Fans Forum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched this while having me dinner and it was actually quite good. Better than I thought it would be anyway. Everyone seems to be really positive and optimistic for the season, and I love Ange, he just seems to get it.

I watched this while having me dinner and it was actually quite good. Better than I thought it would be anyway. Everyone seems to be really positive and optimistic for the season, and I love Ange, he just seems to get it.

Ange also came over as being a very good person manager, ideal as a coach to get buy in from all players .

I’ve seen many of the main parts of the forum now.

Ange and Sonny came across as most of us already knew/presumed they are, top blokes.

Levy also came across how many of us also know he is, arrogant, ignorant, full of excuses and mistruths and an almost pathological blame deflector.

I’ve seen many of the main parts of the forum now.

Ange and Sonny came across as most of us already knew/presumed they are, top blokes.

Levy also came across how many of us also know he is, arrogant, ignorant, full of excuses and mistruths and an almost pathological blame deflector.
Haven’t watched it yet, but fully intend to.
What I will be looking for from Levy is whether he is indeed blame deflecting, or if he acknowledged the fans’ booing/criticism and tried too hard to get success with “proven managers”.
It’s not a good look for him whichever way you look at it because he didn’t throw the obscene levels of money at the team that managers like Mourinho or Conte, & put the stadium ahead of the team under Poch when it was in real need of refreshing.
He had the goose that laid golden eggs for several seasons with Poch. He may very well have struck gold again with Ange.
This time he has zero excuses for not investing exactly where Ange dictates.
No more punts or square pegs for round hole squad padding.
Signings should be first team ready, like Madders & Vicario (surprising I’m saying that!)
Seems that there may be a plan finally, & lack of funds should not be thrown out there, nor should “winning is hard” nonsense be mentioned.
Let’s see where we are by January’s window and what reinforcements are brought in.
The squad was never going to be rebuilt in a couple of windows. That it got to the stale point is squarely on his shoulders.

Levy came across as someone who (understandably) often falls back on 'politicians answers'. But also as someone who understands the club and the fans mentality all too well; he throws in a few remarks and jokes that he knows will be populist, even though I'm not sure they are naturally him - I actually think he really wants to be liked.

The way he looked at and refers to Ange made me smile, I think he's well aware he's finally picked a good one. Thought he was quite honest the about previous management mis-steps, given he really couldn't be seen to slag them off openly.

There are plenty worse chairmen out there, ask Utd.

Levy came across as someone who (understandably) often falls back on 'politicians answers'. But also as someone who understands the club and the fans mentality all too well; he throws in a few remarks and jokes that he knows will be populist, even though I'm not sure they are naturally him - I actually think he really wants to be liked.

The way he looked at and refers to Ange made me smile, I think he's well aware he's finally picked a good one. Thought he was quite honest the about previous management mis-steps, given he really couldn't be seen to slag them off openly.

There are plenty worse chairmen out there, ask Utd.
He would make an excellent politician, that’s for sure.
He’s showing his face everywhere now because we’ve won a few games and the fans are in good spirits again. Where was all this talk from him when the shit was well and truly hitting the fan last season? He was nowhere to be seen or heard.

Also his views on Conte and Mourinho are so horribly flawed. “They weren’t the right manager for us” is what he keeps saying. They were the problem, not us.
Also he speaks as if hiring them in an effort to win trophies was for any reason other than the fact he believed it would be cheaper than rebuilding the squad under Pochettino.

The vibes are good again, we’re going well and we’ve got a really decent manager at the helm now in Ange, BUT, I implore Spurs fans to not be blinded once again by Daniel Levy’s words. We still desperately need to get this man out of the club.

He’s showing his face everywhere now because we’ve won a few games and the fans are in good spirits again. Where was all this talk from him when the shit was well and truly hitting the fan last season? He was nowhere to be seen or heard.

Also his views on Conte and Mourinho are so horribly flawed. “They weren’t the right manager for us” is what he keeps saying. They were the problem, not us.
Also he speaks as if hiring them in an effort to win trophies was for any reason other than the fact he believed it would be cheaper than rebuilding the squad under Pochettino.

The vibes are good again, we’re going well and we’ve got a really decent manager at the helm now in Ange, BUT, I implore Spurs fans to not be blinded once again by Daniel Levy’s words. We still desperately need to get this man out of the club.

He literally said that he made a mistake in hiring Conte and Jose, the justification was that he wanted to hire a 'win now' manager to get us over the line but he did take accountability for it.

Tom we can't know his motives to be fair. He kind of intimates he went for Conte Jose at the behest of fan anger at not winning and more intresting from senior players ( widely believed to be Kane). This seems to support some critics who point to whole 'I'm seeing Mr Levy' Danny Rose Amazon documentary insights. Its amazing the transformation a positive coach has had, and Levy parroting we have are Spurs back is amusing considering he's forgotten he also employed Nuno.

To be fair, I was quite ready to try Jose despite knowing his style/personality wasn’t really us. At the time, those appointments felt to me like ambition. Particularly after Conte too, that’s a lesson learnt for me. I chose to support Spurs 40 years ago because we played great, attacking football, and I’ll never willingly accept a manager that doesn’t match our DNA again. I hope Levy gets that too, finally, but we’ll have to see.

I do agree he’s been hiding in the bunker until recently, but I don’t see any other chairmen doing fan forums when their teams are in the mire. They’re all businessmen first.

He literally said that he made a mistake in hiring Conte and Jose, the justification was that he wanted to hire a 'win now' manager to get us over the line but he did take accountability for it.
And I think that justification is a load of cobblers. Trying to deflect some of the blame of hiring them on fans is absolutely shocking as well.

Also don’t forget mate, after he sacked Mourinho, he came out with his classic “we want to hire a coach that will play attacking football, the Spurs way, etc etc” then went on to make an absolutely monumental cock up of appointing a new manager before settling for Nuno, so him trying to put out there that Mourinho and Conte we’re just a phase in isolation where he was trying to “win now” doesn’t hold any weight.

Also, let’s call a spade a spade here, Ange so far has proven to be a good hire, but let’s not pretend there was some master plan from Levy to hire him this summer. Ange was 3rd possibly 4th choice on the list, we hired him because we couldn’t get our top targets.

I’m delighted with the start to the season and I’m fully behind Ange and the team, but don’t get sucked in by Levy’s bullshit again.

And I think that justification is a load of cobblers. Trying to deflect some of the blame of hiring them on fans is absolutely shocking as well.

Also don’t forget mate, after he sacked Mourinho, he came out with his classic “we want to hire a coach that will play attacking football, the Spurs way, etc etc” then went on to make an absolutely monumental cock up of appointing a new manager before settling for Nuno, so him trying to put out there that Mourinho and Conte we’re just a phase in isolation where he was trying to “win now” doesn’t hold any weight.

Also, let’s call a spade a spade here, Ange so far has proven to be a good hire, but let’s not pretend there was some master plan from Levy to hire him this summer. Ange was 3rd possibly 4th choice on the list, we hired him because we couldn’t get our top targets.

I’m delighted with the start to the season and I’m fully behind Ange and the team, but don’t get sucked in by Levy’s bullshit again.

Yeah look I'm not trying to say that he's completely exonerated from his fuck ups, the last few years with the whole manager search and the hires were honestly bad but the Nuno thing was purely a panic hire, it wasn't done by design hence why were were linked to about 8 managers that Summer and we turned down Ten Haag and the Conte thing never worked out, he was always gonna be a placeholder until a bigger name came in.

Also I don't think that he's deflecting at all, I watched the forum and he gave reasons for his justification to hire those managers whilst blaming himself at the same time and I kinda understand it, everyone was saying we needed a 'win now' manager to get us over the line including the fans and the players and he buckled under pressure, but he said as much that he fucked up and he actually took accountability for it.

I wouldn't know whether Ange was part of a masterplan and neither do you, the most important thing is that he's here now, we should just be happy he's ours despite the hiring process.

One telling line for me is when he said that Ange doesn't say one thing to him and then something different to someone else.

If that kind of thing was happening then it's no surprise we were shite!

Also, to the people saying Levy is just deflecting - didn't he say he doesn't regret accepting the Super League invite? That would be the one to deflect!

As someone said above, the guy has his faults but there are plenty worse owners.

It’s not a good look for him whichever way you look at it because he didn’t throw the obscene levels of money at the team that managers like Mourinho or Conte,

This time he has zero excuses for not investing exactly where Ange dictates.
No more punts or square pegs for round hole squad padding.
Tbf, Levy doesn't control how much we do, or more appropriately, don't invest.

That's on Lewis.

Back
Top Bottom