Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Daisy Duck Reaction GIF

Whilst he made some good signings, it was the choice of manager (Nuno and Conte) that bothered me the most. Neither being the type of manager we need or want.
And that tied into what happened at Juve when he stepped up from transfer guru to running the show.

Binned off Max Allegri to hire an ill-fitting Sarri, then when that blew up replaced him with an underqualified Pirlo.

And then came the shitshow here that ended with Nuno.

Fab's got an eye for a player, but seems to have persistently bad ideas about managers.

Other way round by the sounds of things. Depends who you want to believe.

Yeh, the age thing wouldn't make any sense in the context of "turning him down"......

............You just wouldn't persue him in the first place if that was a factor.

( Were they expecting a 50 year old to turn up to the interview or something? : P )

Last edited:
Much ado about nothing over a saga not worth shaking a spear at. Hardly surprising a wheeler dealer in a DoF position has characteristics likely to come under scrutiny when the wind blows closer to their sails.

Didn't care when he came nor care he has now departed, same goes for ENIC, Levy, Uncle Tom Cobbley and all.

Key word being....squad not team.

Last season then......

Romero, Bentancur, Kulu...... 3 starters that helped elevate us from 7th (the year before) to 4th.

Paratici:

Season 1: improved the starting XI
Season 2: improved the squad.

Last season then......

Romero, Bentancur, Kulu...... 3 starters that helped elevate us from 7th (the year before) to 4th.

I was actually backing you up because you mentioned the squad had improved whereas the team was referred to as not having improved. I actually think both have improved but maybe the squad more so.

Last season then......

Paratici:

Season 1: improved the starting XI
Season 2: improved the squad.

This illustrates what can happen in football. All 3 for whatever reason have made less of a contribution this season. The exact opposite of what I expected, I thought all 3 would go from strength to strength.

I was actually backing you up because you mentioned the squad had improved whereas the team was referred to as not having improved. I actually think both have improved but maybe the squad more so.

I think previously the other fella was in turn arguing team/not squad...... lol

Whatever way you slice it though; I think the team and squad quality has been improved during his tenure.

21/22 speaks for itself really and there's quite a few seeds that still have yet to blossom.

Yep. Despite Levy’s constant barking about “look at how much we’ve spent, it clearly doesn’t equal success”, it’s hard to think of the start of a season in recent memory where we could look at our squad and think yep, we’re a whole lot stronger going into this season than we were last year.

And that includes any of Pochettino’s seasons, the best manager we’ve had in the Premier League era. In not one of his seasons did we go in thinking our squad is significantly better than the previous season.

It’s just a shocking indictment.
As a reminder, I believe this was our last starting XI under Alan Sugar:

Walker,
Perry, King, Doherty, Judas
Freund, Clemence, Sicknote, Leonhardsen
Rebrov, Booth

West Ham played a midfield of Carrick, Lampard and Joe Cole.

But ENIC have totally destroyed the club! Give your head a fucking wobble.

Back
Top Bottom