FC Hotspur of Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you follow a breakaway Spurs?

• Yes

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • I'd follow both clubs

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
I've always thought that the big mistake FC United of Manchester made was not encouraging fan groups from other professional clubs to start a breakaway league.

I'm convinced the Salford City project, funded by the class of 92, was designed to scupper their progress to the football league through the pyramid.
Could we form the breakaway club, merge the two together, call ourselves FC United Hotspur, and play in Birmingham?

Double the glory, double the pain.
giphy.gif

There's being fed up. There's thinking we're run badly.

And then there's this.

Oh no we're finishing 8th or 9th!

Yes it's shit.
Yes we should be doing better.
Yes we deserve better.

But this is just pathetic nonsense.
It’s a day dream, but then it’s also better to save your ship before it sinks rather than wait till it totally bobs under.

Or... here's a weird thought... You could stick by your team through the good times and bad.
We all stick by our team. It’s the owners I am objecting to.

Not that it makes me virtuous but I was @ Oldham away in 94, and I was at Man City home in 2019…

There is a spectrum in which my support has existed. And many thousands of £ and hours committed.

But I ( personally) am utterly sick to death of seeing Tottenham dragged into the position of following Brentford’s model. It’s unforgivable what’s going on.

Not really , but let’s try to focus energy in the right areas. Enic and Levy need to go, the club is fine.
I think we're in a very sleepy era where really no one will actually do much to actually hound these guys out of the club. There will be a few small to medium sized protests, but ultimately it'll have eff all effect IMO. :contetellmemore:

We all stick by our team. It’s the owners I am objecting to.

Not that it makes me virtuous but I was @ Oldham away in 94, and I was at Man City home in 2019…

There is a spectrum in which my support has existed. And many thousands of £ and hours committed.

But I ( personally) am utterly sick to death of seeing Tottenham dragged into the position of following Brentford’s model. It’s unforgivable what’s going on.
It isn't great. But it is also not worth the histrionics that some are spouting.

It isn't great. But it is also not worth the histrionics that some are spouting.
As we know people can be over emotional. Especially when the internet is involved.

But at the core is the reality that everyone here cares and just wants to see the best of Tottenham.

When the club represents itself well I honestly do think it is something to be very proud of. When it presents as it currently does it’s embarrassing and so hard to defend with legitimacy.

That this situation is so close to 2021 just increases the sense that those in charge don’t want to be part of being proud, admirable or competitive. They just want to extract money for personal gain. Enough people are now angry about that. And want a solution, but the last thing the club do is actually inform the fan base. They would rather blast out to cover the boos and fill a football website with Beyoncé news.

Back
Top Bottom