I feel we should be using our best tools avaialble instead of this sentimental reacharound. Have you also noticed how AVB never plays him and Dawson together (lack of pace)?

The 'saves' were shots which bounced straight off him - i.e. mis-kicks.

Sorry mate, but I have a very strict ratings system and and can go into detail but he was ok for me, just above - never really tested.

I don't remember him coming off his line at all - in fact he contrary - heart stopped a few times when they broke behind our line and he just stood back. Especially in the first half when Alvarez? placed it just wide off the left post. He was well and truly beaten - didn't even move. Kept thinking Lloris would have sweeped it up in an instant - but that is not a critique of Brad per se - simply a note of his abilities and subsequent limitations - it is unrealistic to expect similar level of performance which is why I feel we should be using our best tools avaialble instead of this sentimental reacharound. Have you also notice how AVB never plays him and Dawson together (lack of pace)?

The 'saves' were shots which bounced straight off him - i.e. mis-kicks.

Sorry mate, but I have a very strict ratings system and and can go into detail but he was ok for me, just above - never really tested.
Give him an 8 or I'll set sammyspurs sammyspurs on you.

Naw, fair enough. But I just don't think he warrants a low rating when he didn't do much wrong. If we didn't have Lloris in the squad I reckon you'd have rated him higher, and almost everyone is shit compared to him.

Friedel - 7.5 - great save but we are now used to Lloris and coming of his line to stop an attack

Walker - 7
Gallas - 7
Vertonghen - 8.5
Ekotto - 6.5

Parker - 7.5
Dembele - 7

Lennon - 7.5
Sigurdsson - 8
Bale - 7.5

Defoe - 7

Subs:
Livermore - 6
Holtby - 6
Naughton - 6

Due to limited alcohol and an absolutely brilliant view from the South Upper I can actually rate players for this.

Brad 8

Walker 7.5
Gallas 7.5
Vertonghan 9
Assou 7.5

Parker 10
Dembele 9
Bale 9
Lennon 8.5
Sig 8.5

Defoe 5

Parker was phenomenal IMO. Best player on the pitch for me yesterday

Friedel - 7 Seems to be developing his game, not quite rushing off his line, but not exactly the statue he has been in the past. Made a couple of cracking saves.

Walker - 7 Looked back to his old self.
Gallas - 7 Calm, assured and pretty solid.
Vertonghen - 8 Solid at the back and nice to see him back on the score sheet.
B.A.E - 6 Didn't really do anything wrong, but didn't really do anything special.

Parker - 9
Dembele - 9
Siggurdson - 9

I was going to write individually for these three but found myself writing similar reviews, they all worked like Navvys throughout their time on the pitch, their intensity in the early parts of the game ensured Inter were shell shocked coming off the field at half time. Their passing was clever and tight on the whole. Parker looks back to himself. Dembele looked a beast, and Siggy is finally looking the player we all thought he would be.

Lennon - 7 His running both attacking and defensive is amazing.
Bale - 8.5 Amazing once again, would have given him more, but I think he went inside himself for a little bit after the booking for a clear dive, his head seemed to drop, if only for a 15 minute period in the first half. For a while I thought he was going to go all Gazza in Italia 90 on us. He did pick himself up though and was immense, always looked a threat, and probably should have scored more than his header.

Defoe - 7 Did not look like he was coming back from injury, was sharp and looked hungrier than ever. Maybe a little greedy at times, but that is who he is. Should have scored really.

Subs:

Livermore - 5 Clumsy as always and gives away far too many fouls.
Holtby - 6 seemed off the pace at times
Naughton - 6.5 made some tidy passes

Friedel - 7
Walker - 6.5
Gallas - 7.5
Vertonghen - 9
Ekotto - 7

Parker - 8.5
Dembele - 9

Lennon - 8
Sigurdsson - 8
Bale - 6

Defoe - 6

Subs:
Livermore - 5
Holtby - 5.5
Naughton - n/a​

Some pretty harsh ratings for Brad there! The fact he had so little to do was testament to our virtual non-stop attacking, and the crucial saves he DID make were worthy of goals scored at the other end, seeing as it deprived them an away goal, or two!

2-0 would've been better than 3-1, so to have run out 3-0 winners was a magnificent achievement at BOTH does of the pitch!

I was going to write individually for these three but found myself writing similar reviews, they all worked like Navvys throughout their time on the pitch, their intensity in the early parts of the game ensured Inter were shell shocked coming off the field at half time. Their passing was clever and tight on the whole. Parker looks back to himself. Dembele looked a beast, and Siggy is finally looking the player we all thought he would be.
I think you're a bit harsh not to include Lennon in that, he did just as much defensively. The amount of pick pocketing going on yesterday, I could have sworn I was watching Oliver. Oi-Vey my dears... What does AVB look like with fingerless gloves and a little eye shadow I wonder?

I think you're a bit harsh not to include Lennon in that, he did just as much defensively. The amount of pick pocketing going on yesterday, I could have sworn I was watching Oliver. Oi-Vey my dears... What does AVB look like with fingerless gloves and a little eye shadow I wonder?

Perhaps, maybe it's because I have come to expect it more from Lennon (he does this so well on a regular basis) that I didn't notice it so much. Parker and Dembele haven't really clicked much lately and Siggy has only recently found his form so it's very nice when they all of a sudden look awesome.

So yes, maybe a little harsh on him, and a little generous on them.

Friedel - 7.5

Walker - 7.5
Gallas - 7.5
Vertonghen - 8
BAE - 7

Lennon - 7
Parker - 9
Dembele - 9
Sigurdsson - 8.5

Bale - 8
Defoe - 7.5

Holtby - 5
Livermore - 6
Naughton - N/A

Friedel - 7

Walker - 7
Gallas - 7
Vertonghen - 8
Assou-Ekotto - 7

Parker - 7
Dembele - 8

Lennon - 7
Sigurdsson - 8
Bale - 7

Defoe - 5

Subs:
Livermore - 5
Holtby - 4
Naughton - 6

Holtby was surprisingly poor last night - couldn't get the tempo, took on a silly shot, couldn't keep the ball (67% pass completion), etc etc. Hopefully a blip!

Holtby was surprisingly poor last night - couldn't get the tempo, took on a silly shot, couldn't keep the ball (67% pass completion), etc etc. Hopefully a blip!
I thought a 4 was a little harsh mate, he was no worse than Livermore apart... Although Holtby has the talent so shouldn't have been so sloppy perhaps.

Having said that, it smacked of the desperation of someone trying to impress... Which has more or less been the common vein running through all of his games so far. He'll be alright once he calms down imo.

I thought a 4 was a little harsh mate, he was no worse than Livermore apart... Although Holtby has the talent so shouldn't have been so sloppy perhaps.

Having said that, it smacked of the desperation of someone trying to impress... Which has more or less been the common vein running through all of his games so far. He'll be alright once he calms down imo.

For me 5 is average, and he was under average, so 4 is fair.

Agree with your point. I have no concerns about him long-term as he's clearly a quality player.

Back
Top Bottom