FC Basel - Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bore off you cunt and get a new record. Adebayor had a good game tonight, was involved and at times was a threat.

We lost on the lotteries of penalties, with 10 men. The players left on the pitch deserve our plaudits. Not this negative bullshit. They worked like dogs for 30 minutes.
Wouldn't say Ade had a good game tonight, totally different performance from sunday from him.

KARMA'S A CUNT... AND GOD DOESNT EXSIST.... get used to it people!

Couldn't agree more. Spurs supporting best mate is the nicest guy I know and has kept me sane over the last few years. He's just had his Dad start chemo, couldn't visit him till yesterday because of a cough, got home and had to run his dog to the vets because he was having trouble breathing, been told today that the dog needs surgery, he gets home with it just in time for the match and then that happens. Karma was, is and always will be utter horseshit.

And props to Dempsey

Somehow , he seems to catch more heat then Adebayor, and has easily produced more goals and bigger goals

A big brace and too bad it was wasted. Lets hope that mojo is back and it can carry into Spurs CL run.

Ade is still being defended here? Average game but threw all the good points away by taking that penalty like a fucking mong then smiling about it. Not to mention being one of the first down the tunnel whilst the rest of the team went to the fans. Fuck him, sooner he's out of this club the better.

Wouldn't say Ade had a good game tonight, totally different performance from sunday from him.

It was a different performance because for large parts of the game he was having to drop deep and help out the midfield who were struggling. When Thudd and Carroll came on he was much more of an attacking threat.

Slag off Ade all you want, but we had the momentum to win with 11 men. Pathetic from Vertonghen.

Whoah, good luck with drumming up support for the 'Vertonhen's a bigger cunt than Ade' Party tonight!

Vertonghen made a rash, split-second decision that cost him...

Ade had a full 20 seconds to think about what he was gonna do with his penalty!

Therefore, he wins my 'cunt of the night' award, by virtue of the fact he's a STRIKER (unlike THudd, who's just a bit simple) and should be slotting away penalties whilst juggling flaming razor blades and doing a Rubik's Cube in his sleep!

Can't fault the effort, everyone gave everything - and then Dawson gave even more on top.
The only complaint I have is AVB starting with one left back, and tactically substituting him for another. Left backs don't win/change games (though arguably Naughton cost us a goal from awful positioning).

How we could've used that third sub to much better effect later in the game - bringing on Caulker for instance in order to keep Hudd in the middle where he was getting a lot of joy spraying balls around. Even throwing Colt on late could've been an option....

No, I really don't see the point of not starting BAE or just sticking with Naughton.

All easy in hindsight - knew we'd fall when it got to penalties, but epic effort considering the talent missing.

It's absolutley frightening that we're continuously able to make a 50/50 situation a 90/10 one in favour of the opposition. The art of penalty taking really isn't that hard but when you have a bunch of players like ours with zero bottle and testicular fortitude then i'm afraid it's a losing battle from the start. That's 7 consecutive penalty loses and i very much doubt any team in world football boasts that sort of pathetic stat.

Couldn't agree more. Spurs supporting best mate is the nicest guy I know and has kept me sane over the last few years. He's just had his Dad start chemo, couldn't visit him till yesterday because of a cough, got home and had to run his dog to the vets because he was having trouble breathing, been told today that the dog needs surgery, he gets home with it just in time for the match and then that happens. Karma was, is and always will be utter horseshit.

KARMA IS THE DEVIL'S WARPED INVENTION TO GIVE MISGUIDED HOPE TO THOSE PEOPLE WITHOUT ANY!

I feel for your mate... hope his Dad comes through that disgusting disease. I've already lost a Parent to it, it sucks... even more than Spurs tonight, believe it or not!

Whoah, good luck with drumming up support for the 'Vertonhen's a bigger cunt than Ade' Party tonight!

Vertonghen made a rash, split-second decision that cost him...

Ade had a full 20 seconds to think about what he was gonna do with his penalty!

Therefore, he wins my 'cunt of the night' award, by virtue of the fact he's a STRIKER (unlike THudd, who's just a bit simple) and should be slotting away penalties whilst juggling flaming razor blades and doing a Rubik's Cube in his sleep!

Not comparing or defending Ade. Just saying I dont think it would have come to penalties.

He had a split second decision, he made the wrong choice when there were three defenders covering the guy, and IMO cost us the game.

One goal, Basle needed two, and I think we would have beaten them.

Im just not scared of criticising Jan is all

Back
Top Bottom